Snapchat is one of the most used apps by the youth, and many of them continue to use it for its cool filters and to exchange snaps with their friends. Snapchat continues to bring out new things for its users, like Premium Snapchat and Snapchat Plus.
Apparently, keeping a higher Snapchat score keeps you popular and reflects how socially likable you are? So what is a Snapchat score, and how does it work? And how to increase snap score?
In this article, we are going to discuss how the Snapchat score works and how to get a higher Snap score? So now, let’s get the ball rolling and get right in!
About Snapchat Score and How it Works
A great way to be popular on the app is to have a higher snap score, which many don’t! There has been the craze of creating streaks on Snapchat and making sure to maintain them for quite some time now, and the trend doesn’t seem to go away anytime soon.
Snapchat doesn’t particularly make its algorithm known. So what is Snapchat score, and how does it work? It may seem as simple as staying active on the app, but it can get complicated. Most users understand that your Snapchat score becomes higher if you stay active on the app, but there are a few exceptions to the rule.
The numbers vary depending on certain factors, such as the number of Snapchat users receiving your Snaps and the times of stories you post. A Snap Score increases for many reasons which aren’t fully known, and maybe that’s how Snapchat wants it. So now, let’s head over to the main part where we tell the steps for ‘how to increase your Snapchat score?’
Read More: How to Retrieve My Eyes Only Password/Pictures on Snapchat?
Steps to Increase your Snapchat Score
If you are looking for ways to increase your snap score, then you are just at the right place. There are a plethora of websites that will tell you how you can increase your snap score in a short span of time, but trust me, Snapchat’s algorithm works pretty differently from what most think it works like. It has its own methods of calculating the scores, which won’t change on the basis of some third-party apps’ use.
These are some of the factors that contribute to increasing a user’s snap score, and following the will can give fruitful results to a raise in your snap score:
- Send and receive more snaps – It is obvious to Snapchat users that sending and receiving snaps makes the streaks, which contributes to increasing the Snapchat score, and they are right. The more snaps you exchange, the higher your Snapchat score will go. So this is one of the most important factors in increasing one’s score on Snapchat.
- Watch Discover Videos – There is also a section of people who don’t prefer to send snaps regularly on the platform and use it just for filters or other reasons. But there is another way to increase your Snapchat score so worry not. You can head over to the Discover section and watch different videos by different creators there as per your interests. And this way, your score can get a boost and by watching them regularly, it will get increased.
- The number of stories you post – Another point that helps make a higher snap score is posting stories on Snapchat. Those who post frequently tend to have a higher score than the ones who stay inactive and post less. So if you want to raise your score, you have to post often.
- Add more friends to the list – It is only natural that those who have a long list of friends, often interact with them. And this means that if they chat with more people, exchange snaps, and maintain streaks, the score will increase and continue to get higher. So you have to be a bit more sociable, so the Snapchat score increases.
- Avoid Sending Text Messages – There is a misconception that sending or receiving a lot of messages on Snapchat will help in increasing the Snapchat score. But, we hate to break it to you that this is certainly not the case. As mentioned earlier, exchanging snaps regularly can surely help in raising your Snapchat score but we can’t say it is the same in the case of texting on Snapchat.
- Open Snaps regularly – It has to do a lot with how you interact with the snaps that have been sent to you. If you keep the snaps unopened, it is possible that your snap score might not increase and stay the same. So apart from sending and receiving snaps, you must respond to them or at least open them and not leave them unopened or pending.
- Maintaining the Snap Streaks with friends – There are many easy ways to make the streaks on Snapchat, but maintaining them can be quite hard. And who wants to send requests time and time again on the Snapchat support page? So make sure that you have your streaks maintained and don’t have to start all over again in case they break.
Tip: In order to maintain Snapchat streaks and not forget to send snaps on time, you can set a particular time once a day when you have to send the snap. This will make a schedule of at least one snap per day and your streaks will stay maintained without getting the annoying timer.
