In today’s world of technology, nobody can deny the importance of an email service. AOL is one of the leading email clients that is known for its excellence and extraordinary features.
But some general emailing issues cannot be avoided completely as they are the result of a bad network, incorrect settings, or other factors that are out of your reach. Nothing to worry about as the issues can be easily diagnosed by following some simple tricks.
There can be several reasons due to which you may face problems while accessing your AOL email account. In this guide, we will be talking about several AOL mail issues on different devices and how to deal with them.
Problem 1- AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails
If your AOL mail account is not receiving emails, here is what you can do:
- Check all the filters you have created for your AOL account.
- Delete or disable the ones that are no more in use
- If you are not receiving any emails, check the spam or junk box as the emails might have landed in the incorrect folder. If you have received the email in the Spam folder, select it and mark it as Not Spam.
- You can also ensure that the sender has not accidentally added you to his block list.
- There can also be a delay in receiving emails if there is heavy network traffic.
Problem-2 AOL Mail Not Loading
The next major problem with AOL mail can arise while loading emails.
- If you are facing difficulty in loading emails, check if there is an issue with the network you are connected to. If yes, that can prevent you from logging in to your AOL account. To fix the problem, you will be required to switch to a superior network that is providing better signal strength.
- If AOL is not loading on your iOS device, here are the instructions for you:
- Enable and disable the Airplane mode on your device and then check if the emails are loading or not.
- You can also try resetting the network settings from the ‘Settings’ of the iPhone menu
- Then select the General option and click on Reset> Reset Network Settings
- If you are not able to login to your AOL account on your iPhone or Android device, you can remove your account and then re-add it. To remove your account, go to ‘Settings’ and then ‘Accounts and Passwords’ and simply tap your AOL account to remove it. To add your AOL account, go to the ‘Add Account section’ and then follow the prompts.
Problem-3 AOL Mail Not Working on Android
If you are still facing problems with AOL email on your Android device and are unable to connect to the server, follow the given directions:
- On your Android device, launch your AOL mail and then type your login details; move to the incoming and outgoing server settings
- Then go to the Manual setup option and then enter the following IMAP/POP3 and SMTP settings:
AOL IMAP Settings
|AOL Mail IMAP server address||imap.aol.com|
|AOL Mail IMAP username||Your full AOL Mail email address|
|AOL Mail IMAP password||Your AOL Mail password|
|AOL Mail IMAP port||993|
|AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required||Yes|
AOL SMTP SETTINGS
|SMTP Outgoing Server Address||smtp.aol.com|
|SMTP username||Your full AOL Mail email address|
|SMTP password||Your AOL Mail password|
AOL POP3 Settings
|AOL Mail POP3 server address||pop.aol.com|
|AOL Mail POP username||Your AOL Mail screen name|
|AOL Mail POP password||Your AOL Mail password|
|AOL Mail POP port||995|
|AOL Mail POP TLS/SSL required||yes|
These settings are also required when you want to set up your AOL account on Outlook and entering them incorrectly will result in AOL not working with Outlook.
Problem-4 AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone/iPad
If AOL mail account is not working on iPhone or iPad, here’s how you can try fixing it:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ section of your iPad and then go to the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- Then select your AOL email account and make sure you have entered the correct email address
- In the hostname field, make sure you have entered ‘imap.aol.com’.
- Also, ensure that you have entered ‘smtp.aol.com’ in the SMTP field and also the server is switched on.
- Go back to the home screen and see if the AOL mail account is working on your iOS device.
Problem-5 AOL Mail Not Working on Mac
If your AOL mail account is facing issues or is not working on your Mac device; the following steps may help:
- Run the Connection Donor on your Mac device
- Then from the Applications menu, tap the Mail icon and then tap the Window option.
- Next, choose the Connection Donor and you will see your connection status on the next page.
- If the status shows as red, it implies your device is not connected to the internet.
- If you are not getting any emails, you need to go to Account settings and in the Advanced tab, uncheck the box for the ‘Use SSL’ option.
- Don’t forget to check the user account information as well as the settings of the mail server and make the necessary changes.
- Refresh the mailbox using the Inbox option given below the Setup AOL account
- Next, restart your Mac device and see if the issue got resolved.
- You can also try reinstalling the AOL mail account on your Mac device if the above steps didn’t help.
Problem-6 AOL Mail Not Working on Chrome
Most of the AOL users access their accounts on Chrome and there are chances you might be facing the issue with the email client on the Chrome browser as well; in that case, try the given workarounds:
- On your desktop, open Google Chrome, and make sure you open a new tab.
- Click on the menu icon at the right-top corner and from the options, go to More Tools> Extensions
- Now, remove all the unnecessary extensions attached to your browser
- Also, clear the browsing data of your browser; make sure to select the ‘All Time’ range and then hit the ‘Clear data’
- If this doesn’t help, you can also try resetting settings.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ section of your browser and then in the ‘Advanced’ tab, go to ‘Restore settings to their original defaults’.
- This is how you can try fixing the AOL mail not working on the Chrome issue.
Problem-7 Blerk Error 1
The next common error that most AOL users face is Blerk Error 1, and to deal with it, you will need to adjust the browser security setting as follows:
- From the ‘Settings’ tab, go to ‘View Advanced Settings’
- Go to the ‘Cookies’ tab in the ‘Privacy and Services’
- Now, you can block all the cookies or the ones that are from third parties as the cookies store the data from unwanted senders and when it stays stored for longer periods, you may experience this error.
You can also try updating the outdated bookmarks of your browser to fix this error as follows:
- From the ‘Tools’ option, select ‘Internet Options’ and then go to the Security tab.
- Select the Internet Zone
- Click on the Protection Mode to enable it
- Again go to the Internet Options and in the ‘Trusted Sites’ zone, add AOL mail as a trusted site.
- This will stop the unwanted data from unsafe sites, and you may stop facing the error.
Problem-8 AOL Mail Error Code 521
To fix the AOL mail error code 521, you can consider the given points:
- Make sure the operating system of your device is up-to-date.
- Use disk cleanup and remove all the junk files from your device.
- Using an antivirus, perform a complete scan to ensure that your system is free from virus
- Using the Windows System Restore option, you can undo the changes that you have recently made as that may be leading to the error
So that was all about the possible issues that you may face with an AOL email account and try them only by one if your AOL mail account is not working or creating issues on different devices.
How do I Create an AOL Email Account?
Retrieve AOL Mail Account Password
Download or Install Desktop Gold
How to Cancel AOL Mail Subscription?
Recover Deleted AOL Mail Contacts