Yahoo is one of the favorite email clients of internet users, for several known reasons. From features to the interface, Yahoo definitely offers something extraordinary. One such feature is ‘auto-forward’ offered by yahoo mail where it forwards its emails to the address you want.
For instance, you have a good number of email addresses and don’t get time to check each one of them. This may make you skip some important emails that were of utmost priority. So in order to avoid missing upon important emails, Yahoo lets you forward its emails to any other email client, possibly one that you log into every day.
No Kidding! You can use the Yahoo mail forwarding feature and make your emails more organized. Let’s get into the procedure.
Forwarding Yahoo Mail to another Email Address
If you want to forward Yahoo mail (For Latest Yahoo Version) to any other email address, here are the steps that you need to follow:
Let’s begin with the steps:
- Log into your Yahoo account, click on the ‘Mail’ option in the top-right corner.
- In the top-right corner, click on the ‘Account Info’ option and a drop-down menu will appear; click on ‘Settings’ and then click on ‘Go’ given next to it.
- On the right, you will see a section where you can edit your account details, scroll down and in the ‘Forwarding’ text field, enter the emails to which you want to forward the emails.
- Scroll up and click on the ‘Save’ option given in the left column at the top.
That’s how you can simply forward your Yahoo email to any of your other email addresses.
Forwarding Yahoo email to any other email client using the above process is a piece of cake. But that is for the basic version of Yahoo. If you want to try the latest Yahoo version, the steps are a bit different. For instance, you have a Gmail account and you want to forward all your Yahoo emails to that using the basic version. Let me brief you on that as well to make it simpler for you.
How to Forward Yahoo Mail to Gmail?
To forward Yahoo mails to Gmail, make sure the Gmail address is not the one set as the recovery email address for Yahoo. Have a look at the steps:
- Log in to your Yahoo account in a web browser and click on the ‘Mail’ icon in the top right corner to open the Yahoo inbox.
- Click on the option ‘switch to the newest Yahoo mail’ given at the top-right side.
- Tab on the ‘Settings’ icon in the right-side and then click on ‘More Settings’ option given at the bottom
- Click on the ‘Mailboxes’ option given in the left column.
- Then click on your Yahoo email address to edit the settings.
- Scroll down in the right column and you will find an option for ‘Forwarding’ where you just have to enter your Gmail address to forward your Yahoo mail account to your Gmail account; click on ‘Save’ to confirm the changes.
This will automatically forward all your yahoo mails to your Gmail account. There is no need to further log in to Yahoo mail to access the emails.
In the same way, you can forward emails from your Gmail account.
How to Fix Yahoo Mail Forwarding Not Working?
Facing error while forwarding a Yahoo email to some other email account? Yes, this can happen too.
Here are the steps that will help to get rid of the error:
- Make sure the device is connected properly to the internet.
- Check whether the browser you are using is supported by Yahoo mail, if yes, then make sure it is an updated one.
- Make sure the email address you have entered to forward the emails to, is completely correct.
- Web browser extensions such as plugins or add-ons can also create issues while forwarding emails. Remove all such plugins and then try to forward an email.
- Try accessing the Yahoo account from a different device. If you are able to do so, then the issue is with your computer or laptop.
Why is Yahoo Mail not Working on Chrome?
Why is Yahoo Mail not Receiving Emails?
Yahoo Account not Working on Outlook
Why is Yahoo Mail not Loading on My iPad?
Yahoo SMTP Server is not Working