Facebook has slowly become an integral part of netizens’ life. Apart from connecting with your friends and acquaintances, it lets you promote your business and brands through Facebook pages. So, practically, it is impossible for some of us to stop scrolling through Facebook’s news feed. But what if you realize your favorite time killer is not working. I know it can be quite nerve-wracking to face issues like Facebook not responding, unable to login to FB account, the Facebook feed not loading or nothing is working at all.
So if you can’t connect to Facebook, no need to fret anymore and consider the solutions I have talked about further in this guide. I will take you through all the causes for facing the glitch and how to fix it; so it is going to be a comprehensive guide, make sure to read it till the end.
Let’s make Facebook work.
1. Ensure that the Facebook app is completely updated if it is not working on Android; you can check if the latest version is available in the app store of your device. The updates are released to offer better security and bug fixes. Moreover, if you don’t update the app for long, you may feel the app starts behaving abnormally or eventually stops functioning at all. If you are still facing the same issue, you can uninstall the app from your phone, reinstall it, and then log in to your Facebook account again. You can also turn on the automatic updates to ensure that you are always using the latest version.
2. Ensure that the internet is working completely fine and the device you are using to access Facebook is getting the required signal strength.
Solutions to Try If Facebook is Not Working
Now if the steps didn’t solve the problem, you can give these solutions a try:
1. Is Facebook Down?
The first thing to check is if Facebook is down for maintenance. This will let you know that it is just you who can’t connect to Facebook or every user out there is facing the same problem. When Facebook servers are down, you won’t be able to perform any activity on the social media platform for the time being the outage is there. For this, you can visit the downdetector website to check if Facebook is facing any problems today. Also, Facebook apps won’t load properly when the server is down.
2. Update or Change the Browser
If you are using a web browser to execute all your activities on Facebook, make sure to update it otherwise it may start creating issues. Also, clear the caches and cookies from time to time to maintain the efficiency of your browser; if that doesn’t help, try using a different browser.
3. Disable the Third-party Apps
Third-party applications or plug-ins can also get you in trouble and can be one of the reasons Facebook is not loading. You can try disabling or removing them from your device and see if Facebook is up and running. Third-party applications can interfere in the proper functioning of other apps, hence whenever an issue arises with Facebook, disabling them may work.
4. Are you in Facebook Jail?
If you are not able to post, like/comment, and send messages on FB, chances are you are in Facebook Jail. It is a type of punishment by Facebook that stops people from spamming on the platform. If you over-indulge in posting, liking, or commenting on Facebook, this can get you banned for some time. There is nothing you need to do to get out of Facebook Jail, the ban gets removed automatically after some time.
5. Disabled Facebook Account
This is another scenario where you will find that Facebook is not working for you or you are not able to access your account. Violating Facebook’s Policies can get your Facebook account disabled temporarily or permanently. You can send an appeal to FB to recover your account and it depends on the severity of the violation if you will be able to get it back or not.
So these were some instances where you may find Facebook isn’t working or you can’t open your account. You can always switch between the Facebook app or browser version whenever any of these is not working. Getting connected to a stronger internet and making sure you are entering the correct credentials can also get you back to normal Facebooking.
Facebook Ad Account is Disabled, How to Recover?
Check Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile
How to Change Facebook Password?
Recover Forgotten Facebook Password?
How to Deactivate Facebook Account?