AOL, an American multinational technology company, is known for providing a number of internet-based web services. The engaging features and services offered by this email client make it preferable by millions of users from all over the world. AOL Desktop Gold is an improved and more secure version offered by this brand and it is known for offering music, videos, movies and emails, all in one place.
But imagine a day when you have to send an urgent email using the AOL Desktop Gold version and it is not opening at all. To fix this problem, firstly, it is important to know about the factors that are responsible for creating this problem.
Causes of ‘AOL Desktop is not Opening’ Error
- If there was some sort of interruption while Downloading or installing the AOL Desktop Gold.
- One of the applications installed on your device is not compatible with the AOL Gold version.
- If the system has got attacked by any virus or malware.
- The hard disk may have been damaged, hence creating issues with the application.
For any of such reasons, AOL Desktop software may stop responding at all. To resolve the problem, here are some quick workarounds that you can apply:
The Solution to “AOL Desktop is Not Opening’”
- First and foremost, you need to ensure that your system meets all the requirements that are important for the installation of the software.
- If the system has been attacked by virus or malware, you will need to run an antivirus scan that will detect all the threats and you must delete them permanently.
- A properly working internet connection is mandatory to make the AOL Desktop Gold software work smoothly so make sure that your device is also connected to a strong network. Also, make sure that no download or update is running in the background so that adequate signal strength is made available to the software.
- If you find any of the applications installed on your system is not compatible with AOL Gold, uninstall them.
- The AOL Desktop version must be the latest one.
- Clear all the caches and cookies from your device with the help of settings option.
- The firewall installed on your system may be creating an obstruction in the functioning of AOL Gold, so disable it temporarily.
How do I Contact AOL by Phone?
To resolve the issue with AOL Desktop Gold, if you are looking for a phone number to seek help, you can visit the AOL help page. There you will find the entire information related to AOL support options and how you can reach out to the customer care representatives for instant help. You can contact the executives via email, phone, or social support pages on Facebook and Twitter. However, some of the support services are only available to paid AOL members.