Outlook is the best-of-its-own kind of email program that has been introduced by Microsoft. It lets you configure more than one email account; what else could you ask for? So if you were finding it difficult to manage two-three email accounts simultaneously, Outlook has got your back.
In this guide, you will get all the required information about how to configure SBCGlobal email to Outlook. SBCGlobal is one prominent email service but it started losing its importance once AT&T went into partnership with Yahoo. Nevertheless, if you have already created an SBCGlobal email account, take this guide along and easily configure your account with Outlook.
Also, if you are an Android or iPhone user, this will automatically set up SBCGlobal on the Microsoft Outlook program.
So let’s begin.
Setting Up SBCGlobal in Microsoft Outlook
To set up SBCGlobal email in Outlook, you will need to provide the address and the connection settings of incoming and outgoing mail servers. However, the address of the servers got changed when SBCGlobal lose its existence and this domain is no longer valid. So in such a case, Outlook must connect and communicate with AT&T’s servers so that you receive new messages in your mailbox and can send the email as well.
Have a look at the steps now:
- Start with opening the MS Outlook application and click on the ‘File’ tab. Then click on the ‘Add Account’ to start the account setup.
- Next, select ‘Manual Setup or Additional Server Types’ and hit ‘Next’.
- Now, on the Choose Service page, you have to select ‘POP or IMAP’, and then hit ‘Next’.
- Now in the given text fields, enter your name and email address, and from the ‘Account Type’ drop-down menu, choose ‘POP3’.
- In the Incoming Mail Server field, enter ‘inbound.att.net’ and in the Outgoing Mail Server field, enter ‘outbound.att.net’. In the ‘Logon Information’ section, re-enter your email address in the ‘Username’ text field and then enter your sign-in password into the ‘Password’ field. After you are done, click on ‘More Settings’.
- Next, select the ‘Outgoing Server’ field, and further select ‘My Outgoing Server (SMTP) Requires Authentication’ checkbox.
- Now, select the ‘Advanced’ tab and check ‘This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection (SSL)’; enter ‘995’ in the ‘Incoming Server (POP3)’ field.
- In the ‘Outgoing Server (SMTP)’ field, enter ‘465’. From the drop-down menu of ‘Use the Following Type of Encrypted Connection’, select ‘SSL’.
- Press ‘Ok’ and then click ‘Next’ to start the configuration of the mailbox. Click on ‘Finish’ and then click ‘Close’ to exit the wizard.
Email Settings to Set up SBCGlobal Email in MS Outlook
To set up your Sbcglobal account with Outlook, you are required to use the correct Sbcglobal email settings for outlook; here are the IMAP and SMTP settings that you have to use:
|IMAP Settings||SMTP Settings|
|IMAP Server||imap.mail.att.net||SMTP Server||smtp.mail.att.net|
|IMAP port||993||SMTP port||465|
|IMAP security||SSL / TLS||SMTP security||SSL / TLS|
|IMAP username||Your full email address||SMTP username||Your full email address|
|IMAP password||Your Sbcglobal.net password||SMTP password||Your Sbcglobal.net password|
Using all the above information, you can simply set up Sbcglobal email in Outlook. If you will not enter the correct settings, Sbcglobal may not work properly with MS Outlook.