If you are using AOL for quite a few years now, you must be aware of the fact that how amazing it works. The ability to attach and send attachments through the mail is something we all do every day. But if you find out that AOL mail is having some issues with its attachment feature, you may feel disappointing. However, this issue can be easily fixed and here in this guide, you will learn about the right method to attach files in AOL mail and what to do if you encounter a glitch.
Correct Way to Send File Attachments with AOL Mail
Before we look into the issue, let’s look at the right way to send an attachment through AOL mail:
- Login to your AOL mail account and click on the ‘Compose’ option.
- Click on the ‘Paperclip’ icon that lets you choose files to attach; the file explorer window will open
- Look for the file you want to attach and after selecting it, click on ‘Open’. The file you selected will get added as an attachment in your mail.
- Similarly, you can add as many attachments as you want.
What to Do If You Can’t Attach Files to AOL Mail?
Not being able to attach files is one of the major AOL mail attachment problems; there can be several reasons due to which you can face issues in attaching files as attachments in AOL mail. Here is what you can do when you can’t attach your file in your mail:
- If AOL is not sending any emails, or you are getting an error message, verify that you aren’t exceeding the email attachment limit prescribed by AOL; the file you have attached must not be more than 25 MB
- You will need a working internet to send any emails or attach any files, so make sure your device is connected to a network and provides adequate signal strength.
- If you are using your AOL email account on a browser and cannot attach a file, make sure it is an updated one. Also, the browser needs to be compatible or else AOL may stop working.
If the AOL server is down for any reason, and you are not able to log in, you won’t be able to send an email or add any attachment; so you need to ensure that everything is working fine at AOL.