Lately, Yahoo users have been left scratching their heads after getting the spam message error.
The warning message stated:
“Your message cannot be sent because it resembles spam and/or links. Please modify your message and try again”
If you are not involved in anything that is mentioned in the above message and still being stopped from sending emails, the error can be from Yahoo’s end.
Before jumping to conclusions, let’s get a wider perspective of the whole thing.
Why Yahoo Is Telling Your Message Resembles Spam?
Yahoo has set some guidelines that you need to abide by as a user while exchanging emails using their platform failing which your email will be marked as spam.
Here are the reasons for which Yahoo may mark your email as spam and temporarily blocks your account:
- Sending emails in bulk in a short period
- Sending the same email to a large number of recipients
- Continuously sending a lot of emails in a short of time
- A message is stuck in the Yahoo mail app
- Your Yahoo account has been hacked or compromised by a hacker and there have been some suspicious activities happening lately
So if your account has been flagged for sending unwanted emails, these could be the possible reasons.
But in my case, I wasn’t involved in any such suspicious sending habits, still, was facing a blocked account. On sending an email from the Yahoo webmail portal, the email was not even sent and the popup appeared that your email resembles Yahoo mail error, try sending again by modifying the message.
I tried again, as before, email sending failed.
So if you are thinking sending a plain text message without any link may work, No, it will neither fix the spam error and nor restore the email service. What will work then?
How to fix the ‘your message cannot be sent as it resembles spam and/or contains only links’ error message by Yahoo?
I almost spent 48 hours on my computer to get it fixed ASAP as this error put a full stop to my work, so getting rid of it was my priority. Here’s what I find:
I don’t know why but I changed my Yahoo account’s password and after a day passed, I was able to send emails as before. This is so because Yahoo may take your account as hacked or compromised and will stop you from spreading spam. Changing the password may make them think that the account is now secured, ultimately allowing you to send emails.
You may already know, but here are the steps to change the Yahoo account’s password:
- You need to be logged into your Yahoo account.
- Open the ‘Account Info’ section and then click on ‘Account Security’.
- Click on the option ‘Change Password’ give on the right side of the screen.
- Set a new password, enter the same twice to confirm.
- Clicking on ‘Continue’ is the last step of the process.
From the time you have changed your password, try to send the email after a gap of 24 hours. You may probably get lucky just like me. I recommend not to try sending an email before the expiration of this period as this may confuse Yahoo to trust you or not. Meanwhile, you can update your password on all your devices that you use to access Yahoo.
How to Avoid the Yahoo Spam Error Message in the Future?
To not be deemed as suspicious by Yahoo ever again, here are the tips that you need to keep in mind:
- Use Yahoo Groups to send emails to a large number of people.
- Give breaks in between while sending a large number of emails.
- Remove your Yahoo account from all the untrusted sources.
Yahoo Account Locked How to Unlock?
Forward Yahoo Email to Another Email
Make Yahoo My Homepage on Firefox
Unmerge Yahoo Email from AT&T Account
Delete Folder in Yahoo Mail