Hacking is a serious concern and with the rise in technology, hacking incidents are also on the rise. All your social accounts are always at the risk of getting hacked if you have not secured them properly. This norm applies to your Yahoo account as well that can be illegally accessed if you don’t pay enough attention to its security. If you are also feeling stressed due to your hacked Yahoo account, don’t fret as there are ways out of this problem.
Recover Yahoo Account through a Desktop
In order to recover your Yahoo account through the desktop website, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Using any browser, go to the official website of Yahoo and click on ‘Sign-in’.
2. On the next page, click on ‘Trouble Signing in’ given at the bottom of the sign-in section.
3. Afterward, you will be asked to enter your phone number or recovery email address. This is the most important step in regaining access to your Yahoo account.
4. If you have entered your phone number, you will be asked ‘Do you have access to this phone?’ hit on ‘Yes, text me a verification code’.
5. Enter the code you have received and then click on ‘Verify’.
6. If you have more than one Yahoo account, you will be asked to select one for which you are going to reset the password.
7. After that, you can set a new password for your Yahoo account in order to regain access to it.
This same process has to be followed if you are using a secondary email address to do the recovery.
Yahoo Account Recovery through Mobile
- Open the Yahoo app on your phone and tap on the Yahoo mail icon given on the left side of the screen.
- Next, tap ‘Trouble signing in?’ and on the next page, you will find some recovery options.
- Enter your phone number or email address you have linked to your Yahoo account.
- If you have entered your email address, press ‘Continue’ and click on ‘Yes, text me a verification code’.
- Enter the verification code into the given box and click on ‘Verify’.
- Select the account you want to recover if you have more than one Yahoo account.
- After this, you will automatically get access to your hacked Yahoo account.
But in case the recovery information has been changed by the hackers along with the password, it will be almost impossible to recover the Yahoo account as then you will not be able to verify that you are the real owner of the account.
Tips to Keep Your Yahoo Account Secure from Hackers
- Always use a strong and unique password to lock your account using special characters, numbers, etc.
- Never share your passwords and other credentials even with people you trust.
- If you access your account through public Wi-Fi or the system, make sure to change the password after the session ends.
- Keep the recovery information up-to-date as that will help you to access your account whenever you get locked out.
Also Watch Video-
Permanently Delete Yahoo Account
Fix Yahoo Mail Temporary Error 14
How do I Solve Yahoo Error 554?
What is a Yahoo email 550 error?