Losing access to your Facebook account is a nerve-racking incident. The range of possible causes goes from common issues to serious concerns. So, if you are the one who cannot log in to your Facebook account, we have a fully-fledged guide for you.
Steps to Login to Facebook Account
Before looking at the causes for a failed login attempt, check if you are doing it the right way.
- Go to Facebook.com- Using your web browser, go to Facebook’s home page and you will see the welcome screen as in the picture below.
- Enter the Email Address- In the upper-right corner of the screen, there is field to enter your email or phone you have created your account with. If you don’t have an account, you can simply create a FB account with your phone number or email address.
- Enter the Password- Next, enter the password to log into your Facebook account in the field next to email address.
- Log In- Once you are done filling the login details, the last step is click on ‘Log In’.
Causes for Failed Facebook Login Attempt
If you are
wondering why can’t I log into Facebook? Possible causes of Facebook
Login issues are here:
jumping straight to the solution for Facebook login problems, it is
necessary to understand the causes behind why can’t you log into Facebook. For
this go through the points given below and check which one is causing trouble
Forgotten password: If you are getting an “incorrect password” message, it means either you have forgotten the password or you are typing it wrong.
Wrong email address: The wrong or incorrect password can
keep you from accessing your account even after several login attempts. It is
not always about password sometimes, incorrect email address can cause the
“unable to login to Facebook” issue. So, take help from “recover your account”.
Cache, cookies, and history: The accumulated cache, cookies, and
footprints can cause login issues and hence needed to be deleted at regular
Caps-lock: Facebook password field is case
sensitive. If the caps-lock is on, there are chances that you face issue while
logging in, Hence one make sure that the caps-lock is off while typing the
Browser issues: If your browser is undergoing an error, the temporary login issues are very common. So, one must fix the browser error to resolve the login issue.
Hacked Facebook account: If someone has hacked your Facebook account, you cannot log in to your Facebook account. Hence you first need to restore your account and then login.
Disabled Facebook account: In case your Facebook account is locked or disabled, you will face the log in issue for sure.
Malware or virus: If there is malware or virus on your device, it can create issues and an FB login error is one of them.
Make sure that Facebook is not down: If Facebook is down for everyone, then neither you nor anyone can log in. You can either use a third party website to check or use more than one account to check whether you can log in again.
The solution to “Trouble logging into Facebook” is here:
- Make sure you are typing the correct username and password. Otherwise, you can recover the forgotten username and password very easily from the Facebook login page itself. For this follow the steps given here:
- First, go the Facebook login page
- Click on “forgotten account”
- Now type a phone number or email address in the respective field.
- Facebook will ask you to provide the email address or phone number for the same. Next, you will be asked to choose the recovery methods and after this, you need to verify your identity by typing the verification code you receive on your email address or phone
- Remove every
stored information such as cookies, cache, and history from your device browser
and check it can help.
- Phishing is
consistently growing over the web. This technique can steal your password and
other information. It is the same thing that is used to hack your Facebook
account, so make sure you are using the right measures to secure your account
from the cyberpunks. To secure your account from phishing, make sure you don’t
click on everything you see on Facebook. Check the security status of the
website before opening it.
- If your system is affected by Malware, Facebook will not let you log in. in such cases, here is what you can do:
- Run an antivirus and make sure your system is free from any sort of malware and virus.
- Make sure Facebook is added to the trusted sites so that it doesn’t prevent you from accessing it.
If Facebook detects malware you will get a message that your account has been temporarily locked. You are instructed to continue with the account unlock process.
These are the common ways to fix that “unable to login to Facebook”, but if things are not in your hands anymore, contact Facebook officials or get help from FB help forums.
How to Go Live on Facebook?
How to Know Who Viewed My Facebook Profile?
Facebook Ad Account is Disabled, How to Recover?
What Happens if you are in Facebook Jail?
Facebook Messenger is not working, How to fix it?