Having a number of email accounts can make it difficult to manage them all at once. But there is a way out for that too. Simply merge all your email accounts into Microsoft Outlook and get all your messages in one place. So if you own a Yahoo account, here you will learn how to setup Yahoo mail in Outlook.
Before getting started with the process, there is something you need to do to prepare your Yahoo account. Set up your Yahoo mail IMAP settings in a way that it connects to your Outlook account but this depends if you have enabled two-step verification for your Yahoo account or not.
Case-1 Two-Step Verification is enabled
If you have secured your Yahoo account with two-step verification, the next step is to generate a Yahoo mail app password.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select the option ‘Generate app passwords’.
- Select ‘Outlook Desktop’ in the ‘Select your App’ section and then click on ‘Generate’.
- Copy the code and press ‘Done’.
Case- 2 When there is no two-step verification
When you don’t have two-step verification enabled, set your Yahoo account to allow Outlook to access it as follows:
- Begin by signing into your Yahoo account.
- From the upper right corner of the page, click on your profile name and choose Account Info.
- Then click on ‘Account Security’ and turn on the option that says ‘Allow apps that use less secure sign’.
- From that time onwards, your Yahoo account will accept sign-ins from Outlook.
Now, your Yahoo account is ready, let’s learn how to set up Yahoo mail in Outlook.
Setup Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2016, 2019 and Office 365
To configure yahoo mail in outlook, you need to apply the following settings:
- Go to the File tab, click on Info and then select Add Account.
- Next, enter your Yahoo email address, and click on Connect.
- Enter the Yahoo account password or app password.
- Click on Connect and this will add your Yahoo Mail account to Outlook.
Setup Yahoo mail in Outlook 2013 and 2010
Here are the Yahoo mail settings for outlook 2013 and 2010:
- Click on the ‘File’ menu and then select Info.
- Click on ‘Add Account’ and then select ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ and press ‘Next’. For Outlook 2010, select ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’.
- Click on ‘POP or IMAP’ and then press ‘Next’. For Outlook 2010, select ‘Internet E-mail’ option.
- Now, in the ‘Server Information’ section, click on the ‘Account Type’ drop-down menu and then select ‘IMAP’.
- Next comes the ‘User Information’ section, enter your name and Yahoo email address.
- In the Server Information section,
- For Incoming mail server, enter imap.mail.yahoo.com.
- For Outgoing mail server (SMTP), enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- In the Login Information section, the ‘User Name’ text box has your user name from your Yahoo address. In the Password text box, enter the password or the app password that you have generated if you have enabled two-step verification.
- Click on the ‘More Settings’ option and then click on the Outgoing Server tab. Select ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ checkbox, then choose ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- For Incoming server (IMAP) as well as Outgoing server (SMTP), click on the ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection dropdown arrow’ and choose SSL.
- Select ‘Ok’ to go back to the POP and IMAP Settings window.
- Press ‘Next’ and if every setting will be correct, it will be completed successfully.
- Click Close and your Yahoo Mail account have been added to Outlook.
Setup Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2007
Yahoo mail settings for Outlook 2007 have been explained below:
- Click on the ‘Tools’ option and then select ‘Account Settings’.
- Go to the ‘Email’ tab and then click on ‘New’.
- Now, choose MS Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and then press ‘Next’.
- Now, select the ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ box and press ‘Next’.
- Next, select Internet E-mail and click on ‘Next’.
- Click on ‘Account Type’ dropdown menu and then select ‘IMAP’.
- Now, you need to enter the account details as follows:
- Your name: Name that appears in the messages you send.
- E-Mail Address: Yahoo email address.
- User Name: Yahoo ID.
- Password: Yahoo account sign-in password or app password if two-step verification has been enabled.
Once you are done, click on ‘More Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab, check ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ box and select ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
- Click on the ‘Advanced Tab’ and in the drop-down menu to ‘Use the following type of encrypted connection’, select SSL.
- For Incoming server (IMAP), enter 993 and for Outgoing server (SMTP), enter 465.
- Click ‘Ok’ to move back to ‘Internet E-mail Settings’.
12. Click ‘Next’ and then press ‘Finish’. This will add your Yahoo Mail account to Outlook 2007.
Setup Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2003
Yahoo mail outlook settings can be configured as explained here for Outlook 2003:
- Click on the ‘Tools’ option and then select ‘Email Accounts’.
- Then select ‘Add a new email account’ and then click on ‘Next’.
- Choose IMAP and then press ‘Next’.
- Enter account and Yahoo Mail server details.
- Your name: The name you want to appear in the messages you send.
- E-Mail Address: Your Yahoo Mail email address.
- User Name: Your Yahoo ID.
- Password: Either your Yahoo account sign-in password or your app password if your account is secured with two-step verification.
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): Enter imap.mail.yahoo.com.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Click on the ‘More Settings’ option.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab, check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox, then select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and select the checkbox ‘This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)’ for Incoming and Outgoing Server.
- For Incoming server (IMAP), enter 993
- For the Outgoing server (SMTP), enter 465.
- Press ‘Ok’ to go back to the Internet E-mail Settings (IMAP) settings window.
- Click ‘Next’ and then press ‘Finish’. Your Yahoo account will get connected to Outlook 2003.
This is how you can easily configure Yahoo outlook settings to access all your emails at one place.
Set up Two-Step Verification on Yahoo
Add Yahoo Mail Account on iPhone
Setup Yahoo Email on Android Phone
Fix issues with Yahoo Account Key
Enable Email Forwarding in Yahoo