Snapchat has been a pretty popular app among everyone for quite some time now, and there is barely anyone who doesn’t know about the app. One of the highlights of its many other cool features is its filters. Snapchat took to storm since its “Dog Filter” was used by almost every other person on social media. And so, there are many who want to keep up with the latest trends and be a part of the app now. Because it’s better late than never, right?
However, there are some who get a hard time understanding how the app works, so we are here to spill it all for you! In this article, we are going to explain every issue related to Snapchat – from signing in to the app, to being a pro at it! So now, let’s get right into it!
- What is Snapchat and How to Create an Account on It?
- How to Log in to Snapchat?
- What are Snapchat Streaks and How to Start Making Them?
- Ways to Recover Lost Snapchat Streaks
- What is a Snapchat Score and How to Increase It?
- Why Does Snapchat Keep Crashing on Android and How to Fix It?
- How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat?
- Steps to Recover Hacked Snapchat Account
- How to Delete Snapchat Account?
- What is Snapchat+ Subscription? Here’s All you Need to Know
What is Snapchat and How to Create an Account on It?
Even though there are many people who know about Snapchat and have an account on the app, there are also some who don’t know how to create an account on Snapchat. And so, here are the steps for it:
- Search for Snapchat on App Store.
Note: You must search for Snapchat on Play Store if you are an Android user. We are providing the steps for iOS users here.
- Then tap on Install.
- After it gets installed successfully, open it.
- Then, click on Sign up.
- Now, enter your name and then a username.
Note: Choose your username once and for all, as you can’t change it later.
- Enter a password that you will remember easily.
- After that, enter a valid email address and your date of birth.
- When you are done with filling in the details, tap on Sign up and continue.
And that’s it, guys! Now your Snapchat account will be created after successful confirmation of your registered number and email.
How to Log in to Snapchat?
There is an easy way to log in to Snapchat. If you also want to join the Snapchat gang, it is never late! All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Open Snapchat or download it if you don’t have it installed.
- Now tap on Login and enter your account credentials.
- Tap on Login and that’s it!
You will be asked after the successful login whether you want to save your “Memories” on the camera roll too, or just the Memories section.
What are Snapchat Streaks and How to Start Making Them?
After your account has been set up successfully on Snapchat, and you want to know what Snapchat streaks are, you just have to keep in mind and follow some pretty easy things. So if you think it is about time that you also want to hop into the ride and want to know how you can also start making the Snapchat streaks, then keep reading.
In order to start creating streaks on Snapchat, the users have to exchange snaps on a frequent basis but, this means that just receiving snaps and not opening them is not the only important point. And the user also has to send the snaps as well. Apart from this, they can send Bitmoji stickers in texts to each other as well. While sending snaps, the users can make use of the countless filters available on the app. Using them can also help in making the streaks and make the flame glow.
If the users don’t want to break the streaks, they have to make sure that they are exchanging snaps at regular intervals of time. And this is how they can start and maintain their streaks on Snapchat.
Ways to Recover Lost Snapchat Streaks
After rewarding the world with one of the fine trends “Streaks” for free, Snapchat has continued to emerge with more features and garner many new users. However, there come times when you live at the moment and stop capturing it – and on Snapchat, this means losing the streaks that you have been building up all this time!
It sounds like a nightmare, especially when you have them in hundreds. But don’t panic if you have lost the flame on the app! We will explain using some pretty easy ways for how you can recover lost Snapchat streaks. So now, let’s get right into it!
- Open Snapchat and tap on your Bitmoji icon.
- Then scroll down and go to the Support section.
- Now, click on I Need Help, and a new page will appear.
- Select Snapstreaks and click on let us know under the “What if my Snapstreak has gone away” section in bold.
- Then select I lost my Snapstreak.
- Now fill in all the details and information that is asked and click on Send.
You can also contact the Snapchat Support page if you can’t wait for Snapchat to respond and look into the matter.
What is a Snapchat Score and How to Increase It?
If you want to be a Snapchat pro who has streaks with a long list of friends and also wants to keep their Snap score maintained, but don’t know much about it, then worry not, it is pretty easy to understand what a Snapchat score is.
Whenever you do any activity on Snapchat and the amount of time you spend on the app using it, your Snap score is calculated and provided on that basis. The activities can include doing many things on the app, however, there hasn’t been any official word from Snapchat about how exactly the Snap score is calculated, and it tends to keep its algorithm hidden. However, there are some tips and tricks using which you can increase your Snapchat score.
