Verizon and Outlook are two prominent names in the emailing world and what makes them great is their ability to work in harmony. You can set up your Verizon email account on Outlook to access both the accounts simultaneously. This way you will be able to access all your emails without logging into your Verizon account.
Outlook comes in two versions i.e. Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express and here you will find the complete information to set up your Verizon account on Outlook. Setting up Verizon email in Outlook is a matter of a few minutes and you will need to enter some settings; so make sure to stay tuned and read the info till the end.
Setting Up Verizon Email in Microsoft Outlook
Here’s how to set up Verizon email on Outlook:
1. Firstly, open your Microsoft Outlook account and click on the ‘File’ menu.
2. Click ‘Add Account’
3. A new ‘Add Account’ wizard will appear where you will be required to enter certain information.
4. Select ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ and then click ‘Next’.
5. Select ‘POP or IMAP’ and then click ‘Next’
6. Enter your name and Verizon email address in the ‘User Information’ section.
7. In the ‘Server Information’ section, select the ‘Account Type’, enter the ‘Incoming Mail Server’ as ‘incoming.verizon.net’ and in the ‘Outgoing Mail Server’(SMTP), enter ‘outgoing.verizon.net’.
8. In the ‘Logon Information’ section, enter the Verizon username and password
9. Click on the ‘More Settings’ option at the bottom-right
10. Then click the Outgoing Server tab and select the box that says ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’
11. Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and enter the following information:
- Incoming Server: 995
- Outgoing Server: 465
12. Finally click ‘Ok’, ‘Next’ and then ‘Finish’ and that will complete the Verizon email setup on Outlook. That’s how you can set up Verizon email in Outlook by using the correct email settings for Outlook; also, the steps may vary a bit depending on the Outlook version you are using. Not entering the correct Verizon (IMAP, POP, and SMTP) email settings for Outlook may make you face Verizon login issues.
Read Next :