Many people tend to hide things like apps on their iPhones, and not leave them out in the open for public display. And if you are also an individual who prefers to keep some things to yourself, or likes a clutter-free home page of apps, read on.
While there are some ways to hide apps on iPhone, like via using third-party apps, it isn’t always the safe way. As it can play with your data’s safety. So in the case of hiding apps on an iPhone, we have pretty simple methods that we will be discussing in the article.
So let’s jump right into it and get the ball rolling!
Can you Hide Apps on iPhone?
If you are wondering whether it is possible to hide apps on an iPhone, it absolutely is. You can hide apps on iPhone using both ways – directly via the inbuilt options, or with the use of any third-party apps.
It is not a big deal to hide apps on an iPhone if you know the ways correctly. So let’s get into the steps without any further wait and see different methods to hide apps on an iPhone.
Ways to Hide Apps on iPhone
Due to a number of reasons, many people prefer to keep their apps hidden. And if you are also one of them, we are here to tell it all.
There are basically two ways to hide apps on an iPhone without the use of third-party apps. So let’s get started with the steps for both methods below.
If you want to hide apps on an iPhone using folders, the steps are pretty simple.
- Open the Home Screen of your iPhone.
- Now tap and hold the app that you want to hide.
- Then select the Edit Home Screen option.
- Once the apps start to jiggle, press and hold the selected app and drag it over any other app where you prefer to hide it.
- After the apps are together, tap and hold the app again and shift it towards the right. This will create a new page in the folder.
- Now the app will not be visible on the Home Screen of your iPhone anymore.
Using the above-given steps, you can hide the apps on your iPhone. However, if you find this way slightly complicated, there is another method using App Library on iPhone as well to hide apps on an iPhone.
Via App Library
Apart from hiding apps using folders, you can hide apps on an iPhone via App Library as well. To know, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Home Screen of your iPhone.
- Now go to the app that you want to hide and press and hold on to it, select Remove App.
- Then select the option Remove from Home Screen.
Now the app will be successfully removed, hence hidden from your Home Screen, as you can still access it from the App Library. If you also want to hide apps from your App Store history, read on.
Steps to Hide Apps from App Store History
Just like hiding apps on iPhone, from the Home Screen using different ways, you can also hide the apps from App Store’s history as well. To know how, follow the steps given below:
- Launch App Store on your iPhone and click on your Profile icon.
- Then select Purchased.
- After that, look for the app you want to hide and swipe left on it, tap on Hide. Then click on Done.
Now the app will successfully stay hidden from your App Store history as well. If you want to know how you can find the hidden apps on your iPhone, follow the steps given in the following section.
How to Find Hidden Apps on iPhone?
If you have hidden an app or more apps on your iPhone and can’t find them on the Home Screen, and now you want to find them, use the methods given below.
- Go to the App Library of your iPhone.
- Now click on the Search bar and type the name of the app you’re looking for.
💡 Tip: Instead of typing the app’s name, you can also ask Siri to do that for you and the results will appear.
- If you still have the app on your iPhone, but it is not appearing on the Home Screen, it will be in the App Library.
This way, you will be able to find the hidden app(s) on your iPhone. However, the app(s) won’t appear if you had removed or uninstalled them earlier.
Ans: Yes, you can easily hide apps on an iPhone without deleting them. Simply follow the given steps:
- First press and hold the app that you want to hide and move it over to any other app.
- Now a folder will be created with a name that you can change later.
- After that, drag that app to the right side, and it will be moved to a new page of the same folder.
Now your app will be hidden successfully from the homepage, without getting deleted.
Ans: Yes, the apps on an iPad can be hidden in the same way as on an iPhone, since its Settings are pretty much the same.
Ans: There is a hidden photo folder in the Photos app of iPhone/iPad where all your hidden pictures are saved.
Ans: To hide an app from your iPhone’s search results, all you have to do is follow the steps given below:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Siri and Search.
- Now scroll down and choose whichever app you want to hide.
- Disable the toggle for the “Show App in Search” option.
By following the above-given steps, you will be able to hide an app from the search results of your iPhone.