If you are using an AT&T email client to avail mailing service, I must tell you that you have made a good choice. Born in 1876, AT&T brought a revolution in the communication world and came out to be the largest company by giving employment to more than a million people.
All these things make AT&T one of the best email service providers, however, this cannot be always true. Email services are never free from errors be it Gmail, Yahoo, or AT&T. Now and then, an error can surprise you especially when you least expect it. The same happens with AT&T which is known to work flawlessly but at times it can go down. If ATT email is not working, there is nothing to be worried about as everything can be fixed.
There can be a scenario where you want to send an urgent email but are not able to do so. You might be wondering what happened to your att.net email account, but the problem is not just with you and there are others as well facing the same issues.
No matter if att.net is email down or you are not able to log in, every error has a solution. This guide is going to help you out with all the issues that you are facing or might face with AT&T email service.
Detailed Troubleshooting for AT&T Email Issues
Here you will find a step-by-step solution for all the possible errors that you might face with AT&T:
Error-1 You Aren’t Able to Log in
Solution: This is one of the frequently faced AT&T email problems by users even in 2020. If you are facing login issues with AT&T, chances are you are not following the correct steps to log in to your ATT account.
To login to your AT&T account:
- Enter your username
- Type in the password
- And click on ‘Sign in’
Make sure you are entering the details correctly. Also, a strong network is required to access your account without any trouble and that’s how you can fix AT&T Yahoo email problems. You will also face issues while logging if your AT&T email account is hacked.
Error-2 AT&T not Working with Outlook
Solution: If you have set up your AT&T account with Outlook and are facing issues, check if you have entered correct incoming and outgoing mail server settings. If AT&T is not working properly with Outlook, you can:
- Run Outlook in safe mode
- Enter the correct configuration settings:
Incoming mail server: imap.mail.att.net
Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.att.net
Incoming mail server: inbound.att.net
Outgoing mail server: outbound.att.net
- Also, if you have installed antivirus, this can interfere with your email account. So you can try disabling it temporarily and then check if the error persists.
Error-3 Unable to Send or Receive Emails
Solution: If you are not able to send emails from your AT&T account, check if you are making the following mistakes:
- Make sure you are not crossing the maximum size limit of attachments.
- Entering the incorrect recipient email address can also result in a failed delivery.
- Make sure you haven’t blocked the recipient.
In case, you are not receiving any emails on your AT&T account, you can consider the following points:
- Try to login to your AT&T account on a different browser.
- If you have created any filters for your AT&T account, this can be one of the reasons you are not getting the emails in your inbox; delete all the filters and then ask the sender to send the email again.
- Also, clear the browser’s cache and cookies and then login again; you can also reset the browser if this doesn’t help.
This is how you can try fixing the issues in sending or receiving emails with AT&T.
Error-4 AT&T Website is Not Responding
Solution: This is one of the common problems with att email; it is important to check if att email is doing fine today and there is no issue with the servers before you start emailing. If you are getting no response from the website and are not able to login or do anything; there can be a problem with the server and the AT&T email service can be down. Under such a situation, you can only wait until the servers’ inactivity is fixed.
Error-5 AT&T not Working on iPhone
Solution: Using your AT&T account on the iPhone makes it easy to access the email services on the go. But there can be times when ATT email stops working on the iPhone. If your att email account is not working on the iPhone, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try:
- Check if your iPhone device is connected to a strong network.
- Remove your AT&T account and then re-add it again as follows:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ section of your iPhone and click on ‘Mail, Contact, and Calendar’.
- Tap ‘Add Account’ and then tap ‘Others’.
- After tapping on ‘Add mail account’, enter the required information.
- For the incoming mail server, select IMAP and enter the required details.
- Then choose SMTP as the outgoing mail server and enter the required information.
- Make sure to save all the changes and restart your device.
Error-6 AT&T not Working on Android
Solution: If your att email is not working and you’re getting errors on your android device, you need to set up the account correctly as follows:
- From the menu, open the email application and then tap ‘Add a new account’; further tap ‘Others’.
- Tap ‘Add account’ and on the next screen, enter the account details i.e. your AT&T email address and password and then click on ‘Login’.
- Under the Incoming mail server, enter the following details:
IMAP server: imap.mai.att.net
Security type: SSL
- Under the Outgoing mail server, enter the following details:
SMTP server: smtp.mail.att.net
Security type: SSL
- Also, enter:
Verification for sending email: yes
Password: your AT&T email password
That’s how you can fix AT&T email issues on Android devices.
Error-7 AT&T Password not Working
Solution: If you just realized that your at&t email password is not working, it either means that you have forgotten your password or someone else has changed it by hacking your account. Resetting your password can help as follows:
- Go to the ATT Login page and click on the option ‘Forgot password?’
- Next, you will be required to enter your User ID and last name.
- Next, you have to select out of ‘Temporary Password’ or ‘Security Questions’ and then follow the instructions.
- If you selected the temporary password option, enter the one that you received, and then you will be allowed to create a new password for your account.
In case you have also forgotten your User ID along with the password, here is what you need to do:
- Click on ‘Forgot ID’ on the AT&T login page.
- Then, you have to enter an email address where they can contact you.
- You may also be prompted to select how you want to receive your ID.
- Simply enter the User ID sent to you and using the above steps, you can simply reset your password.
This was the latest and updated information about AT&T for 2020 that you can consider fixing issues with your email account. For further support and guidance regarding your AT&T email account, you can visit the ATT Email Support Page.