To use Facebook—the most popular social networking site, as most of you know, you need to go through a sign up for a Facebook account and then after performing a simple login process, you can have access to your own Facebook account.
However, sometimes accessing a Facebook account seems problematic and the situation requires you to make some changes in the configuration process, sign-in process, and login credentials of your existing account for which you normally receive links/codes for instance confirmation code, login codes, two-factor authentication codes, and password reset codes from Facebook to come out from such problematic situations.
But, despite having this facility that Facebook provides to its users, imagine yourself in a situation where you’re not able to receive such codes from Facebook on your email address or phone number that is associated with your Facebook account. What will happen? Of course, then you won’t be able to make any change to your Facebook account for the good and thus, find yourself in the same problematic situation where accessing your existing Facebook account seems impossible.
Therefore, with due respect to the aforementioned situation, we’ve decided to come out with this blog that contains a comprehensive guide about what ‘quick-fixes’ you can apply if you do not receive any of the above-said Facebook codes. So, apply the following given solutions as per the below-mentioned category you belong to:
Facebook Code Category 1: Facebook Confirmation Code Not Received!
As you know, first and foremost, in order to complete the sign-up procedure for a Facebook account, you receive a Facebook code in the form of ‘Confirmation Code/Link’ on your email address on which you just need to tap on and then, you’ll be redirected to Facebook. So, basically, this process is done to verify the authentication of your email address that you have used to create your Facebook account.
So, if your ‘Facebook security check confirmation code not working’ or you haven’t received the confirmation code from Facebook immediately after completing the sign-up process then, here’s what you can do to receive your confirmation code:
Solutions to Fix Confirmation Code on Email Not Received
Avoid User Error
Sometimes the simple user errors like the use of ‘www’ in an email address and typing the incorrect email address or the incorrect domain (for instance, using comcast.com instead of comcast.net) may be the cause of ‘Facebook confirmation code email not received’ and therefore, Facebook, in this case, provides a form for users like you to rectify your mistake. So, in order to fix this particular issue, enter the correct email address in the form and then, submit it to Facebook. And that’s it, once you submit the form to Facebook; it will resend you a code on the correct email address that you’ve provided in the form.
Check Mailbox Filters and Other Folders
In some rare cases, your internet service provider due to some security precautions may have blocked the Facebook confirmation email from receiving it on the desired folder. Therefore, it is suggested that, before looking out for advanced or alternate solutions, you must check the ‘Spam, Junk and Social’ folder of your email account to make sure that the Facebook confirmation email hasn’t been filed away to these folders without your knowledge.
Solutions to Fix Confirmation Code on Phone Number Not Received
Some users create their account with mobile number instead of using their email address so, in case, if you didn’t get a text with a Facebook confirmation code then these are the following fixes that you can try to receive your code on your Mobile number:
Verify Your Mobile Number
- Firstly, view the mobile number that you’ve entered during the sign-up process.
- If you realize that the number that you entered is the wrong number then, click on the option of ‘Wrong number?’
- Then, to add the correct number, enter the same in the required field and after that, just click on the ‘Add’ button.
Resend the SMS with the Code
- Once you’re done with entering the correct number, click on ‘Did you not get the SMS?’ option.
- Then, click on the ‘Send SMS Again’ option to let Facebook resend you the code.
Receive a Phone Call with the Code Instead of SMS
- If you still have not received the SMS on your Mobile number then, click on the option of ‘Did you not get the SMS?’
- After clicking on that, select the ‘Call’ option to receive a phone call with the code instead of SMS.
Use an Email Address Instead of Mobile Number
- Last but not least, if you still find yourself unable to receive a code then, click on the option of ‘Wrong Number?’
- Then, to receive the confirmation code on email instead of the phone number, enter your ‘Email Address’ which you have access to, and after that, just click on the ‘Add’ button to add the same email address to your Facebook account.
Facebook Code Category 2: Facebook Login Credentials Reset Code Not Received!
To let you reset the Facebook login credentials for instance Facebook account’s password, Facebook usually sends a ‘password reset code’ via email or text message on your registered email address or phone number as a mandatory security feature. But, sometimes you face ‘not receiving Facebook password reset code text’ issue so, in that scenario, try these solutions:
Use Your Facebook Account’s Trusted Contacts
- In order to use your trusted Facebook contact to recover your Facebook account, navigate to the ‘Facebook Password Recovery Page.’