- When you start using the app again after not using it for a while, you get bonus points – Sometimes people get tired of using social media and delete their Snapchat accounts. And when they are ready to return to the platform and start chatting with their friends, then they install it back, but they not only get to see the messages from their friends from the time when they were gone, but also some bonus points from the side of Snapchat when they join the app again.
Misconceptions About Your Snapchat Score
There is no end to misconceptions in literally every other thing. And so, the similar is the case with increasing the Snapchat Score. Don’t get it? Let us explain.
So, there are also some actions that people believe help in increasing one’s Snapchat score but don’t actually quite lead to it. Hence, now we are going to clear the air, so you don’t continue to stay in confusion or keep doing them in false hope.
- If you send or receive messages on Snapchat, there are no bonus points or plus points that increase your Snapchat score. Since you are only having a conversation and Snapchat is a messaging app as well, doing this will not make much difference.
- If you think that seeing the stories of your friends or fellow added snapchatters will help you raise your Snapchat score, that certainly isn’t the case.
- There is no surety for the last one as it has groups of people divided into two – while some believe sending snaps in Snapchat groups helps in increasing the Snapchat score, others think it does nothing. Well, the best way to decide is by trying it yourself.
How to Find Your Snapchat Score?
If you don’t know how to find your Snapchat score, we will break down this process into simple steps for you to understand. All you have to do is follow the ones below:
- Launch Snapchat and tap on your profile icon from the top-left of the screen.
- Now your Bitmoji will appear and a number will be visible below it. That number is your current Snapchat score.
- If you click on it, it will further break into two, and you will be able to see your sent and received snaps so far.
If you want to find out your friend’s or the score of other Snapchatters on Snapchat, read on and follow the next section.
How to Find Your Friend’s Snapchat Score?
Now that you know how you can find your Snapchat score on Snapchat, let us help you in finding for others.
- Open Snapchat and go to your Chat tab on the left. You can also swipe right and go there directly.
- Now tap on the Bitmoji of the user whose Snapchat score you want to see.
- Once you do that, you will be able to see their Snapchat score right below their Bitmoji avatar.
Using the above easy steps, you will be able to find other user’s Snapchat score. Now let’s talk about some Snapchat score hacks that you might want to know or stay aware of.
Addressing the Snapchat Score Hacks
Simply put, increasing the snap score in an instant is impossible. Snapchat’s algorithm is much different from other social media platforms.
There’s no way of hacking it, so don’t fall for these scams. Stay away from all third-party apps and sites, and please don’t give them any money. These apps and sites exist to inflict malware or spyware on your device, or worse, scam you into giving them your hard-earned cash. Don’t let them convince you that they are reputable or legit!
And so, it is important to make use of only valid platforms for accessing or installing Snapchat. The legitimate way to have your snap score raised is via the use of the official app only, since other apps can contain malware too which can harm the device.
Note: The only safe place to download Snapchat is the official app store for your platform. Follow the links to download and update Snapchat for Android and iPhone users. These links lead to the only real Snapchat app, and it’s free.
Snapchat is surely a super fun platform with millions of users all across the world. It became popular with its different fun filters which it offered back in the day, and they have now become common on other social media platforms as well.
Like most of its interesting features, like Half-Swipe on Snapchat, it provides a Snapchat score as well. A lot has been explained in the article about it along with the ways to increase it. We hope that the article helped you in understanding it, and you will now be able to raise it with the help of the methods and other information given above.
Read More: Everything about Snapchat: A Complete Snapchat Guide
Ans:This number varies from user to user depending on how much time they are spending on the app. The average snap score is between 4000 for every thousand friends.
Ans:Your Snapchat score doesn’t go up instantly after you do activities that are included in increasing the snap score, but if you are not seeing any changes in your snap score despite following them for a long time then you can take help from the help and support section in Snapchat.
Ans: Even though the Snapchat score is a fun feature on Snapchat, those who have an interest in it take it seriously and hence strive to raise them. They get trophies for it and earn other rewards as well which makes it an interesting experience for them.