Yahoo mails can be easily accessed even when you are outside and don’t have your laptop or computer with you. Do you know, how? Yahoo app for android is the answer. If you own an Android phone, you can simply use the in-built mail app or the app for Android to access the Yahoo mail account.
Yahoo Mail App for Android
Before you can use it, you need to Install Yahoo app from the Google Play Store as follows:
- Go to the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- In the search box, type Yahoo and press enter.
- Open the official Yahoo mail and press ‘Install’.
- The app will start installing and open once the installation is over.
Once you have installed the app, here’s how to set up your Yahoo account for android:
- Tap the Yahoo app installed on your phone to open it. You will see the following Sign-in screen. Tap ‘Sign in with Yahoo’ to start the setup.
- Enter the username, email address or mobile number associated with your Yahoo account and press ‘Next’.
- Next, enter the password and press ‘Next’.
- From there onwards, you can use your Yahoo account.
Android Mail App
You can even use the mail app provided by Android to access and use the Yahoo email account. Here’s how:
- Open the Mail app of your Android device.
- Tap ‘Yahoo’ from the available options.
- Enter the username and password associated to your Yahoo account and press ‘Sign In’. You will be logged into your Yahoo mail account.
- If you failed to log in, select the option ‘Manual Setup’ and you will be asked to enter the correct settings.
- Enter the required IMAP and POP settings for your account and the account set up will be complete.
Adding a Mailbox to Yahoo Mail App
You can even add other email accounts such as Google, Outlook, Yahoo or AOL account to Yahoo Mail App as follows:
- Open Yahoo Mail App and tap the profile icon shown at the top left corner of the screen.
- A side menu will appear giving you options available in the settings, tap ‘+ Add Another Mailbox’.
- Select Gmail, Outlook, AOL, or Yahoo, enter your email address and follow the instructions.
- After this, tap the ‘Profile’ icon to see your Yahoo account and the new mailbox below it.
Some of the Ways to Use Yahoo Mail App
Yahoo Mail App is really handy and can be used for several purposes. You can switch between different accounts and apart from this,
- You can swipe right to mark an email as unread.
- To delete or archive, swipe left the email.
- You can use the icons at the bottom of the email to filter your views between Unread, Advertisements, Starred, People, emails with attachments, etc.
- To compose a new email, tap the pencil icon at the top right corner.
- To send an email to trash, tap an email and tap ‘Trash’ or ‘Archive’ given at the bottom. You can even move the email, forward it or mark it as spam from the icons provided.