|Streaks can be made by asking a friend beforehand, or by simply sending a streak in the first place.|
|Sharing media from memories doesn’t affect the Streak in any way on Snapchat|
|Users can add bitmoji stickers and filters to make their snaps better and more intriguing|
In the age of social media and technology, being social and keeping track of your peers is the new normal. Snapchat, a platform that became popular for the filters that it offered, has been making waves and part of the reason behind it is the concept of streaks.
There are high chances that one of your friends or co-workers has asked you this question, “What are streaks for Snapchat?” For the generation to whom Snap is still a foreign concept, Streaks is essentially not a feature but a fun activity that allows users to experience Snapchat to the best of extent.
It includes sending a random photo or video snaps every day and with time, if the other individual also snaps you back, the streak will continue to grow. In simpler terms, if you send snaps to a friend for ten days straight and the friend also does the same, your streak will show a count of 10 whenever you open the conversations tab on Snapchat.
Benefits of Using Snapchat Professionally
Before we move to the fun part, let us get to know why it is beneficial for you to start using Snapchat in case you have a business to run or an online proposition in mind.
Key in Boosting Engagement
Integrated campaigns have been long ongoing, even before Snapchat was a thing. With the use of Geo filters, users can create custom filters and hashtags to promote their services or business with ease.
Helps in Driving Traffic
Snaps bring this sort of attention since they don’t last for a longer period of time. If you play your cards right, the audience will pay attention to what you have to offer and will ultimately lead to a significant increase in traffic.
The Discover section has made it possible for smaller brands and businesses to promote themselves in a better way. This comes off as one of the most brilliant ways for marketing on Snapchat.
Nowadays, several brands have started to promote their business on Snapchat now that it has become a proven method. The use of Snapchat can have a significant impact on the audience for the better
Efficient for Consuming Content
Snap stories and polls have made it easier for users to feel engaged, and the addition of music on stories makes it the perfect source of entertainment and information.
Now that we know about the several benefits, let us turn our heads to the center of attention, Streaks.
How to Get Started with Streaks on Snapchat?
Streaks are created after three consecutive days when both the users have exchanged snaps for three consecutive days. There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to starting a Snap streak. ‘How to start a streak on Snapchat’ is still one of the simplest yet most difficult questions on the internet.
Although, there are some methods that one can resort to in case they are completely new to the concept of Snap and do not know the meaning of streaks on Snapchat.
Firstly, you can simply ask the user via chat or a photo if they are interested in making streaks. This usually works out if both of you are familiar with how snap works.
One can also send a snap directly and hope for a reply, similar to shooting an arrow in the dark. If they snap back, the mission is successful, if not, better luck next time.
|Note: One doesn’t necessarily need to keep track of time, as Snapchat will simply put up an hourglass emoji right next to the snap streak in case you are about to run out of time to send a snap.|
Sending the same blank photos or videos can be a bit exhausting for both users. The next segment will tell users how to do streaks on Snapchat in style.
Basic Ideas for Streaks on Snapchat
Creating Snap streaks shouldn’t come off as a dull job. There should be an element of excitement for the users, which is why we bring you a couple of Snapchat streak ideas, so you and others can make the most out of every capture.
By Using Bitmoji Stickers to Send Snap Streaks
Stickers can be pretty fun to get started with snap streaks.
- Click on the name of a user from the conversations tab and look for the sticker tab to choose one from the same section that features you and your friend, in case your friend has made a Bitmoji too.
- Once you have selected the sticker of your choice, apply it on the snap and send it to get the job done.
Using Filters for Snap streaks
- Simply tap twice on the username of a friend from the conversations tab to take a photo or video.
- Following that, try swiping left or right to select the filters that are available for use. In case there is a particular filter that is in use with that friend, you will find the same alongside your snap streak featuring in white numbers with the flaming emoji.
People often confuse snaps for sending media, which is not true since both of them are completely different. Let us dig into some of the basic interactions that do not have any connection with snap streaks.
Basic Interactions on Snapchat That are Not Counted as Snapstreaks
The platform of Snapchat makes it easier for users to interact with friends and other users in a number of ways, but one should know that such interactions do not contribute to the snap streaks, in case you made any. These interactions include;
Posting on Your Story
One of the major highlights of Snapchat is that people can post on their stories and their friends and other random users can view it. This has nothing to do with your ongoing snap streaks and will not affect the same in any manner.
Snap Media Sent in a Group
It is pretty obvious that creating snap streaks is an individual thing and sending videos or photos in the group will not maintain the streak in case you are making a streak with any of the members of the group. Sending snaps on an individual level is the only way one can keep the number moving.
To chat with anyone, one needs to click on the username or hard press on the same to start chatting, which is pretty, but keep in mind that this will in no way alter the streak on Snapchat.
The Use of Snapchat Spectacles to Share Content
If you are feeling good, making use of Snapchat spectacles might not be a bad idea after all. This might give you the feeling of being a super snap chatter, but then again, it doesn’t come in handy and won’t get counted as a snap for the streak.
Using Memories to Send Snaps
Previously taken photos and videos that have been saved in memories or if they have been uploaded in memories from your device are of no good for your snap streaks. Sending these during the 24-hour time duration for the snap streak will be of no use, as there are high chances that the media was snapped and saved from a pretty different timeline.
So, how can one actually make a snap count? Here are the only two ways in which one can do this.
How to Make a Streak Count?
If you are adamant about following this trend of continuing streaks with friends and other users on Snap, here are two ways that can be of use;
- By sending photo snaps to an individual user or a friend
- By sending video snaps to an individual user or a friend
There you have it. This answers the infamous question of “how to send streaks on Snapchat?” and as long as you end up sending a snap before the time limit runs out, you will do just fine.
Hacks for the Best Snapchat Experience
- In case you are looking to take a screenshot in the chat without notifying the other user about the same, turn on the airplane mode for your device and log out of the app after you have done this. Turn the airplane mode off and log into your Snapchat account again.
- Make use of the in-built QR code in Snapchat instead of typing the complete username, as it is much easier that way.
- Users can access the geo-filters whenever they click a picture to make it look better.
- In case you have a rough idea about Photoshop, creating your own geo-filters is child’s play.
- Try using multiple filters by holding it down with one finger and then using the other finger to swipe and select another filter.
- There is a way around the ten-second video limit for Snapchat. Double-tap the device as soon as you start filming and once you have recorded, tap on the ghost icon on Snapchat to return to the application. Keep in mind that this is only for iPhone users.
- Simply tap on the pen icon from the top right corner of your screen to choose a color from the rainbow icon. The white color can be accessed by hitting the pen icon and then dragging your finger to the top left corner without lifting it from the screen altogether.
- For the black color, do the same, but drag the finger towards the bottom left corner instead of the top corner.
- Adjust the font size of your captions by clicking on the “T” available in the top right corner of your screen after you have clicked or recorded a snap.
- Add as many emojis as you want, as the latest update has lifted the restrictions of adding a selected number of emojis per snap. Changing the size of the emoji is pretty simple and easy to do. Simply stretch the emoji and you are done.
These are some of the tips that can be of use for newbies and veterans alike on Snapchat.
This sums our “how to make Streaks on Snapchat” edition up. We hope that the blog helped you to better understand how Snap streaks work, so you can make the most out of your time on this social media platform.