We tend to do some things that we may regret later. Just like that, sometimes, in need of some privacy, we hide apps on our iPhone devices but then don’t know how to locate them. So is there a way to find hidden apps on iPhones? Of course, there is, and you have certainly landed at the right stop.
Here I have accumulated a few ways to help you locate hidden iOS apps. Have a close look and see which of the following works for you.
Finding Hidden Apps on iPhone
Follow the below-given methods to access hidden apps on your iPhone.
Method 1- Use the Search Feature
The first and simplest way to look for hidden apps on iPhone is from the search feature on your device. Let’s find out:
- Unlock your iPhone and simply swipe down from the middle of your screen.
- On the top of your screen, click on the Search bar.
- In the search bar, enter the name of the app you are looking for.
- If the app (hidden or not) is installed on your device, it will appear in the search results.
Method 2- Use the App Library
Another way to locate hidden iOS apps is via the App Library. Even if the app has been hidden from the search bar, there’s no way that it can stay hidden from the App Library. Here’s how the App Library can show hidden apps on iPhone:
- Go to the home screen of your iOS device and swipe from right to left till you open the App Library.
- There, you will see all the apps divided according to the categories, like social, utilities, shopping, and others.
- You can either look at the app from those categories or simply use the search bar from the App Library.
- Once you have found the app, long press on it to launch the menu option of the app, and there click on the ‘Add to home screen’ option.
Method 3- Use Siri to Find the Hidden Apps
Let’s not forget that iPhone users have an assistant named Siri that goes everywhere with them. Hence, you can use Siri to help you find hidden apps on your iPhone. Plus, there might be some restrictions enabled on the hidden app because of which it isn’t appearing in the search bar; in such cases, you can take the help of Siri; here’s how:
- Simply unlock your phone and invoke Siri. Siri can be invoked by long pressing the side button or just saying “Hey Siri.”
- When Siri is enabled, ask Siri to “Open (App Name).”
- Siri will automatically search for the app from the system and launch it for you.
Method 4- Use the App Store
Another method for finding the hidden apps in your iOS device is from the hidden app purchases from the App Store. Here’s how:
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone and visit your profile from there.
- Click on your name and scroll down to locate the Hidden Purchases option.
- You can browse through the list of apps and look for the one you have been searching for.
- Once you have found the app, you can click on the download button to bring it back to your iPhone.
Method 5- Find the App From the App Folder
You may have grouped some apps from the same category and created folders for them. The same folders can be used here; maybe the hidden app you have been looking for is in one of those folders since these folders can go up to 12 different pages. Let’s find out:
- Unlock your iPhone and look for all the app folders on your home screen.
- Look in all the pages on each app folder to locate the hidden app.
- Once you have found the app, drag it to either the front page of the folder or out of it as per your requirement.
Method 6- Check the Hidden Home Screen Pages
Sometimes, you may have hidden the entire page from your home screen. In such cases, you have to unhide the whole page to locate the hidden iOS apps. Here’s how:
- On your home screen, press on any blank space until all the app icons jiggle.
- Then, tap on the tiny dots present right at the bottom of your screen.
- This will lead you to another page where all the pages are shown.
- Click on the empty circle present at the bottom of the page to bring it back to the home screen.
And now that the page is back, so are the apps on that page.
Method 7- Remove the Screen Time Restrictions
Screen time is quite a helpful feature that limits how much you can spend on your iPhone. The features also come with hiding some apps like iMessage, camera, or any other. So the apps hidden from the screen time restriction feature can’t be accessed until they are removed. Therefore, if have want to unhide an app from the screen time restriction section, follow the below-given steps:
- On your iPhone, visit the Settings app and click the Screen Time option.
- Go to Content & Privacy Restrictions and provide your Screen Time Password or your face ID.
- Once done, go to the Allowed Apps option and toggle the button next to the app you want to bring back to your home screen.
Method 8- Reset the Home Screen Layout
If you are still unable to locate the hidden app you have been looking for so far, you can try resetting the whole layout of your iPhone’s home screen.
When you set up your entire home screen’s layout from the scrap, all the app folders will be deleted. Hence, you will be able to locate the app that you have been looking for. Here’s how:
- Visit the Settings app on your iPhone.
- There, click on General and then on Reset.
- Select the option that says Reset Home Screen Layout.
- Once the reset process is completed, go back to your home screen, and the app should be somewhere.
So these were all the methods you can use when managing how to unhide apps on iPhone and reveal secret apps on iPhone issues.
Here are some frequently asked questions about how to find hidden apps on the iPhone home screen:
Ans: For this, go to the Watch app from the paired phone, go to My Watch, then on Installed on Apple Watch, on Show App on App Watch, and then toggle the app you want to unhide.
Ans: There are many ways to unhide an app on your iPhone, you can use Siri, the search bar, the app folder, the app library, or other methods.
Ans: Yes, you can. Go to Settings> General> Storage> iCloud Storage, and you will see all the apps listed there. Locate the one you want to delete and click on the Delete app option.