Have you lost important AOL contacts or they have just disappeared? AOL is kind to its users as it got a solution for everything. You can easily restore your lost, deleted or missing contacts from an automatic save point. Here are the complete guide targeting “AOL contacts recovery”. Make sure you thoroughly read the information and apply it in the right manner.
Most Straightforward Approach:
AOL itself consists of a Restore option which can be used to recover the contacts in the easiest manner. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Visit aol.com and sign in
- You will be redirected to mail account page
- Go to Contacts from the left panel
- Select More and then Restore
- Now, select the date to restore the Contacts.
- Click Restore.
Restore AOL Contacts on Third-Party Applications:
If you want to restore the AOL contacts saved on third-party applications like Outlook, or any third-party applications, the backup file can be used to get your contact back.
Every third-party application includes the option to create a backup file. It is always recommended to keep a backup of your file so that you simply restore it at any time. But those who are not habitual of backing up the contacts, you can get it from the webmail. If you got the keywords in the webmail, you can restore it. Here is how you can restore the AOL contacts:
- First log-in to AOL account
- Now using the left panel, click on available Contacts
- Click More and then Restore
- Select the date to restore your contacts.
If you like staying prepare for everything and so for the “AOL missing contacts” issue, you need to keep a backup of your contacts. For storing your AOL contacts, nothing can be better than Gmail.
Read How to Backup AOL Contact Using Gmail:
To back up your AOL contact to Gmail account, you can blindly trust Gmail as it is the most reputed webmail platform of the time. For this, you first need to export the AOL contacts using the below-given steps:
- First login to your AOL email account
- Now go to the left pane and click on “Select All”
- Click “Export”
- Choose CSV file format in the option File type
- Click Export.
Now import the AOL contacts on your Gmail account with the below-given steps:
- Sign in to your Gmail account
- Click on the six dots icon from the top-left corner and select Contacts
- Click More and then Import
- Choose CSV file
- Go to Old Google Contacts and then click More
- Click Import
- Choose the location of the file and click Import
The few additional things:
Sometimes the simplest thing can do wonders. So, if none of the troubleshooting methods work for you in an expected manner to restore missing AOL contacts, try the basic recovery methods such as.
- Check your network connection:
The network connection is an essential aspect of troubleshooting, so if you don’t have a stable internet connection, fixing is the most necessary thing to do as the poor network connection can prevent you from accessing your AOL contacts or the address book. So, to check the performance of your internet connection, try accessing any random webpage from different browsers. If the webpage doesn’t open, check the broadband connection. To get technical help, contact the Internet service provider
- Re-install the AOL software:
If you face the issue like AOL contacts are gone or missing, with the AOL desktop gold software, re-install the software. For this, first delete the AOL software, clear the cache, history and related system files, and install the AOL software from the beginning.
AOL Desktop Gold Won’t Open
Access AOL Email Account in Outlook
AOL Email Stopped Working on Outlook
Fix AOL Mail Disappeared Issue
How to Cancel AOL Mail Subscription?