Gmail is the most commonly used emailing platform as it is easy to use and comes with a lot of efficacious features. But this cannot deny the fact that you will never lose access to your Gmail account. There can be several instances where you may find it difficult to login to your Gmail account due to entering the wrong password, network issues and so on.
I can’t help you out with network issues, but I can surely assist you if you are not able to sign in to your Gmail account due to entering the wrong password. Mainly, Gmail offers two ways to recover your Gmail account-
- Using your Phone Number
- Using your Email Address
This guide will talk about how you can recover your Gmail account using your recovery email address; so let’s begin with the steps.
Steps to Reset Gmail Password using Recovery Email Address
- Go to www.gmail.com
- Enter your Gmail address that you want to reset the password for.
- Click on ‘Forgot Password’
- Then enter the last password that you remember using with your Gmail account and click on ‘Next’.
- After that, you will receive a notification on your mobile devices that you have ever used to log in to your Gmail account, if this is the case with you, tap ‘Yes’ on your mobile device and press the number that you see on the screen. On doing this successfully, you will be allowed to change the password of your Gmail account. If you don’t have access to your mobile device, click on ‘Try another way’.
- The next option you might get is to enter the answer for the security question that you have set up while creating your Gmail account. If you don’t know the answer, click on ‘Try another way’.
- The last option you will get is to use your recovery email address to reset the password of your Gmail account. Firstly, you have to enter the complete recovery email address linked to your Gmail account and then click on ‘Send’. After that, log in to your recovery email account and get the code that you have received from Gmail. Enter that code on the password recovery page and click ‘Verify’. Upon doing this successfully, you will be allowed to create a new password for your Gmail account.
Also, Watch This Related Video-
If you are looking for more information about Gmail account recovery, you can read our other related articles here:
Recover Gmail with Two-Step Verification