Gmail accounts are no less than a boon when they have so much to offer and you just need to create an account to get your hands on its amazing features. Moreover, Gmail offers several recovery options in case you forget the password, such as:
You can easily reset the password using any of the recovery options made available by Gmail.
There can be a scenario where you have added a recovery phone number or email address to your Gmail account but don’t have access to them now. The recovery seems impossible, isn’t it?
Fortunately, Gmail provides another recovery option i.e. to use your old password to recover your email address that has been thoroughly explained in the video below:
You even refer to the step-by-step guide provided underneath:
- In a new tab on your browser, go to gmail.com
- Now, enter the email address for which you need to recover the password
- Click on ‘Forgot password’
- Now, you will be asked to enter the last password that you remember with this Google Account.
Here old password means that you have to enter any of the passwords that you remember for this account. You must have changed it several times and even if you don’t remember the right one, you may recall and enter the one you have ever used for your account, press ‘Next’.
- Next, for your Gmail account recovery, you will be asked to check your mobile device for the notification that you have received from Google. You simply have to tap ‘Yes’ on your mobile device followed by the number that you can see on the screen. If you don’t have access to your mobile device that is showing on the screen, click on ‘I don’t have my phone’ option to proceed.
|Note- To use this option, you will only need access to your old mobile device that you have ever used to log in to your Gmail account; phone number is not required.|
- After that, you will get the option to use your recovery email address for your Gmail account recovery, as you don’t have access to it, simply click ‘Try another way’.
- Next, depending on the recovery information you have added to your Gmail account, you will either get the option to use your mobile number or to answer the security question. So, even if you don’t have access to your recovery email address or phone number, you can still get back access to your Gmail account by correctly answering the security question, click on ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Upon correctly answering the security question, you will be allowed to change the password of your Gmail account.
That’s how you can easily reset the password of your Gmail account, even if you don’t have access to your recovery or alternative email address or phone number that was linked to your account.
Note- The options you will get for recovering your Gmail account depends on the information you have added to your account while setting it up. If you haven’t added any recovery information, it will 9not be possible to get access back to your account; Google will need some information to review if it is the actual owner of the account who is trying to recover it; the only thing you can do is to create a new Gmail account.
More Related to Gmail: