Yahoo may have been going through a tough time, but that doesn’t change the fact that the company was one of the most dominating ones to ever exist. Apart from all the services that the firm has offered to the users over the years, the email service of Yahoo is by far the most popular of them all.
But even though the service has tons of different things to offer, it is not exactly flawless. Users often complain about deleted Yahoo emails, login issues, and whatnot. Among these issues, an infamous pop-up has resurfaced on the internet where a user is unable to access their account while an error appears on their screen with this message, “sorry we don’t recognize this email”.
Why does it happen, and what can you do about it? Let us dive right in.
“Sorry We Don’t Recognize This Email”- Probable Reasoning for the Occurrence of this Error
Generally, the error occurs when the servers of Yahoo do not recognize your mobile number or email address. A notification pops up on the screen stating, “Sorry, we don’t recognize this email address or mobile number.“
- The major reason behind this can be when users enter an incorrect email address or password for their email account, something that is not registered with the servers of Yahoo.
- Another reason can be when your account gets hacked, Yahoo will leave you hanging.
- Inactivity can also be a major factor in the email error that users face, since Yahoo deactivates email addresses that have been inactive for a long period of time.
It is common knowledge that everybody makes an error while entering their email address and password for the login process for Yahoo, which is exactly why Yahoo offers the option of recovery contacts. Users can either add a secondary email address or a mobile number.
Let us move forward to the steps that can help a user to recover their account.
Effective Steps to Recover Lost Yahoo Account
Yahoo has made it easier for users to recover the lost account with the use of the recovery webpage. The developers have designed the page in a way that allows the users to retrieve their lost email accounts with the use of a verification code that will be sent to the users on their secondary email address or an alternative mobile number.
Here are some simple steps that can be used to recover a lost Yahoo account without much fuss;
- Begin with the account recovery process for Yahoo by opening the web browser of your choice.
- With the use of the same, simply locate the login page of Yahoo to proceed further.
- In the next window, click on the “forgotten password” option that is just below the email address field.
- After doing so, simply choose any of one out of the options that are mentioned to move forward with the process. Alternatively, you can also use a secondary email address in case you do not have access to the mobile number. Upon this, Yahoo will use the same details for verification purposes.
- In case you are able to access either the mobile number or the email address, simply complete the missing letters or the missing digits that are available on your screen. All you need to do is to mention the missing details in the given section and click on submit to complete the same. Tap “submit“.
- A verification code will be sent to you on the recovery email address or mobile number. Enter the code correctly and click on the “verify” button.
- Following that, you will need to create a new password to access your Yahoo email account. Make sure to come up with a unique and simple password for your account. Finish by clicking on the “Continue” button to complete the recovery process.
- In the case of the latter option that says, “I don’t have access“, a notification will appear on your screen stating that “uh-oh looks like we can’t recover your account online.” If you receive any such message, you can simply look for other ways to recover your Yahoo email account. Begin again by clicking on the “start over” button.
And just like that, you can log in to your Yahoo account with the use of the newly created login password for Yahoo.
Yahoo email is widely used by different people from different parts of the globe and it is no secret that the users face issues with the email service time and again. Chances are that every user has come across the error that says, “sorry we don’t recognize this email” at some point in time.
The steps mentioned above can help users to get their lost Yahoo account back. For any more queries or doubts, you can contact the help and support center of Yahoo, or you can check out related topics on our website for other issues.