Gmail is the world’s most popular email service provider with 1 billion active monthly users from across the globe. The reasons are clear; its remarkable features and easy to use interface has attracted a huge user base over time. Even when I started my email journey, I was suggested to create a Gmail account as it is quite easy to log in and access the emails whenever you want.
Moreover, Gmail offers quite a few methods to login and you can choose whichever suits your situation.
Method-1 Login to Gmail on Computer via Browser
Most of you must be in the habit of logging in to Gmail using a browser such as Google Chrome due to the handiness it offers. So here are the simple steps to access your Gmail account on a browser:
- On a browser, type the URL- www.gmail.com to directly to the official website of Gmail. You will get two choices- one is to set up a new Gmail account and the other is to log in if you already have one. To begin with the login process, enter the email address or phone number associated with your Gmail a/c in the space provided and click on ‘Next’.
- The next step is to enter the password in the given text space and click on ‘Next’. The password will show up in bullets so that no one else around you can see it; if you want to check that you are entering the correct password, click on the eye button.
- Entering the correct password will let you successfully sign in to the Gmail account and you will be directed to the inbox.
Method-2 Login to Gmail on a Mobile Device
If you have a habit of checking emails on your phone to stay informed on the go, you can even log in to Gmail on your mobile device. However, you just have to login once on the Gmail mobile app, and not every single time you want to check the emails. From the next time, simply tap the app to get access to the Inbox.
Before logging in make sure to install the Gmail App for your device (Android, iPhone, or iPad).
- On opening the Gmail app on your device, you will see the Welcome page; tap ‘Skip’ to proceed.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to ‘Add an Email Address’; tap on that option.
- You can select from the different email giants available such as Yahoo, Outlook, etc., as Gmail lets you use multiple accounts simultaneously but to login to Gmail, tap on ‘Google’; the very first option that you see.
- Now, you will be prompted to enter the email address or phone number linked to your Gmail account and tap ‘Next’.
- Next, enter the password you have set for the account and tap ‘Next’.
- If you want you can allow backing up your data to Google Drive by tapping on ‘Accept’. That was all; you will be logged into your Gmail account on your mobile device.
Method-3 Login to Multiple Gmail Accounts Simultaneously
Gmail lets you log in to multiple email accounts at the same time and there is no need to change the browser or go incognito. Once you have logged into your primary Gmail account, here is the procedure to follow to log in to another one at the same time:
- Click on the profile icon of your Gmail account and click on ‘Add another account’.
- You will be directed to a new login screen and the rest of the process is similar to the previous one; just enter the email address followed by its password and you will be simply able to manage two Gmail accounts at the same time. Not only two; you can log in to more email accounts using the same way.
On Mobile Device
If you want to login to another Gmail account on your mobile device, you can do that too as follows:
- Open your Inbox and tap on the profile icon; then tap on the option ‘Add another account’.
- Tap on ‘Google’ as you are adding another Gmail account.
- Now simply enter the email address and tap ‘Next’.
- Enter the password and tap ‘Next’.
- After that, you can anytime switch between your two Gmail accounts by tapping on the profile icon and selecting one of the accounts.
Similarly, you can log in to as many Gmail accounts or other email accounts as you want using the single mobile device.
Method-4 Log in to Gmail using Guest Mode
To keep it secure and safe, Gmail lets you log in using Guest mode if the computer you are using to access your email account is not your own. It often happens that you want to login to a personal Gmail ID using the official computer or in a cyber café and are concerned about your privacy; using the guest mode to login can save you. Here’s how to use it:
- To login to a Gmail account as a guest, open Chrome and click on your profile icon in the top-right corner and click on ‘Guest’ from the options in the list.
- A new window will open where you can simply log in to your Gmail account as you usually do without leaving any traces such as browsing history, cookies, etc. However, it will save all your downloaded files. To exit the guest mode, simply close the window.
Method-5 If Gmail’s Two-Step Verification is Enabled
If you have opted for Gmail’s two-step verification, no doubt you have added an extra layer of security to your account. However, this will also add an extra step in the Gmail login process. If you have enabled 2-step verification for Gmail, you will need to enter a code sent to your mobile device after entering the password to complete the authentication process.
How to Login Yahoo
Gmail Sign in
Facebook Sign in
AOL Mail Login
Sbcglobal Email Login