It isn’t new to see people exchanging their Snapchat usernames and sending snaps to each other, especially if it’s gen Z. But what’s the deal about? Do they accomplish something by doing so? Well, maybe.
They do get certain rewards that make them stand out from the crowd on social media, and they may enjoy it too since not everyone gets them. It can be hard for some people to understand or get an idea of what Snap score is on Snapchat and how it works. And so we are here to tell you all.
In this article, we are going to discuss what is Snap’s score on Snapchat and how it works. We are also going to talk briefly about how you can increase it and how anyone can increase it. So now, let’s get right into it without further ado!
What is Snapchat Score and How to Find It?
If you are a new Snapchat user, it is understandable to not be aware of most of the features of the app. And so, we are here to tell you about one of the unique features of Snapchat, that is, snap score. So what is it, and how does it work?
Snap score, just as its name suggests, is basically a score that is determined on the basis of various things a user does on the app, according to Snapchat. And there is a craze seen in the young users even in today’s time to keep their streaks maintained to acquire a higher snap score.
Now, let’s talk about where and how you can find the snap score. Read on and follow the easy steps given below:
- Open Snapchat and head over to your Profile (Snapchat Bitmoji) from the top left of the screen.
- After that, the Profile page will show your Snap code. Under your Snap code, your display name, and three other details: your username, your Snap score, and your zodiac sign will be visible.
- Now, tap on your Snap score, and two other numbers will appear. The number on the left is the number of Snaps you’ve sent since you created your account, and the number on the right is the number of Snaps you’ve received till now.
You don’t have to be surprised if the total of these two numbers isn’t equal to your Snap score — we’ll soon let you know how your Snap score works shortly. Now we will let you know how you can find someone else’s snap score. Let’s get started!
Steps to Find Others’ Snap Score
Now that we have shared what a snap score is and where we can find it, let’s move on to understanding the steps to find the snap score of others or our friends on Snapchat.
- Enter a chat with a friend.
- Tap on their profile icon or Bitmoji at the top left of your screen, and you will be able to see their profile.
- Now you can see their Snapchat Score under their name and username.
So these were the steps for how you can find someone else’s Snapchat score. Now, let’s discuss how the Snapchat score works.
How Does Snapchat Score Work?
There are many factors that contribute to the counting in Snap score of the users.
- Snapchat Snap Score works by combining the overall in-app activity of the users, like how many Snaps they exchange snaps meaning, send and receive them or share stories.
- Snapchat hasn’t officially mentioned how much each action is worth, but the best way to raise your Snap Score is by maintaining your streaks.
- You can find your Snap Score in your profile section.
How is Snap Score Calculated?
As discussed earlier, there are some important aspects that contribute to the calculation and increase in the snap score. So now let’s see those important points that reflect on the calculation of the snap score:
- Sending and receiving snaps: It might be obvious, but sending and receiving snaps is one of the most important factors in the calculation of the Snapchat score. If you are just sending snaps and not receiving any, it can impact your Snapchat score from going. Hence, in order to have a stable calculation, sending as well as receiving the snaps is important.
- Posting Snapchat Stories: Apart from exchanging snaps, regularly posting Snapchat stories contribute to calculating one’s snap score as well. If the stories are posted in longer intervals, then the snap scores will go up at a slow pace.
- Snapchat Streak: It isn’t only important to send and receive snaps, but also to maintain streaks on Snapchat. If the user is exchanging snaps but without streaks, or they keep breaking, then the calculation will be done on a different basis from maintained streaks.
So these were some important highlights for the calculation of the Snapchat score. Now, let’s discuss how we can increase our Snapchat score.
How to Increase Snapchat Score?
These are some of the factors that contribute to increasing a user’s snap score:
- Snaps sent and received – The more snaps you exchange, the higher your Snapchat score will go. So this is one of the most important factors in increasing one’s score on Snapchat.
- The number of stories you post – Another point that helps make a higher snap score is posting stories on Snapchat. Those who post frequently tend to have a higher score than the ones who stay inactive and post less.
- Number of friends added to the list – It is only natural that those who have a long list of friends, often interact with them. And this means that if they chat with more people, exchange snaps, and maintain streaks, the score will increase and continue to get higher.
- Maintaining the Snap Streaks with friends – there are many easy ways to make the streaks on Snapchat but maintaining them can be quite hard. And who wants to send requests time and time again on the Snapchat support page.
- When you start using the app again after not using it for a while, you get bonus points – Sometimes people get fed up with using social media and delete their Snapchat accounts. And when they are ready to return to the platform and start chatting with their friends, then they install it back, but they not only get to see the messages from their friends from the time when they were gone but also some bonus points from the side of Snapchat when they join the app again.
So it must be obvious after reading these points that you are supposed to make sure you are following them and doing them frequently.
How Much Can Snap Score Go Up Per Snap?
So basically, every time you exchange texts with your friends, be it images, videos, or recordings, they get counted for your Snap score. However, the number of messages and media shared also matters, just as the exchanged number of snaps.
In conclusion, Snapchat still continues to follow its own secret formulas for calculation, so we still can’t be very sure as it varies from one thing to another on the app for the calculation.
Ans: No, technically, Snap scores don’t go down. And it doesn’t affect the score whether the user is inactive, either. However, the speed might be slow if the user doesn’t post much.
Ans: Due to the app’s popularity, there are many users who have snap scores in the hundreds of thousands. And hence, there can be a higher score, the more the user uses the app.
Ans: Basically, the Snap score is calculated based on a user’s in-app activity. It also rewards the user with the points they exchange snaps, participate in making streaks and post stories.
Ans: Actually, your Snapchat score cannot be dropped. You begin with a score of 0, but as soon as you begin using the app and participating in it, your score always rises.
Furthermore, it’s a known issue that your score will occasionally seem to be dropping if you’re using an outdated version of the software or when SnapChat fails. If you see a reduction in your score, you can try updating the app to the most recent version.
Ans: You may buy a higher Snapchat score from certain sketchy websites. Don’t take them at their word, there is no method for a third party to raise your score without interacting with you on the app. If they did, Snapchat would swiftly identify any suspicious behaviour and ban any accounts involved, including yours.