Most of the giant email provider companies like Gmail, Yahoo, etc. offer a facility to create folders. Folders let you manage your email account and keep your emails separate from each other. You receive a number of emails every day out of which some are not that important. So you can simply transfer the important ones into a separate folder and check the folder whenever you need the emails.
Another scenario is when you don’t need the emails of a particular folder anymore. In that case, you can simply delete that Yahoo mail folder. If you don’t know how to do that, let me show you how to delete a folder in Yahoo mail.
Before beginning with the deletion part, let’s see how you can create a folder in Yahoo first.
Creating a Folder in Yahoo Mail
- Firstly, you need to be logged into your Yahoo mail account and once you are in, click on the ‘Mail’ icon in the top-right corner.
- On the next page, click on the option ‘New Folder’ given at the bottom of the left side column.
- Next, in the text field provided, enter the name for your folder, for instance, I am creating a folder here namely, Jobs, where I can keep all my jobs related emails’, after entering the name, click on the ‘Arrow’ button in blue or press ‘Enter’ on your keyboard.
- That was all and your new Yahoo folder has been created.
Deleting a Folder in Yahoo Mail
Have a look at the steps to delete a Yahoo Mail folder of your account:
- Click on the ‘Mail’ icon in the top-right corner after logging into your Yahoo account.
- On the left-side column, scroll downwards and you will see all the folders that you have created; click on the one that you want to delete. Here I have clicked on the one that I want to delete i.e. Jobs.
- You will see all the emails that the folder has; you need to delete them all before you can delete the folder. Without deleting the emails, you cannot delete a Yahoo folder. So select all the emails of the folder and click on ‘Delete’.
- Now, click on the arrow button of the folder and you will see a few options, click on the one that says ‘Delete Folder’.
- With this, you Yahoo folder has been successfully deleted.
Deleting a Folder in Yahoo Mail Basic Version
If you are still using the Basic version, here’s how to delete a folder in that, make sure that you have shifted all the important messages from the folder you are going to delete.
- Go to the ‘My Folders’ section in the left column and select the one you want to delete.
- Click on ‘Edit’ given next to ‘My Folders’.
- Under the ‘My Folders’ section, click on ‘Delete’ given next to the folder’s name.
- Press ‘Ok’ for confirmation
This was all about how you can delete the Yahoo folders and their contents.
How do I fix Yahoo Error 554?
What is a Yahoo email 550 error?
Yahoo Mail Temporary Error 14
Recover Missing Yahoo Contacts
Yahoo Account Permanently Delete