Facebook privacy is a major concern for every user of this social media platform. This platform has never been particularly good at prioritizing your privacy. But after the “Facebook Cambridge Analytical Scandal”: the biggest data breach, Facebook provides a robust set of tools to manage and control the privacy of users on this platform as well as on the web.
Even with the new Facebook privacy changes, the reports related to privacy drop regularly. As a result, it becomes a mess for users to manage the privacy of their accounts on this platform. Many users have reported that Facebook privacy settings are not easy to handle, nor it provides the level of protection they want or require.
If you are worried that Facebook is gathering too much of your personal information and want to manage your account security, this post is for you. Here in this blog, we will guide you on “how to change or manage the privacy settings on Facebook”.
Give a look On Facebook Privacy Settings
- Go to Your Facebook Profile
- Open the See “What Other People See on Your Profile” option
- Facebook allows you to view as a visitor, this feature gives an overview of your profile from a stranger’s perspective. To do so, go to the lock image at the right upper corner of the Facebook profile. Now hit on “Who can see my stuff”
Change Privacy Settings on Older Posts
Adjusting the privacy settings on your older Facebook posts is an easy task. To modify the settings follow underneath steps.
- To change the privacy settings on older posts, go to the Facebook profile page, now open the settings and move to privacy.
- Now you will be able to view the “Limit Past Posts” tap on it.
- This will change the privacy of older posts.
Protect Privacy on Facebook
There are few DIY tips given underneath, they can help you improve Facebook security settings and protect your information on the biggest social media platform.
Important Facebook security settings:
Remove All Your Personal information
In order to protect your information from the Facebook account, you need to remove all your personal data such as phone numbers, birthdays, and more. This is the first major step to protect your privacy. To remove the information from the account follows the underneath steps.
From the Browser
- Open the account and go to the profile by clicking the photo.
- From the profile go to the “About” section
- Now remove the information which you don’t want to keep on the profile, by clicking on Options or edit links. However, the Birth date and Gender details can be modified but can be deleted.
From the Mobile device
- Open the account on mobile application and go to the News Feed option.
- Now tap the image icon
- Go to the profile and tap “Edit Public Details,” now go to the below section of the screen and tap on the “Edit Your about Info” option.
Limit the Data Facebook Partners Gather
Subscribing to websites like Yelp, Triplet and more those sites using Facebook gives them access to your data such as photo, name and other details. However, you can limit the data by using the password manager or browsing Facebook settings.
Manage Who Sees Your Posts and Personal data
Facebook is a public platform, everyone can see or view your information. But you can manage or control who can see and who cannot by modifying the privacy settings on Facebook. To control your sharing post, follow the underneath steps.
From the Web Browser
- Open the Facebook profile page, go to the settings and chose the “Privacy” option.
- Under the “Your Activity” section, discover “Who can see your future posts?” and hit the “Edit” option
- Now from the drop-down menu to pick who can see your posts: there will be three options given such as Public, Friends, Friend except and custom or only you.
You can change the settings for a particular post while creating or posting it.
From the Mobile Application
- Open the Facebook profile and go to the “Settings & Privacy” option and then “Privacy Shortcuts” from there chose “See more privacy settings”
- From the “Your Activity” section, you can pick “Who can see your future posts,” “restrict who can see your past posts,” and “Who can see the people, Pages, and friends list on your Facebook profile.
Above given safety tips are the standard measure that are helpful in protecting yourself on Facebook.
Why is Facebook slow today?
Why Can’t I log in to My Facebook Account?
Recover My hacked FB Account?
How do I download Facebook videos?
How do I fix Facebook Messenger Problems?