If you want to know how to increase your Snapchat score, then keep reading and follow the quick and easy ways.
- Exchange snaps regularly.
- Open the snaps you have received.
- Send the snaps using different filters provided on Snapchat.
- Post as many stories as you can.
- Keep a long list of friends and maintain streaks with them.
Earlier, Snapchat used to provide different trophies as rewards to Snapchatters who had higher Snap scores. However, now the feature has been discontinued by Snapchat. So these were some pretty easy steps following which many users have increased their snap score.
Why Does Snapchat Keep Crashing on Android and How to Fix It?
If your Snapchat keeps crashing, then there can be some possible reasons which can be causing the issue to occur:
- You are using an old version of the app.
- There is a bug or technical glitch in the app.
- The network connectivity is poor.
- You haven’t updated to the latest version available of Snapchat.
- Too many apps running in the background.
And there can be many more! So now, let’s discuss how can this issue get fixed using some simple steps:
- Clear Snapchat and then launch it again – There is a high chance of Snapchat not functioning properly due to accumulated storage and cache. You can clear both and try relaunching the app.
- Restart your phone – If your device is a contributing factor in Snapchat’s crashing issue, then you can restart it. Press and hold the lock screen of your device and select restart. After it restarts, check if the issue has been resolved.
- Check your internet data connection – It is possible that your internet connection could be poor and thus cause problems like crashing Snapchat.
- Update the application – You can go to the Play Store or App Store to check whether there is an update available for Snapchat. If the app is old and not up to date, then it is possible for it to be malfunctioning.
- Uninstall Snapchat and then Reinstall it – If the app has some bugs that need to be fixed, and you are left with no other solution, it is better to install the app again. All you have to do is uninstall or delete the app, and then download it from the App Store or Play Store to reinstall.
How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat?
There are some easy ways to get dark mode on Snapchat.
There can be many reasons why some people prefer dark mode over, but one thing is that it’s simply cool! It has been quite some time now since Snapchat has been providing dark mode, but there are still some users who can’t find the option. So now let’s get right into the steps:
- Open Snapchat and click on your Avatar icon.
- Then click on the gear icon for Settings.
- Tap on App Appearance.
- Lastly, click on Always Dark.
Now your Snapchat will be in dark mode, and you can always change it in the same way whenever you want to.
Steps to Recover Hacked Snapchat Account
If your Snapchat account got hacked, and you were lucky enough that your email and number weren’t, here’s how you can recover your hacked account on Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap on Login.
- Then enter your login details and press Log in.
- Now, click on Forgot Password.
- After that, choose your mode of recovery.
- Now, you will be redirected to a new page where you have to enter your email and click Submit.
- Then go to your mail and a link for resetting your password will be sent there.
- You will be able to change your password after entering either your mail or number for receiving the code.
And this way your account will be safe again. Make sure you reset a strong password this time.
How to Delete Snapchat Account?
If you want to know how you can delete your Snapchat account, all you have to do is follow the steps given below:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap on Profile Icon.
- Then go to the Settings < Support.
- Now, click on I Need Help.
- After that, click on Delete My Account.
- Now, your account will be deleted after you confirm by logging in again.
Note: You can recover your deleted account in a time period of 30 days, however, if the time is over, your account will be deleted permanently.
So this is how you can delete your Snapchat account. If you want to know about it further, you can go to Snapchat’s Contact Support as well.
What is Snapchat++ Subscription? Here’s All you Need to Know
After WhatsApp and Telegram, now Snapchat is also in the earning game by announcing its premium subscription service Snapchat++.
According to Snapchat, Snapchat’s premium subscription Snapchat+ offers users access to “a collection of exclusive, experimental, and pre-release features.”
Not only that, but the app also comes with a bunch of perks which include the option of pinning your friend as a BFF, story rewatch count, and also an exclusive badge for the premium members. There’s much more to it, like different designs for the Snapchat ghost avatars of the user. However, the one major drawback still remains the same – ads will not be removed even in Snapchat+.
So this is it for now! Let’s wait and see what else unfolds in the upcoming time, by Snapchat.
Ans: “My Eyes Only” is a unique feature by Snapchat where the user can hide their pictures or videos from the Memories section. This section can only be accessed if the user knows the passcode for it. Is
Ans: It is pretty easy to get a verified account on Snapchat. All you have to do is:
- Log in to your Snapchat account and from your profile.
- Now click on the Settings gear from the top right corner.
- Then tap on Email and click on the hyperlink to re-request a verification email.
- Lastly, go to your email inbox and complete the verification.