Accessing Yahoo mails on your phone is quite convenient and you don’t have to log in to your laptop to check emails. If you are an iPhone user, the procedure to set up yahoo mail on iPhone may be slightly different. Also, you get three options to access the emails that I am going to explain in detail in this guide.
Option-1 Setting up a Yahoo Account in iPhone Mail App
Here are the steps to be followed to set up your Yahoo email account in the iPhone Mail app:
- Go to the ‘Settings’ corner of your iPhone.
- Proceed towards the ‘Passwords and Accounts’ section and then tap on ‘Add Account’.
- From the list, you see, tap ‘Yahoo’.
- Enter the username of your Yahoo email account and press ‘Next’.
- On the next screen, enter the password and tap ‘Sign In’.
- You will see a switch next to the ‘Mail’ option, toggle it to the ‘On’ position. You can even toggle the switches next to Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes to the ‘On’ position.
- Tap ‘Save’ and your Yahoo mail account will start syncing on iPhone.
This is how you can add Yahoo mail to your iPhone. But that’s not enough, you need to know how to access the mails which is explained further:
- Press the Mail icon shown on the home screen.
- Next, tap Yahoo to open your Yahoo Mail Inbox.
- Once you get a yahoo email, tap it to open and read.
- You can also use the icons at the bottom of each email to take actions like Flag, Move, Trash, Reply/Print/Forward, and Compose.
Option-2 Access Mails in the Official Yahoo Mail App
You can use the official app provided by Yahoo to access and send the emails. The app may have some features that you will not find in the built-in app for iPhone. You don’t have to do anything to check the emails. Simply enter the username and the password in the login screen and you will be able to read, organize, and send emails from your Yahoo inbox.
Option-3 Access Yahoo Mails in Safari
The next available option is to use the Safari web browser on your iPhone. Open the browser on your device and go to the official link of Yahoo. Thereafter, enter the username and the password to log into your Yahoo account and check the emails.
Yahoo Mail Server Settings
The options explained above don’t require making changes to the Yahoo mail settings for iPhone. The reason is you can directly access the account from the web. However, you may need to work with iPhone Yahoo mail settings to set up your account manually or if the above options didn’t work. If you are facing issues while sending emails or Yahoo emails are not downloading on your iPhone, you will be required to Access Yahoo Mail Using POP, SMTP and IMAP Settings as and when required.
Yahoo SMTP Server is not Working
Add Yahoo Email to Android Phone
Yahoo Mail not Working on Chrome
Restore Hacked Yahoo Account
Recover Deleted Yahoo Contacts