We are in 2020 now; a technologically advanced year but still there are some things we cannot leave behind such as email issues. Emails hold a significant spot in our lives and we cannot ignore their presence at any cost. I don’t see e-mail getting outdated in the near future as well. So if email issues are haunting us, we need to deal with them effectively to keep going. Also, every email issue can be easily resolved, if the troubleshooting part is performed properly.
Here we have covered most common SBCGlobal email issues and how you can get away with them.
Before we begin with the solutions, let’s have a look at the possible issues that you may face with SBCGlobal email client.
Common Issues Faced by SBCGlobal Users
If SBCGlobal.net email is not working, you need to know the exact problem you are facing, only then the apt solution can be applied; go through the list and check what issue you are encountering:
- SBCGlobal is not working at all
- SBCGlobal email is down
- Email account is not opening or responding
- Login page is not loading
- Incorrect username or forgotten password
- Unable to send or receive emails via SBCGlobal email account
- Unable to use the SBCGlobal email account on Android, iPhone, or Mac.
- Unable to download or open email attachments
- Slow performance of SBCGlobal.
- Unable to access SBCGlobal with Outlook
- Hacked email account
Handy Solutions to Make SBCGlobal Email Work Again
Now, if you are encountering any of the above issues with your SBCGlobal email account, here are the tips you must apply to get rid of the problem.
On a Browser
1. Check the Internet
Begin with the basics, check your internet connection, and make sure your device is getting proper bandwidth to smoothly access your SBCGlobal emails. Poor internet can be the most common reason why SBCGlobal email is not working. Check your connection or switch to a better one and see if it helps.
2. SBCGlobal Server is Down
The next step you should take is to check the server status of SBCGlobal if it is down. For this, go to downdetector.com and look for the server status of AT&T as SBCGlobal was acquired by AT&T and if AT&T is not working and the server is down, you will face issues with SBCGlobal too. This is the most important step to take to know if the SBCGlobal email is not working today. You have to wait till the services get restored by the email client.
3. Update and Optimize the Browser
If you are using an outdated version of your browser, you may face compatibility issues while working with SBCGlobal. So update your browser and then try to login to your account.
Another reason can be that your browser is full of cookies, caches, and ad blockers or suspicious browser extensions are creating issues; so make sure to clear them before proceeding.
4. Enter the Correct Credentials
Often in a hurry, you tend to enter the incorrect username and password and find yourself incapable of accessing your account. So if you are unable to login to your SBCGlobal email account, make sure to recheck the credentials. In case, you don’t remember the correct password, you need to reset the SBCGlobal password.
5. Check the Email Settings
If you are unable to send or receive emails via SBCGlobal, the reason can be incorrect account settings. Check your block settings if you have blocked the sender or the sender has blocked you. Also, ensure that you are entering the correct email address of the receiver or ensure that the emails are not landing the wrong folder.
6. Recover Hacked Email Account
It can also happen that the SBCGlobal email account has been hacked and that is why you aren’t able to access your emails or login to your SBCGlobal email account. You can try to reset your password to be able to work with your email again.
7. Enter the Correct Configuration Settings
If you are accessing your SBCGlobal email account through Outlook, you need to enter the correct configuration settings to access the emails without any difficulty. SBCGlobal.net email will not work in Outlook if you have entered the wrong email configuration setting. So if SBCGlobal is not working with Outlook, check the configuration settings or re-add the profile.
It can happen that you are using SBCGlobal email account on your Android smartphone and it is not working; here are the possible workarounds that may help you out with it:
- First of all, simply restart your device and check if the problem you are facing got resolved. Also, check if your Android device is connected to a strong internet connection, or else you will not be able to log in or send emails.
- If the email account has been hacked, you can try to reset or change the password.
- In case, you don’t remember the correct password, you can simply reset it using the recovery information.
- If SBCGlobal email is not working on Android due to any problem, you can simply uninstall and reinstall the app on your phone.
- Next, you have to ensure that the POP/IMAP settings that you have entered on your device are correct. Here are the SBCGlobal.net email settings that you need to enter:
- Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server: mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming port: 993
- SSL Requirement: Yes
- Outgoing (SMTP) server: mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing port: 465 or 587
- SSL Requirement: Yes
- Authentication Requirement: Yes
- If there are server issues with SBCGlobal, the email account will encounter several issues and you will not be able to use it till the issue gets resolved.
If you have set up SBCGlobal email on iPhone and it is not working, no need to worry it can also be easily resolved using the given tips:
- Begin by ensuring that your iPhone is getting signal strength required to successfully log in and work with emails.
- While entering the account credentials, make sure you are doing it right and also check the POP/IMAP settings are set correctly.
- Next, you can remove your account and re-add it later then check if it fixes the underlying glitch.
- Ensure that the incoming and outgoing server are correct as provided below:
For the incoming mail server- inbound.att.net
For outgoing servers- it is outbound.net.
Also, enable SSL authentication for both the servers in the Advanced Settings section.
- Clear all the caches of your iPhone and then check if the SBCGlobal email account is working fine.
- Also, if the SBCGlobal server is down, you will face issues; wait till the issue is resolved by the email client.
Mac users have also complained that SBCGlobal is not working properly on their device or they are not being able to use the SBCGlobal email account without errors. Apart from following the basic troubleshooting, you need to ensure that you have set up your account correctly as follows:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ section of your Mac device.
- Click on the ‘Mail’ option from the available options and then select ‘Accounts’.
- You will see a list of accounts; click on the ‘Add account’ option and then click on the option ‘Other’ to add a new account.
- On moving further, click on ‘Add an email account’ and enter your SBCGlobal email address in the Email field and the password in the specified field.
- Next, in the ‘Description’ field write ‘SBCGlobal’.
- Click on the ‘Next’ button and select the ‘POP’ option and enter the hostname as ‘inbound.att.net’.
- Click on ‘Next’ and for the outgoing email server, enter ‘outbound.att.net’; click on ‘Save’ to save the changes.
Once the setup is complete, you can try to work with your SBCGlobal email account.
Hopefully, this guide will help you to get rid of all possible email issues with SBCGlobbal.
Restore Deleted Email from Sbcglobal