Hacking incidents are ever-increasing and it is something to be worried about. The email accounts you have are always at risk of getting hacked if not secured properly. Hackers are always on the hunt for email accounts that are not well secured and can be easily accessed illegally. And if your email account carries some sensitive information like your bank details, etc; you must be concerned.
If the same has happened with your AT&T account and you know it has been hacked or is about to be hacked; this guide is just for you. Hacking is one of the major AT&T email problems of 2020; you never know if you are on the radar of hackers.
Here I have discussed all the possible methods to get back into a hacked AT&T email account.
Symptoms of a Hacked AT&T Account
AT&T login process is quite easy and if you are unable to login, chances are you have been hacked. How to be sure if your account has been hacked or it was you that has made the changes and have forgotten about it later?
It is really simple and you just need to check for the following points:
- If your att.net email is not working i.e. you aren’t able to log in.
- You have entered the correct username and password still you are not allowed access to your account.
- There are some new emails in your account that have already been read.
- Some of the emails are missing from your email account and you are not the one who deleted them.
- The AT&T email account’s recovery information such as alternative email address and phone number has been changed.
- There are some other changes in the information or email settings of the AT&T account.
So if you see the above changes with your email account, you can easily realize what happened to your att.net email account and start taking actions immediately.
Also, before beginning with the troubleshooting make sure to check the AT&T email problems today as if you are not able to log in, it can happen due to server issues.
Scenario-1 You Cannot Access your AT&T Account
If your AT&T account has been hacked and the password has been changed, you can easily recover it by resetting the password as follows:
- In a browser, go to att.com/myatt and click on ‘Forgot Password?’
- Next, enter your User ID and Last Name and click on ‘Continue’.
- Out of the available options choose security questions or a temporary password.
- If you selected the second option, you will receive it on your alternative email address or phone number.
- Now, you can simply create a new password for your AT&T account.
Scenario-2 You Can Access Your AT&T Account
What will you do if you know that your att.net email account is hacked? Anytime if you sense any suspicious activity on your account, quickly change your password with the help of given instructions:
- Navigate to www.att.net email and log in to your AT&T account and go to ‘Sign-in Info’.
- Click on ‘Change Password’ and simply enter a new password; make sure to save the changes.
Tips to Prevent AT&T Email Account from Getting Hacked
If you want to save your AT&T email account from future hacking attempts, consider the following points:
- Change or Update your password often and make sure to keep a unique password.
- Follow the guidelines provided by AT&T to create a strong password.
- Make sure to assign a wireless number to your AT&T ID so that it becomes easy to reset your password as you will simply get a temporary password via text.
- If you have created a new AT&T email, make sure to add the recovery information the same day to minimize the chances of hacking.
You can also visit the official AT&T email support if you need any more help regarding the email client.