Yahoo is one of the most prominent email services, largely used by millions of users from all over the world. While using Yahoo, several users have been complaining about not being able to send emails. The error message faced during this problem is shown as- ‘Error Code 475 – Suspicious Activity was detected on your account’. This error message is generally seen when Yahoo doubts of suspicious activity going on your account and it blocks your account from sending emails that look like spam. So if you are also facing this error, you will not be able to send an email from your Yahoo account. However, you will still receive the emails from your contacts.
Before fixing the error 475, first look into the causes of the same and they have been mentioned below:
- If you have sent a lot of emails using the email account within a very short span of time. Yahoo has automatic filters that will block your account from sending emails any further.
- The emails you are sending using your Yahoo account contain duplicate information so Yahoo will not let you do that.
- If your Yahoo account is sending the same message to multiple recipients as it is also considered spam by the email client.
- A message is stuck there in the outbox of the Yahoo account.
So if you are also facing this problem, Yahoo live chat support can be the ultimate solution for you. In this article you will also get some other methods that you can also go through to fix the error code 475 with Yahoo account:
- Delete emails from the outbox folder
If you are not able to send emails via your Yahoo account, it will get stuck in the Outbox folder, Yahoo has some security filters that will not let you send emails till the issue gets resolved. So, to overcome this problem, you need to follow the steps listed below:
- Open the Yahoo mail app and then go to the ‘Menu’ icon.
- From the left-hand pane, go to the Outbox folder.
- Clear all the emails that are there in the Outbox folder.
- Now, re-launch the Yahoo app and check if the issue has been resolved.
- Change the password of your email account
This issue can also arise when you are not able to update the webmail due to suspicious activities and hence are not able to send any emails. You can try to fix the issue by changing the password of your account. Go to the menu and click on ‘Settings’ options. From there click on ‘Manage Accounts and choose ‘Account Info’. Follow the given instructions to change the password and check if the issue gets resolved.
- Wait for the account to get automatically unlocked
Yahoo takes around 12 hours before unlocking your account if it got locked due to spam activities. You can wait for a day and then reach out to Yahoo for further instructions to get the account unlocked and back to normal activity.
Why is Yahoo Mail not Receiving Emails?
How to Setup Yahoo Mail on iPhone?
Is Yahoo Messenger Still Available?
What Happened to My Yahoo Groups?
Why was Yahoo Together Discontinued?