It isn’t new to see people exchanging their Snapchat usernames and sending snaps to each other, especially if it’s gen Z. But what’s the deal about? Do they accomplish something by doing so? Well, maybe.
They do get certain rewards that make them stand out from the crowd on social media, and they may enjoy it too since not everyone gets them. It can be hard for some people to understand or get an idea of what Snap score is on Snapchat and how it works. And so we are here to tell you all.
In this article, we are going to discuss what is Snap score on Snapchat and how it works. We are also going to talk briefly about how you can increase it and how anyone can increase it. So now let’s get right into it without further ado!
What is Snapchat Score and How to Find It?
If you are a new Snapchat user, it is understandable to not be aware of most of the features of the app. And so, we are here to tell you about one of the unique features of Snapchat, that is, snap score. So what is it, and how does it work?
Snap score, just as its name suggests, is basically a score that is determined on the basis of various things a user does on the app, according to Snapchat. And there is a craze seen in the young users even in today’s time to keep their streaks maintained to acquire a higher snap score.
Now, let’s talk about where and how you can find the snap score. Read on and follow the easy steps given below:
- Open Snapchat and head over to your Profile (Snapchat Bitmoji) from the top left of the screen.
- After that, the Profile page will show your Snap code. Under your Snap code, your display name, and three other details: your username, your Snap score, and your zodiac sign will be visible.
- Now, tap on your Snap score, and two other numbers will appear. The number on the left is the number of Snaps you’ve sent since you created your account, and the number on the right is the number of Snaps you’ve received till now.
You don’t have to be surprised if the total of these two numbers isn’t equal to your Snap score — we’ll soon let you know how your Snap score works shortly. Now we will let you know how you can find someone else’s snap score. Let’s get started!
Steps to Find Others’ Snap Score
Now that we have shared what a snap score is and where we can find it, let’s move on to understanding the steps to find the snap score of others or our friends on Snapchat.
- Enter a chat with a friend.
- Tap on their profile icon or Bitmoji at the top left of your screen, and you will be able to see their profile.
- Now you can see their Snapchat Score under their name and username.
So these were the steps for how you can find someone else’s Snapchat score. Now, let’s discuss how the Snapchat score works.
How Does Snapchat Score Work?
There are many factors that contribute to the counting in Snap score of the users.
- Snapchat Snap Score works by combining the overall in-app activity of the users, like how many Snaps they exchange snaps meaning, send and receive them or share stories.
- Snapchat hasn’t officially mentioned how much each action is worth, but the best way to raise your Snap Score is by maintaining your streaks.
- You can find your Snap Score in your profile section.
How is Snap Score Calculated?
As discussed earlier, there are some important aspects that contribute to the calculation and increase in the snap score. So now let’s see those important points that reflect on the calculation of the snap score:
- Sending and receiving snaps: It might be obvious, but sending and receiving snaps is one of the most important factors in the calculation of the Snapchat score. If you are just sending snaps and not receiving any, it can impact your Snapchat score from going. Hence, in order to have a stable calculation, sending as well as receiving the snaps is important.
- Posting Snapchat Stories: Apart from exchanging snaps, regularly posting Snapchat stories contribute to calculating one’s snap score as well. If the stories are posted in longer intervals, then the snap scores will go up at a slow pace.
- Snapchat Streak: It isn’t only important to send and receive snaps, but also to maintain streaks on Snapchat. If the user is exchanging snaps but without streaks, or they keep breaking, then the calculation will be done on a different basis from maintained streaks.
So these were some important highlights for the calculation of the Snapchat score. Now, let’s discuss how we can increase our Snapchat score.
How to Increase Snapchat Score?
These are some of the factors that contribute to increasing a user’s snap score:
- Snaps sent and received – The more snaps you exchange, the higher your Snapchat score will go. So this is one of the most important factors in increasing one’s score on Snapchat.
- The number of stories you post – Another point that helps make a higher snap score is posting stories on Snapchat. Those who post frequently tend to have a higher score than the ones who stay inactive and post less.
- Number of friends added to the list – It is only natural that those who have a long list of friends, often interact with them. And this means, that if they chat with more people, exchange snaps, and maintain streaks, the score will increase and continue to get higher.
- Maintaining the Snap Streaks with friends – there are many easy ways to make the streaks on Snapchat, but maintaining them can be quite hard. And who wants to send requests time and time again on the Snapchat support page.
- When you start using the app again after not using it for a while, you get bonus points – Sometimes people get fed up with using social media and delete their Snapchat accounts. And when they are ready to return to the platform and start chatting with their friends, then they install it back, but they not only get to see the messages from their friends from the time when they were gone but also some bonus points from the side of Snapchat when they join the app again.
So it must be obvious after reading these points that you are supposed to make sure you are following them and doing them frequently.
Why are Snap Scores Important?
Snap scores on Snapchat aren’t just random numbers, but rather extra points themselves, which are gained by doing various activities on the app. They act as a sign of your popularity on the app, and who doesn’t want that? The more people you interact and share snaps with, the higher the score gets. So now, let’s have a look at some points which tell why snap scores are important.
- Snapchat works as a medium for the interactions that users do with each other because doing so simply benefits the app. As people use the app constantly, this leads to chatting with many users, interacting with them, watching discover videos, and other things which are profitable for the platform.
- There is sort of a competition on the app among the users to have a higher score. The unique features of Snapchat make the young crowd bow down to its gamified version. The scores are translated into Snapchat trophies. This means that the more you participate in activities like exchanging snaps, the higher your score becomes, and more trophies will be unlocked by you as an achievement on the app.
- Another reason why the snap scores are considered important by the users is that this feature rewards everyone. This means that Snapchatters are constantly checking the running tally of the score of their friends and fellow Snapchatters and by this, the company gets interactions and engagement which profits them.
So these were some points that explain why snap scores are important. Now let’s have a look at some statistics and interesting facts about Snapchat so far.
How Much Can Snap Score Go Up Per Snap?
So basically, every time you exchange texts with your friends, be it images, videos, or recordings, they get counted for your Snap score. However, the number of messages and media shared also matters, just as the exchanged number of snaps.
In conclusion, Snapchat still continues to follow its own secret formulas for calculation, so we still can’t be very sure as it varies from one thing to another on the app for the calculation.
Snapchat by the Numbers: Interesting Stats & Facts
- When Snapchat first started in July 2011, it was originally named Picaboo, but was renamed to its current version in September of the same year.
- Around 54.4% of Snapchat users are female and 44.6% are male.
- After India (115.95 million), the U.S. (106.2 million) has the most Snapchat users.
- In 2021, Snapchat’s revenue increased by 64%, to $4.1 billion compared to the prior year.
- It would take you 10 years to view all the photos shared on Snapchat in the last hour.
- 2,083,333 Snaps are sent per minute.