AT&T is one of the top names in the telecommunication company and it not only offers email service but also provides Landline, Television, and Internet services. Out of all, its email service is quite promising and holds a huge user base than other services run by AT&T.
Equipped with all the amazing features, AT&T is never expected to go down. However, not all days are bright and the same happens with AT&T when you realize it is not working with Outlook.
This has been reported by most of the users who tried to access ‘att.net email’ through Outlook and found it not working.
So here we are going to discuss this prevalent AT&T issue and what all help you can expect when att email is not working after configuring it to Outlook.
- Run Outlook in Safe Mode
There can be some settings or add-ons that are interrupting with Outlook and this could be one major reason due to which your ATT email account is not working with MS Outlook. Start Outlook in safe mode to check if they are the culprit using the steps listed below:
- By pressing the Windows key and R, the ‘Run’ dialog box will open. Type ‘Outlook/safe’ in the given space and then click ‘Ok’.
Check the AT&T-Outlook Configuration
- Click on ‘Ok’ in the new window and Outlook will start; check if the issue persists.
- If you got rid of the error, that means the settings or add-ons were causing the issue.
If you haven’t configured AT&T email in Outlook properly, you are going to face glitches, and to fix this, you will need to enter the correct AT&T mail settings. Here is how you can fix the configuration if att.net email is not working with Outlook:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and click on the ‘File’ tab and then go to the ‘Account Settings’ section.
- In the ‘Email’ tab, click on the ‘New’ option.
- Switch on the ‘Server Settings’; press ‘Next’.
- Select the ‘Internet Email Addresses’ and then click on ‘Next’; enter the following information in the given fields:
User Name: Full Name.
Email Address: AT&T Email Address
- For ‘Type of Account’, select ‘IMAP’ or ‘POP’ and then enter the given information:
- AT&T IMAP Settings for Outlook
Incoming Email Server: imap.mail.att.net
Incoming Port: 993
Outgoing Email Server: smtp.mail.att.net
Outgoing Port: 465
- POP Settings for Outlook
Incoming Email Server: inbound.att.net
Incoming Port: 995
Outgoing Email Server: outbound.att.net
Outgoing Port: 465
- Under the ‘Login Information’ tab
Email Address: ATT email ID/User ID
Password: ATT email account password
Login with security: SSL
The AT&T email settings for outlook 2016, 2019, and other versions are almost the same.
Check the Antivirus
- Click on ‘Test Account Settings’ and if you find everything correct, click on ‘Next’ and then click on ‘Finish’ to save the AT&T email account settings for Outlook.
- Thereafter, you can simply log in to your AT&T email account on Outlook by entering all login details.
Antivirus or Windows firewall works to protect your device from malware and virus, however, sometimes they can also interfere with other software and your email account. So whenever you experience any issues while using AT&T on Outlook or it is not working, you should temporarily disable the antivirus or firewall and then check if it helps.Remove and Re-add your Email Profile
If your att.net email is not working, be it 2013, 2016, or 2019, you can try this method as it has proved to be helpful. So to remove your AT&T email account from Outlook here is what you need to do:
- Go to the ‘Files’ tab in Outlook and click on ‘Account Settings’.
- Then click on the option ‘Manage Profiles’ and you will see the option ‘Show profiles’; click on that.
- Select your AT&T account that you want to remove and click on the ‘Remove’ button.
Re-configure your AT&T account now and then check if it fixed the error.Switch to IMAP
IMAP and POP are the two types of accounts; the former being the latest. IMAP offers certain features that are not there in POP. It lets you sync your emails across all your devices and that is the reason most of the email services are shifting to IMAP in 2020; POP is slowly going outdated.
So, if att.net email is not working, you can try switching to POP from IMAP. You can make the changes in the account settings of your Outlook account and after switching to an IMAP account from POP, the issue may disappear. Use Google DNS
The reason due to which att net email is not working can be your DNS and switching to Google’s DNS may fix the issue. Here are the steps you need to follow to do the same:
- On the taskbar, click on the network icon and select your network.
- Then select ‘Change adapter options’
- You will see the list of all the network connections available on your PC and then right-click your network and choose ‘Properties’.
- Now, select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP4)’ and then click on the ‘Properties’ option.
Try Using a Different Email Client
- Next, choose ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ and type 184.108.40.206 as the Preferred and 220.127.116.11 as Alternate DNS server; press ‘Save’.
If nothing helps you out and you are still wondering why my AT&T email is not working, you can try using the webmail version as a temporary solution. You will not need to configure the account and can simply log in to AT&T mail using the username and password to check your emails. Make sure att.net email is not down and the servers are working fine.
That’s all you can try to fix your AT&T account with Outlook.
How to Setup AT&T Email on iPhone?
AT&T Email not Working on iPhone
Fix AT&T Email Login Issues
Restore Hacked AT&T Email Account
Recover Permanently Deleted AT&T Emails