There has been a recent trend where registration on certain resources requires verification in the form of codes received on mobile phones as text messages. We will not now discuss the security of this type of verification or registration confirmation, but it is an effective method when it comes to financial or government institutions, social networks, or messengers, but it is questionable for other sources.
The reason for this is obvious when registering on sites that are not financial or do not handle sensitive information, this type of identity verification is more of a whim for resource owners, through which they gather a base of potential customers from numbers to be used later for advertising purposes.
In such cases, it is quite logical that you would not want to enter your number into such a database, but it is necessary to use this resource. A logical question arises as to how to create a virtual phone number for verification.
What is a Virtual Number for SMS
A virtual number is a temporary phone number that only works over the internet and doesn’t require a mobile phone, but connects remotely over the network. Just register with a special service, and in a few clicks, you can get a virtual number yourself. You can use this service on any device with Internet access.
You can have a virtual number with a city code or mobile operator in any country in the world, such numbers are virtually indistinguishable from ordinary phones with a SIM card.
Why do I need a VoIP number?
A virtual number can be used for the same purposes as a traditional phone number, i.e. for making calls and receiving text messages. Many factors affect the cost of a virtual number, ranging from the country of the service provider to the functions they offer.
To explain, here are three basic types of numbers:
- A temporary virtual phone number for receiving text messages. Used for registration in social networks, messengers, and other sources where you need to verify your phone number via SMS to register. This virtual number allows you to receive SMS with a verification code and register new accounts without having to buy a SIM card. The average price of these one-off numbers ranges from $0.05 to $0.2 each. SMS-man, for example, offers the possibility to purchase a temporary virtual number to receive SMS for just US$0.05.
- A leased (permanent) number for SMS. It is issued to the user for a specific time, for which a rental fee is paid. This service is more expensive than a single phone number service because you can receive an unlimited number of SMS.
- Virtual number for making and receiving calls. Widely used by online shops to facilitate communication with customers. For example, when you need to make a transaction in one city, and you are in a completely different city or country. You can easily connect to a foreign virtual number and make cheap calls.
For example, large companies connect entire virtual PBX with call distribution to specific departments, voice menus, call recording, and many other features.
Advantages of VoIP-numbers
- The cheapness of service. Registering a virtual number to social networking sites, messengers, and platforms, which require SMS confirmation, is much easier and cheaper than using a sim card.
- Ease of use. You do not need experience, nor do you need to buy expensive, specialized equipment to obtain and use a virtual number. All you require is any device with internet access.
- Unlimited possibilities. No need to be tied to a specific location, user, or gadget. You can use your virtual number from anywhere in the world where there is an Internet connection.
- Convenience for customers. You can conveniently separate your personal and work accounts simply by creating a new WhatsApp, Telegram, or Instagram account. If you want to separate your personal life from your work conversations, you no longer need to buy hundreds of SIM cards.
Everyone can choose the most suitable virtual number for themselves and save money and time significantly.
How to obtain a virtual mobile number for SMS
If you want to get a virtual cell phone number without much hassle and expense, here are the detailed instructions. With SMS-man you can easily get as many virtual numbers as you need. Do the following:
- Complete a simple registration at sms-man.com (at the same time you can familiarize yourself with all the services, of which there are many);
- To refill your account, go to the “Payment” page and select a convenient method;
- Next, you need to determine which telephone operator is the most convenient for you in the given country. To choose the country, go to the main page (the site presents about two hundred countries);
- Select the service you want to register for;
- Click on the “Buy” button next to the selected service to get the phone number. The purchased number will be immediately added to your account and is ready to use.
- If you want to read all of the SMS you receive, go to your SMS-man account. You will soon be sent a confirmation code, which you can view by clicking on the “Accept SMS” button to the right of the number.
Thus, you can receive virtual mobile numbers an unlimited number of times, just repeat all the steps as many times as you want.