- Then, select the ‘Trusted Contact’ option from the page in order to select one of your friends from Facebook to nominate him/her to receive the six-digit Facebook security code on your behalf.
- After that, retrieve the code from your friend and enter it wherever prompted to regain access to your Facebook account.
Answer your Security Question
- To start with this, navigate to the ‘Facebook Password recovery page.’
- There, choose ‘Security Question’ as your password recovery method from the available recovery options.
- Then, click on ‘I’ll answer my security question’ to answer the asked security question correctly in order to reach the ‘Password reset page.’
- After that, just set a new password for your account to access it thus, eliminating the need of receiving login credential reset code on your email address or phone number.
Facebook Code Category 3: Two-Factor Authentication Facebook Code For Login Not Received!
Indeed, the services offered by Facebook are the finest but despite this, there are chances that your account can be misused by a hacker therefore, Facebook has devised methods like two-factor authentication for offering complete privacy and security to prevent misuse of the account. Unfortunately, still, there are times when users reported an issue of ‘Facebook not sending login code.’ So, in order to fix ‘Facebook two-factor authentication code not received,’ try these solutions:
Use Your Trusted Device
- If you previously signed in from a trusted device and even checked the box that reads—“Don’t ask again on this computer” then, chances are you might be able to sign in from that device without completing any further verification step. However, after you sign in to your account, make sure to manage your verification methods like this 2FA.
- Other than this, using the same trusted device, go to “facebook.com/login/identify” and just follow the instructions like use your name, phone number, or email address to search for your account that you want to gain access to.
- Once you’re able to locate your account, follow the on-screen prompts to reset the password of your account to finally access your Facebook account without 2FA.
Use Facebook Messenger App
- Sometimes, Facebook may not have logged you out on the Messenger app so if you’re able to access your Messenger app then, there’s a chance that you could quickly turn off your 2FA settings before the system locks you out. So, in order to do this, open the Messenger app.
- Then, tap on the ‘Profile Photo’ of your Facebook account from the upper-left-hand corner of the screen in order to open the Messenger’s menu.
- After that, simply scroll down to the ‘Account Settings’ option and further, tap on the ‘Security and login’ option.
- Under it, click on the ‘Two-factor authentication’ option and then on the ‘Turn off Two-factor authentication’ to finally turn it off.
Fill out the Security Checks Preventing Login Form on Facebook Help Center
- This new form on Facebook’s Help Center is available just to help users get access to their accounts after a failed 2FA check. So, simply use this link “https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?” to fill out the ‘Login Form for Security Checks Preventing’ in order to access your account without receiving 2FA code on mobile.
Facebook Code Category 4: Security Code for Facebook Account Verification Not Received!
Though, it is not uncommon to temporarily lose access to your Facebook account; but, luckily Facebook offers a lot of ways through which you can recover your Facebook account. For instance, you can recover your account simply by confirming your identity or verifying your account through a ‘Security Code’ that Facebook sent to your email address or mobile phone. However, unfortunately, if the security code email from Facebook never landed in your email ID or Phone number then, to recover your account try these solutions:
Enter a New Email to Let Facebook Contact You
If you haven’t received a security code on your phone number then, do not panic! Facebook further gives you a chance to receive a security code by allowing you to provide an alternate email address through which Facebook can contact you. So, here’s how you can get Facebook verification code without phone number:
- Open your web browser and visit the ‘ Facebook Sign-up Page.’
- On the page, click on the link of ‘Forgotten Account?’
- This will direct you to the ‘Facebook Password Recovery Page.’
- There, click on the link of ‘No longer have access to these?’
- Then, you’ll be asked to provide a new email address or phone number and that’s it.
- Enter the alternate email address or phone number as per your choice in the required fields in order to allow Facebook to send you a security code on the same for helping you in recovering your Facebook account.
- If none of the above-mentioned solutions work then, your last option left is to email the ‘Support Team of Facebook’ and you can contact them via “[email protected]” to explain your problem in detail for getting assistance from them.
That’s all! This is the end of a comprehensive guide that will help you in situations when you face trouble in accessing your Facebook account due to not receiving any of the above-discussed Facebook codes. We hope this piece of content will act as a savior in such difficult situations for all Facebook users.
What Happens if you are in Facebook Jail?
How to Delete Facebook Account?
Recover Disabled Facebook Ad Account
How to Know Who Viewed My Facebook Profile?
How to Change or Manage Facebook Privacy Settings?