90% of the people Google every question that comes to their mind. Yes, that’s true and that’s what makes Google an integral part of our lives. We knowingly or unknowingly are connected to Google and its services, search engine being the most used out of the entire group.
So if you always find yourself Googling every question like Why I woke up early today? How to earn money online? Google needs to be your homepage. No matter what browser you use, a few clicks will let you set Google as your homepage. So the next time you will open your browser, Google will always be there to welcome you. Moreover, it will save you from the hassle of entering google.com every time you have something to search.
I know you have Googled ‘How do I make Google my homepage’ and that’s why you are reading this.
Setting Google as Homepage for Different Browsers
Google Chrome is the most commonly used these days and even I use the same. Also, with Google Chrome, you can simply enter the query in the address bar and press Enter. It automatically shows the result of the Google search engine. In case you want your browser and new tabs to open Google.com directly, you can do it as follows:
- Launch Google Chrome and click on the menu button (three vertical dots) given in the top right corner; click on ‘Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Appearance’ section from the column given on the left side.
- Turn on the toggle given next to the ‘Show home button’ and in the empty text field, type ‘www.google.com’ to make Google your homepage.
To set Google as homepage on Google Chrome on your Android device, follow the given steps:
- Open Google Chrome on your mobile device, press the three-vertical dots at the top and then tap ‘Settings’.
- Scroll downwards and tap ‘Homepage’.
- Turn the toggle on for ‘Homepage’ and tap ‘Open this Page’.
- Type in www.google.com and tap ‘Save’ to set it as homepage for Chrome.
Those who are still stuck to Mozilla as their default browser can follow the given steps to set Google as the homepage:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and click on the menu icon shown as three horizontal lines in the top-right corner and select ‘Options’ from the drop-down menu.
- From the left column, click on ‘Home’.
- Under the heading ‘Homepage and new windows’, click on the ‘Firefox Home (Default)’ drop-down menu and select ‘Custom URLs’.
- Type ‘www.google.com’ to set it as the homepage for the Mozilla Firefox browser.
Making Google homepage in Internet Explorer is just a matter of few steps as explained below:
- Launch Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon placed at the top-right corner and then click on ‘Internet Options’.
- Under the General tab and in the Home Page section, type www.google.com in the text field and click Ok to set Google as homepage for Internet Explorer.
To set Google as your homepage in Microsoft Edge, here are the steps that will help:
- Launch Microsoft Edge and click on the menu button given as three horizontal dots at the top-right corner and then click on Settings.
- Click on ‘On start-up’ from the options given in the left.
- Select the box for ‘Open a specific page or pages’ and then click on ‘Add a new page’.
- Enter www.google.com in the text field that appears and then click on ‘Add’.
- Close the browser and reopen it to check if Google has been set as your homepage.
Also read –