Based in Australia, Telstra is an internet service provider that caters to the online entertainment and emailing needs of the customers. Among all the other services it offers, Australians have found the Bigpond email login extremely useful. If you are wondering where this is coming from, Bigpond got merged with Telstra in 2013. Since then, users have been facing a login issue with Bigpond as they are using Telstra webmail to sign in. Here you will get all the information you need regarding Bigpond and its login process.
How to Sign in to a Bigpond Email?
To sign in to your Bigpond email account, here’s what you need to do:
1. Start with navigating to the Bigpond email login page www.my.telstra.com.au on a web browser.
2. Enter the username of your Bigpond email account in the first blank
3. Then enter the password of your Bigpond email account
4. If you have a Telstra Account Executive, you will need to enter the Business ID
5. Finally, click on ‘Log in’
Steps To Create a New Bigpond Email Account
In case you want a new Bigpond email account, the steps would be a bit different:
1. On a web browser, go to https://id.telstra.com.au/register to register for a new Bigpond email account
2. Now, you have to enter the email address that you want to use to log in to your Telstra Bigpond webmail account.
3. Then enter a new password for your account and enter the same twice to confirm
4. On moving further, you will be required to enter certain personal details like first name, last name, date of birth, and your phone number to get the updates from Telstra.
5. Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
How to Login to a Bigpond Email Account Using a Third-Party Email Client?
In case, you want to access your Bigpond email account using other email programs such as Outlook, Mailbird, etc. Here are the important IMAP and SMTP settings you need to use for this purpose:
Bigpond.com (Telstra Mail) IMAP Server Settings
- IMAP Server: mail.bigpond.com
- IMAP port: 993
- IMAP security: SSL
- IMAP username: Your full email address
- IMAP password: Your Bigpond.com password
Bigpond.com (Telstra Mail) SMTP Server Settings
- SMTP Server: mail.bigpond.com
- SMTP Port: 465
- SMTP Security: SSL
- SMTP Username: Your full email address
- SMTP Password: Your Bigpond.com password
That’s how you can login to Bigpond webmail or email account.
Login Issues with Bigpond Webmail Account
Are you stuck while logging into your Bigpond webmail account? No need to worry as this can happen anytime for several reasons; here is what you need to do:
1. A strong internet connection is a must to access your Bigpond email account
2. Next, you need to ensure that you have entered the correct login details i.e username and password to access your Telstra webmail account.
3. Make sure to enter the correct email settings for the device you are using i.e. Android, iPhone or PC.
4. In case, you don’t remember the correct password of your Bigpond account, you can always reset it.
How to Reset the Forgotten Bigpond Email Password?
There are chances to forget your password sooner or later and if it is the case, you can recover the Bigpond password by resetting it as follows:
1. Go to the Telstra login page- https://signon.telstra.com.au/login?goto=http%3A%2F%2Femail.telstra.com%3A443%2F
2. Then, click on ‘Forgot’ option given next to password
3. Next, you will see a form where you will be required to enter your ‘username’ and ‘Business ID or account number’ only if you login with your Business ID.
4. Press ‘Continue’ and follow the prompts to reset the Bigpond email password. If you need any further help regarding your Telstra Bigpond email account, you can visit the official link-https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email