In this digital world where everything is online, businesses are also being promoted through social websites. The Facebook business page offers a great way to promote your product, brand or business. There are billions of users who stay active on Facebook for most of the time and get information about their products and services from there only. So this can be one of the most effective ways to take your product or service to the masses without spending much on advertising.
If you are not much aware of the ‘Facebook Business Page’ feature, this is how you can create a Facebook business page and let it make the rounds.
- Signing Up
- Then you will be given two options to choose from.
First is ‘Business or Brand’ where you can promote your product, service or brand to expand your customer base.
The other one is ‘Community or Public Figure’ where you can connect with more people in your community, organisation, team etc.
So as the choice is clear click on ‘Get Started’ for the first option i.e. Business or brand.
Doing so will mark your acceptance of Facebook’s terms and conditions for Business Pages, so make sure you have read them properly before proceeding.
- After clicking on ‘Get Started’, you will need to enter further details about your page such as ‘page name’ and ‘category’.
- Just after entering the category, you will have to enter the address and phone number for your business and click on ‘Continue’.
- The next step is to upload profile pic for your business page. The profile picture will be the first impression of your business page, so make sure it leaves a mark on the audience. The photo must represent your brand or must be absolutely relatable to your business.
The profile picture will accompany your business name in the Facebook search results. It will also be shown on the top left of your Facebook page. If you are promoting a brand, you can use the logo or if it is a local business, something that will give an overview of your business will work.
Once you are done with selecting a good picture, click on ‘Upload a Profile Picture’.
- Now, you will have to upload the cover image for your business page. It will represent the core theme of your business and its overall personality. Once you are done selecting the image, click on ‘Upload a Cover Photo’.
Voila! Your page has been created. A brief synopsis of the page will provide you with what features you are going to get to promote your page. Clicking on the prompts will also help you. There is much more to do before you start sharing your page. Adding Description
Show the world what you are going to offer them. Tell people about your business in just 1-2 sentences.
Click on ‘About’ from the left column and then click on ‘Edit About’. You will see a dialog box saying ‘Describe Your Page’ where you have to add the description and click on ‘Save’.Creating Username
The next step is to tell people how they can find your page on Facebook. So you need to create a username for your page that is also known as vanity URL. It can be only up to 50 characters long and make sure it is easy to remember. You can use your business name or a slight variation of it. To create username:
Filling the About Section
- From the ‘About’ section, select the option ‘Create Page Username’.
- Enter the name you want to use for your Business Page that will be used by people to connect with you on Facebook. Once done, click on ‘Create Username’ and press ‘Ok’.
This you can do later as well but it is important to fill out all the fields of ‘About’ section of the page so that the customers can easily obtain information about you. Customers look for various details to determine whether to take your services or not, so if they will not be satisfied with the information provided on your page, they will look for other options.
In the ‘About’ section, you can add your business details, start date, phone number, email address and website.
On the left side, you will see an option ‘Edit page info’, clicking on that will allow you to set the location of your business as well the opening hours. Once you are done entering the entire location and other details of your business, click ‘Save Changes’.Start Posting
Before you start inviting people to your business Facebook page, you must have something to showcase or engage them. A no-post page will not make a good impression, hence create one or two posts beforehand. It would be better if you create your own post, or you can also post an event or a product offer. Click on ‘Create’ from the top and in the dialog box that appears, you will be able to post text, photos or videos. Click on ‘Share Now’ once you are ready with your first post.Start Inviting and Engaging
Start by inviting your family and friends to like the page. You can use your other social accounts and website to promote your page. Ask your customers to review your product or service on Facebook and you can also use ‘follow us’ logo on your promotional materials.
How to Get the Best Out Of Your Facebook Business Page?
By this time your business page must have been ready, the next important question arises is “How to use Facebook page for business”? It is the time when you have to focus on optimizing your page, maximizing engagement and meeting Facebook marketing goals. Here are the steps you must undertake to improve your page’s performance:
- You must encourage visitors to contact you and engage with your business in real life. This can be done using the Facebook’s built-in CTA (call to action) button.
- To do this, click on the option ‘+ Add a Button’ given in the right corner of the screen and you will be presented with several options as shown below.
If there is something on your page that you don’t want the visitors to miss, you can pin it to top. A pinned post is shown at the top of your Facebook page so that it is able to grab most of the attention.
- Choose the button you want to add, add the specific message to appear with and once done, press ‘Next’.
- Depending on the option you have selected, you may be required to answer some more questions. Once you have entered the entire information, press ‘Finish’.
To do this, go to the post and click on the three-dots given at the top right of the post and click ‘Pin to top of page’.You can also like other pages to build a community for your business. Like the pages that are relevant to your business except those of your competitors.Next, you can review your page’s settings to know where the page is visible, visitor posts and edit other related sections. Click on the ‘Settings’ option at the top right of the Facebook page and make the required changes. It is also important to keep the settings updated as and when your business flourishes.Always keep a check on the Facebook insights so that you can know about what is the overall performance of your page, and you can also check data on audience engagement. Always stay informed about how many people you are reaching and comments & likes received on your posts. You must focus on creating backlinks that help in boosting the credibility of your Business Page and will also add to search engine ranking. Add a link of your page wherever you can mention about your business.You can get your business page verified so that visitors will know that you are reliable and they can directly deal with you.
Facebook Business Page Tips to Get Get More Engagement
- The cover pic must be impressive enough and represent what you do.
- The profile picture must also epitomize what sort of services the customers can expect.
- Post images that must be compelling enough.
- Appeal visitors by posting informative videos.
- Insert social media buttons to your blog and website.
- Select the right advertising tool to promote your business.
- If you need Facebook help regarding the Facebook business page, you can subscribe to Facebook’s official blog.
If you want to create a business Facebook page and don’t have a personal account, no worries, you can directly set up a Facebook business account and create a page using the same. However, if you already have a personal Facebook account, you cannot create a separate account as Facebook doesn’t allow creating multiple accounts.
As per Facebook’s policy, you can have only one account. If you want to promote your business, instead of creating a separate account, you are allowed to create a business page. Also, you can manage multiple pages using the same Facebook account.
A Facebook business page costs nothing and can be created for free anytime using your profile. Instead of using your personal Facebook account to promote your business, you can create a business page using it and promote your business or product by posting updates, photos, and videos. You can create and manage as many pages for free through a single account.
There are different ways through which you can promote your Facebook page without spending a penny.
- Use your other social networks
- Create a Facebook Ad for your product
- Share engaging content
- Add a Follow option on your website
- Endorse your page offline
- Use your existing followers to increase engagement
To separate your Facebook business profile from your personal account, you need to create a business and ad account. Go to business.facebook.com and create an account. Business Manager allows advertiser on Facebook who handles multiple pages and ad accounts. This way you can also keep your business separate from your personal Facebook account.
Facebook Messenger Guide for Business
Recover Deleted Facebook Pages
Facebook Business Help and Support
How to Advertise on Facebook?
How do I fix Facebook Messenger Problems?