SBCGlobal is one prominent name in the email service world and dates back to 1882 when there were only a few email services available. From that time, it has successfully created a huge user base by offering the best email services. However, it got merged with AT&T in 2005 and due to the partnership of Yahoo and AT&T, you were able to access your SBCGlobal account through Yahoo mail ATT page.
But things have changed and SBCGlobal is nowhere to be seen. Even if you will search on Google, it will direct you towards the AT&T website or AT&T Yahoo mail website and they both are the same thing. So don’t get confused. Moreover, it is important to know that you can no longer create an email address with SBCGlobal.net, and even some of the existing ones have also stopped working.
If you haven’t been able to get into your SBCGlobal account, this guide has got you covered. Your inability to access your SBCGlobal account can happen due to plentiful reasons that I have listed in the guide and have provided solutions as well. So without further ado, let’s look into the possible causes that may ask you to reset the SBCGlobal email password.
Possible Causes for Unable to Login into SBCGlobal account
Let’s look at the factors that are stopping you from accessing your emails before jumping straight to the SBCGlobal password reset process:
- Yahoo’s Partnership with AT&T
If you are the one holding upon your SBCGlobal account for so long now, you must be facing a lot of difficulties while logging in. The issue may occur due to the partnership between SBCGlobal’s owner that is AT&T and Yahoo. If you want to continue using the email services, you may need to migrate to Yahoo. In case you have already migrated, you may face issues owing to the suspension of AT&T email services.
- Incorrect Password
This may be a scenario that you have quite a few email accounts and you may have completely forgotten about using the SBCGlobal one. This may result you in forgetting about the login credentials such as username or password. Now, you have something important to do with your SBC account and you don’t have access to it. If you also have forgotten the SBCGlobal password, you can simply try resetting it using the steps further provided.
- Cancellation of Email Services
Another possible scenario when logging into your SBCGlobal account seems impossible is when you have opted for the cancellation of AT&T internet service. So if you found yourself incapable of accessing your SBC account via the Sign-in page, it could be the reason. Once you have canceled the service, you may not be able to get into your SBCGlobal account. Even if you regret the cancellation, it cannot be undone now. The only option left for you is to unmerge your SBCGlobal account with AT&T.
- Account Suspension
If you haven’t accessed your SBCGlobal account for so long and are now trying to login to it, then chances are your account has been suspended. This happens with most of the email services that if you keep them untouched for longer, you eventually lose access to them permanently. The only option left here is to migrate to Yahoo and transfer your SBC data to it.
- Illegal Access
Another reason that can make your SBCGlobal account inaccessible is if someone else has illegal access to it. Hackers keep on trying to access social accounts and if they have hacked your account, it may become impossible to get back to your account; however, you can still try to reset the password in case you are lucky.
How to Recover SBCGlobal Email Password?
After knowing the different reasons for which you are unable to access your SBCGlobal account, what can save you is resetting your password. Although changing your SBCGlobal.net password is one way to keep you away from the hassle of going through the account reset process. But if you can’t change the password or if you are not able to log in, here are the steps using which you can simply reset the password:
- To begin with, go to the Yahoo AT&T website i.e. SBCGlobal forgot password page using any latest browser.
- Click on Sign in given in the top-right corner and the login screen will appear.
- As you do not remember the password or just want to reset it for any reason, click on the option ‘Forgot Password’.
- You will be asked to enter your User ID and then your last name.
- Following that, you will be given three options to reset your SBCGlobal account password and the options are:
Once you are done with entering the code using any of the above methods, you must be simply allowed to set a new password, make sure to create a strong and unique one so that only you have access to it. Also, store the password at some secret place from where you can easily retrieve it in case you forget it.
- Phone Number- For this option, you will receive a verification code on your phone number you submitted to SBCGlobal for account recovery. Enter the code for verification and follow the steps given thereafter.
- Email Address- If you have entered an email address for account recovery, you have to mention the same to get the verification code. Check the inbox of your recovery email address for the code and then enter it to proceed with the password recovery process.
- Security Question- Opt for the security question as the password reset method only if you are sure to remember the correct answer for it. Also, this option will only be available for those users only if they have set up a security question and its answer while creating the account otherwise not. You just have to select your question and give an answer to it, the answer must be the same i.e. the one you have submitted before.
That was all about SBCGlobal email password recovery and hopefully, it will help you to get your emails back. In case, it doesn’t help, you can opt for migration or better switch to a more popular email service such as Gmail or Yahoo.
What is Sbcglobal Email?
Configure Sbcglobal Email to Outlook
Can’t Send or Receive Sbcglobal emails
Setup Sbcglobal email on iPhone
Restore delete email from Sbcglobal