Bellsouth is a very well-known email service and is popular among users for years now. Run by AT&T, you can log in to your Bellsouth email account from the AT&T login page, or you can also configure your account to Outlook to get all the emails there. In case you have already done that, you might be enjoying the comfort of using both the accounts simultaneously or you might be facing difficulties in using the Bellsouth email account with Outlook. If your account is not working with Outlook or you are not able to log into your Bellsouth email account, this guide is going to be of great help for you.
Top 5 Solutions to Try When Bellsouth Email Account is Not Working with Outlook
Here’s how to fix the bellsouth.net email account if it is not working with Outlook:
1. Change the Password
If Bellsouth email is not working with Outlook, you can simply try to change the password as this problem can arise due to configuration. Hence, visit the official website and change the Bellsouth.net password. If you are still facing the same issue, you must create a secure mail key. The key is just a password that you will use for only Outlook. Also, using a secure mail key is a great way to keep your account safe from malware.
Here’s how to create a secure mail key:
- Navigate to your Bellsouth profile page and press the ‘login info’ option.
- Select your Bellsouth email account for which you want to set up a secure mail key.
- In the ‘Secure mail keys section’, click on the ‘Manage secure mail keys settings’ option.
- Click on the option ‘Add secure mail key’
- You can even enter a name for your security code if you want.
- Select the option ‘Create secure email key’ and also click on the option ‘Copy secure mail key’ to copy the key to the clipboard and press ‘Ok’.
Now you have to go back to Outlook and change your password using the secure mail key and then see if you are still facing the same issue.
2. Ensure the Configuration is Correct
The major reason why your Bellsouth email account is not working with Outlook is you haven’t done the configuration correctly. So, if this is the problem, you need to verify the configuration settings and make the required changes. Here is how to correctly set up your Bellsouth email account on Outlook:
- Open Outlook, go to File> Add Account
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types and hit Next
- Choose POP or IMAP and press ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Enter all the required information related to your account.
- If you are using a POP server, enter inbound.att.net as an incoming mail server and outbound.att.net as an outgoing mail server.
- Click on ‘More Settings’
- In the Advanced tab, enter 995 in the incoming server port number and 465 in the outgoing server.
- If you are using an IMAP server, enter imap.mail.att.net as an incoming mail server and smtp.mail.att.net for an outgoing mail server. Use 993 for incoming server and 465 or 587 for outgoing server
- Click on the test account settings button to see if you have done everything correctly. Make sure to enter the correct Bellsouth email server settings.
3. Update your Outlook profile
There is one more reason that can make your Bellsouth email account face issues while working with Outlook is when your Outlook profile has gone corrupted; here’s how you can fix it:
- Launch the Outlook Web App.
- Click on the Settings option, and then click on Options.
- Click on ‘Account’ in the left navigation pane and then click on the option ‘Edit Information’.
- Make all the necessary changes and click on the ‘Save’ option.
4. Enable Email Forwarding
If you are still not able to send any emails from your Bellsouth email account or aren’t receiving any, you can enable email forwarding for your Bellsouth account. This may be a temporary solution but you can use this option till you are not able to figure out the reason why Bellsouth email is not working with Outlook. Enable email forwarding and mention your Outlook email address for the account you want your emails to be forwarded to.
5. Check the Antivirus
Are you using an antivirus as a shield for your device? If yes, it can also create trouble while using your Bellsouth email account with Outlook. To fix this, you simply have to add Outlook to the list of exceptions in your antivirus. The other way out is to temporarily disable your antivirus and then see if this helps.
Roadrunner Email is not Working with Outlook
Aol Email is not Working with Outlook
AT&T Mail is not Working with Outlook
Yahoo Mail is not Working with Outlook
SBCglobal Email is not Working with Outlook