Discord emerged as one of the top VoIP, instant chat, and digital distribution platforms with more than 300 million registered users.
Discord is excellent for multitasking because it is mostly used for gaming and music listening. At the same time, you can listen to music, play games, and chat with your friends.
You must be aware of Discord’s ability to play music if you have been a consistent user. You are missing out on a lot of fun and enjoyment if you haven’t been able to.
So, if you want full-fledged information regarding how to play music on Discord and what all you need to do, navigate through the table of contents and get your hands on step-by-step instructions regarding how to play music on Discord on different devices.
Read More: 5 Ways to Find Someone’s IP Address on Discord
Top 10 Working Discord Music Bots in 2023
To play music on Discord, music bots play an important role. Moreover, there are several discord music bots to choose from and even there are some that have stopped existing.
Keeping all this confusion in mind, here are the top music bots that still work and you can use for Discord in 2023:
- Chip Bot
Continue reading to get all your questions answered if you’re not sure what a Discord music bot is or how it can assist you in playing music on Discord.
Read More: Easy Guide on “How To Restart Discord”
How To Add Music Bot To Discord?
One way of playing music on Discord is with the help of a bot. There are several bots that can be used for that matter out of which Fredboat discord bot, Groovy bot discord, etc., are some of the most popular ones.
You will simply need to add a Discord bot to your server to play music. Here is how you can do that on different devices.
Steps to Add Bots to Discord Server in 2023
Here is how you can add a bot on the Discord server using any of your desktop devices:
- Start with logging into your Discord account
- In a new tab, go to top.gg website.
- There you will see a lot of bots and servers for Discord; you can search from the top bots or manually enter the name of the bot you want to add.
- For instance, if you want to add ‘Jockie Music bot’, type in the name press enter; click on the ‘Invite’ button for the Jockie Music bot in the search results.
- You will be directed to a new tab where you will have to give access to the bot to your Discord account. Simply select the server to which you want to add the bot to.
- Then click on ‘Continue’
- Click on ‘Authorise’ to give Jockie Music access to your Discord account.
- Clear the captcha verification; click on ‘I am human’.
- Now, if you go back to your server in Discord, you will see the bot has been added; it will show up on the right side of the screen under ‘Online’.
Once you have added the desired bot, it is time to play music on Discord.
Note- For every bot, you need to use different commands to make it play a track. You will get all the commands in the general server once you are done adding the bot.
Steps to Play Music on Discord
To play music on Discord, you only need to add a music bot such as Rhythm, Groovy, Fredboat, or Hydra to your Discord server. After that, connect to the voice channel of your server.
After that, according to the music bot that you have added, you have to give commands to play, pause or stop music in Discord. As I have added the Jockie Music bot, I will show you how to use it to play music on Discord:
- Firstly, join the voice channel by clicking on its name under the ‘Voice Channels’ section.
- You will see the confirmation message ‘Voice connected’ at the bottom left side of the screen.
- After that, enter the command for the bot, here are the basic commands for this bot:
m!play – Play a track by link or search term
m!skip – Skip the current track
m!leave – Make the bot leave the voice channel
m!pause – Pause the track
- Likewise, you can experiment with giving the bot different commands to see how it responds. The bot will automatically execute each command you give it one at a time, so you can even give it multiple commands at once.
Steps to Add Bots to Discord Server in 2023
Want to play music on Discord on your Android device? Here is how you add any popular bot to play music on Discord on any Android mobile device:
- On a browser on your mobile device, go to top.gg website.
- Tap on #music to find bots that you can use to play music.
- Tap ‘Invite’ for the music bot you want to add.
- You will be directed to Discord’s official website, simply login to your account.
- Then you will be required to select a server to which you want to add the music bot.
- After selecting the server, tap ‘Continue’.
- Next, you need to grant some permissions to the music bot you have selected, and then scroll down to the bottom, and tap ‘Authorise’.
- Complete the Captcha verification and this will add the music bot to your Discord server.
Steps to Play Music on Discord on Android
As I have added the Hydra bot, I will show you how to use it to play music on Discord:
- After adding the music bot, open the Discord app.
- Join the voice channel of the server to which you have added the bot previously by clicking on its name (General) under the ‘Voice Channels’ section.
- Tap ‘Join Voice’
- Once you see the ‘voice connected’ message, go to text channel of your Discord server (#general) where you will see the commands you need to operate the music bot that you have added.
- After that, enter the command for the bot, here are the basic commands for the Hydra bot:
.play – Play a track by link or search term
.pause – pause the current track
.playlist – plays your saved default playlist
.search – searches and lets you choose a song
H3- On iPhone
Steps to Add Bots to Discord Server in 2023 on iPhone
To play music on Discord on your iPhone device, you can consider using the MEE6 bot that could be one of the best bots out there for iOS users. Here is how you can add it to your Discord server to play music on your iPhone:
- Let MEE6 access your Discord account by tapping ‘Authorize’.
- Select your Discord server and tap ‘Setup’
- Tap ‘Continue’ if again asked to give access to the bot.
- Grant the required permissions and tap ‘Authorize’.
- Clear the Captcha verification and the MEE6 bot will be added to your Discord server.
Steps to Play Music on Discord on iPhone
As I have added the MEE6 bot, I will show you how to use it to play music on Discord:
- Open the Discord app and launch the server to which you have added the music bot.
- Join the voice channel
- Type “!search” and enter a song or artist. The MEE6 bot will list the results.
- Enter the number of the song from the results to add it to your playlist.
- Type !play to start playing music on Discord.
How to Play Music on Discord with Spotify?
Discord lets you play and enjoy music even without using a bot, and that is when you connect your account to Spotify. To link your Spotify account to your Discord, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Log in to your Discord account and click on the ‘User Settings’ option, i.e. gear icon.
- Click on ‘Connections’ and look for the ‘Spotify’ icon under the ‘Connect your Accounts’ tab.
- Click on the Spotify icon and this will direct you to their login page; enter your Spotify login details and tap ‘Login’.
- Once it is done, you will see your Discord account linked to Spotify as shown in the image below.
Once you have linked Spotify to Discord, follow the next few steps to play music on Discord without using a bot:
- Open your Spotify account and play any song.
- Go back to your Discord account and, in your current server, click on the plus icon given in the message box.
- Then, click on ‘Invite #general to Listen to Spotify’
- Then, you will see an invitation message, click on ‘Send Invite’, and after this everyone else on your server will be able to listen to the same song you are listening to.
Alternatively, you can copy the link of a Spotify playlist and paste it in the Discord server text box to play it.
Note- Only the Desktop app users of Discord can avail this option of listening to music on Spotify. So, if you are not able to use this feature, make sure to install Discord’s desktop app.
How to Play Music on Discord Through Mic?
Playing audio through a connected mic is an alternative to using a bot or signing up for Spotify. The audio quality will be less impressive using this option (depending on your equipment).
Ensure that your computer has the default input microphone configured. Then, select Voice & Video from Settings on Discord and select the proper input and output device.
Although the sound quality won’t be the best, if you only need to play a few tracks or other recorded audio, this option may be your best bet.
You can play music on Discord by following the above instructions. Keep in mind that using a bot or connecting Spotify will result in higher-quality audio than simply playing it through a microphone.
It’s evident that setting up music on Discord only requires a few clicks. You can quickly add your music to your Discord sessions with the help of this blog post.
Read More: A Thorough Guide for Text Formatting on Discord: Colors, Bold, Strikethrough, and More