Not having a Gmail account keeps you from walking side by side to this fast pacing world. So, if you haven’t registered for a Gmail account till now, do it right now. Creating a new Gmail address is quite straightforward; just make sure you are doing it right with all genuine information.
In this guide, you will read about how you can set up a new Gmail account and start using it.
How to Create a Gmail Account?
- To apply for a new Gmail address, you need to visit the official website i.e. Gmail.com and in the top-right corner, click on ‘Create an account’.
- On the next page, you have to fill up a form with your personal details such as
First name- Your first name
Last name- Your last name
Username- You have to create a unique username for your Gmail account
Password- A unique and strong combination of letters, numbers and symbols, at least 8 or more characters should be there. Enter the password twice for confirmation.
Once you are done filling the required information, click on ‘Next’.
- Next, you have to enter your phone number for verification by Google to prove that you’re not a robot.
- Check your phone for the verification code and enter it in the space provided, click on ‘Verify’. You can even go for the ‘Call instead’ in case you are not getting the code.
- In the next step, you can enter your recovery email address that is optional. Select your ‘Date of Birth’ and ‘Gender’ and then click ‘Next’.
- Scroll down and click ‘I agree’ once you are done reading the ‘Terms of Service’ of Google.
- Your Gmail account has been successfully created and now you can start sending and receiving emails.
Once you are done with the account creation process, you will be automatically signed in the very first time. However, from the next time, you will have to manually sign in and sign out whenever required.
Here are the steps to be undertaken:
To Sign in:
- Visit the link- www.gmail.com.
- Then click on ‘Sign in’ in the top-right spot of the screen.
- Type in your username for the Gmail account and press ‘Next’.
- Enter the password for your account and hit ‘Next’.
To Sign out:
Take your mouse to the top-right corner of the page and click on the first initial of your name. From the drop-down menu, click on the option ‘Sign out’.
How to Access the Mail Settings of Gmail?
Every now and then you may feel the need to update or change your mail’s settings. You may want to make changes to the Gmail’s appearance, look, create a signature, edit your labels or update the theme. All this can be done by simply accessing the mail settings as follows:
- First, click on the gear icon placed at the top-right corner of the screen and from the drop-down menu, select ‘Settings’.
- Now, from the settings section, you can click on any of the categories given in the top row and make the desired changes in the settings.
How to Sign up for Yahoo Mail?
How to Create an Outlook Account?
Create an AOL Account