Snapchat is the most popular social media app that is used to share short videos, images and to interact with your friends. This social media platform is largely used by most people from all across the globe, that’s why it is the latest target for hackers. So, if unfortunately, your Snapchat account has got hacked, here you will find all the useful information to recover it.
Scenario-1 If Your Email or Phone Number has not been Changed
Hackers tend to change or remove the email address or phone number of the Snapchat account they hack; but if you will act quickly enough, you may get lucky and get your account back from hackers. So, here are the steps to start with:
- Open your Snapchat app
- Tap ‘Log In’
- Enter your Snapchat username or emails and then tap ‘Forgot your password?’
- You will get two options to reset the Snapchat password i.e. using your Phone or Email depending on the information you have added to your account. You can choose anyone to change your password.
- You will be directed to a new page if you have selected where you have to enter your email address and then tap ‘Submit’.
- You will receive a link in your email; you have to click on it and tap the link to proceed to change your password.
- If you want to use your phone number, enter it and then you will be asked to choose between ‘Send via Text’ and ‘Call me’ and then you will get the code on your mobile device; enter the same to change your Snapchat password.
Scenario-1 If Your Email or Phone Number has been Changed
If unfortunately the email address or phone number of your Snapchat account has been changed or removed by the hacker, it can be quite tricky to recover it, however, there is still one option that you can try.
- Go to https://support.snapchat.com/en-US
- From the left column, click on ‘Safety’
- Then click on ‘Report a Safety Concern’
- For the question ‘What can we help you with’?, select- ‘I can’t access my account’
- And then further for the statement ‘Oh no! Tell us more…, select- ‘I think my account was hacked’
- Then you will see a form where you have to fill in certain information such as your Snapchat username, the email address that you used to create your Snapchat account, mobile number and then enter the problem you are facing in detail
- After completely filling up the form, click on ‘Send’
- After that, you have to just wait for the response from Snapchat’s side about further instructions.
These were the two ways you can use to recover your hacked Snapchat account.
Also Read- Get Verified on Snapchat