Gmail accounts are no less than a boon when they have so much to offer and you just need to create an account to get your hands on its amazing features. Moreover, Gmail offers several recovery options in case you forget the password such as a recovery phone number or email address. You can easily reset the password using any of the recovery options made available by Gmail.
There can be a scenario where you have added a recovery phone number or email address to your Gmail account but don’t have access to them now. The recovery seems impossible, isn’t it?
Fortunately, Gmail provides another recovery option i.e. to use your old password to recover your email address that has been thoroughly explained in the video below:
You even refer to the step-by-step guide provided underneath:
- In a new tab on your browser, go to gmail.com
- Now, enter the email address for which you need to recover the password
- Click on ‘Forgot password’
- Now, you will be asked to enter the last password that you remember with this Google Account.
Here old password means that you have to enter any of the passwords that you remember for this account. You must have changed it several times and even if you don’t remember the right one, you may recall and enter the one you have ever used for your account, press ‘Next’.
- Google will ask for some time to review your request and you will even be required to enter any of your email addresses that you have access to right now. Google will contact you on that email account that you enter.
- Now, on the email address you have just entered, you must have received a verification code on that.
- Open a new tab and login to that email address where you have got the code.
- Open the email sent by Google and copy the verification code it has, paste it in the previous tab.
- Google will take few days to review your request for account restoration, you will get a section to enter additional info about your account where you can get information like your birth details so that it will become easy for Google to recognize the account belongs to you, press ‘Done’.
- After that, you will be connected to a support specialist and wait for the update at your other email address you have entered in the previous step.
That was all about this password recovery method of Gmail.
Recover Gmail Password With Recovery Phone Number
Recover Gmail Account With Two-Step Verification
Permanently Delete Gmail Account
How to Change Gmail Account Password?
How do I Log in to My Gmail Account?