Facebook users must keep security on the first place, because due to high number of users, hackers attack FB more often. So, to prevent your account from unauthorized access, you must keep changing your FB password. This way tracking your password would become difficult, and the chances of hacking would reduce.
Such small things can make huge changes. So, here the ways how you can easily change the password and boost the security dose for your FB account.
Steps to Change Facebook Password
- Login to your Facebook account from any browser.
- Now, click on arrow heading downwards and open the drop-down menu
- From the menu, select Settings and click it to open the account settings page
- Search for “login” option, click “Change password” and then Edit
- Provide the current password and then create a new password. Re-enter the same password twice.
- Click Save and confirm the password
Change Password on Mobile App:
To Change Facebook password on your mobile app, you need to perform the steps in same order as given below:
- First, open the Facebook app, and then click on the three horizontal lines.
- Select “settings and privacy” and then again click “settings”
- On the next screen, go to “Security>>Security and login”
- From the next screen, select “Change password” under “Login”.
- Next, you need to type the current password as well the new password you want to keep.
- Click “Save changes” to apply the changes
- Password is now changed
- Setting a longer password can help you maintain the security of your account.
Apart from changing your password, there are various other security measures that you surely should not miss, for keeping your FB account away from the hands of intruders.
- Secure your password:
- Do not use your FB password for another web-platform
- Sharing your password is a big NO! it’s quite a personal matter
- Keep an uncommon password, not the password that has very common words such as your name and DOB.
- Logout whenever you access your FB account from the public computer
- Do not download anything from FB till you are not sure of the safety.
- Add extra security with two-factor authentication:
The TFA technique is a very effective way to build an extra layer of protection on your FB account. With this feature, you will receive a code on your mobile whenever you try to log in your account using the website. To enable TFA, you need to access the “security and login” section, and open “Two-factor authentication” just below the “change password” menu.
The TFA code only pops-up on your mobile device when your login session expires. Or you log in from a different device or location. You don’t need to provide the code if you are already login on using app.
Want more security for your Facebook account? You must read about security features offered by Facebook Official https://getassist.net/contact-facebook-help-center/