Yahoo is one of the largely used email services in the world and it can be easily predicted by its huge user base.
As of 2020, Yahoo has 225 million users and this clearly explains its popularity.
But that doesn’t make Yahoo glitch-free and in this guide, we will talk about one such error commonly faced by Yahoo users. there are times when Yahoo mail won’t open attachments owing to several reasons.
Yahoo offers the ability to receive, download, and open email attachments and that is a very important feature you can’t ignore. Every day you receive a lot of important documents in the form of attachments. But what will happen if one day you find that yahoo mail attachments are not showing or not working? This can happen when the browser is outdated or there is a security-related issue. However, it is not a major glitch and can be resolved easily by performing basic troubleshooting.
List of Issues with Yahoo Mail Attachments
Here are the issues that you may face with attachments received on Yahoo account:
- Yahoo Mail Attachments are not working
- Attachments are not showing
- Yahoo email won’t open attachments
- The attachment got disappeared from Yahoo Mail
- Unable to download attachments
- The preview of the attachment is not available
- Yahoo email attachments are missing
And so on.
What Causes Issues with Attachments in Yahoo Mail?
You can’t find a solution without knowing the root cause behind the error, so here I have listed the possible reasons due to which you may face issues in download, or opening attachments in Yahoo:
If you’re having trouble reading an Adobe PDF file, you may need to install the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which will allow you to open and read PDF files. For more information, please visit Adobe.
- In case the attachment you have received is a PDF file, you may not be able to open it in the absence of a PDF file reader.
- Every attachment that you receive is in a different format and needs a particular tool to read it or you will not be able to view or download it if the browser you are using to open it isn’t properly configured.
- Sometimes due to internet or connectivity issues, you may not be able to view the attachment without downloading or saving it on your device.
- The incorrect configuration or security settings can also lead to issues with attachments.
Solutions to Fix Yahoo Mail Attachments Problems
Check out the possible solutions that you can apply to fix the issue with Yahoo Mail attachments:
- First and foremost, restart your system and then try again to download or view the attachment as sometimes a simple restart is enough to fix most of the problems.
- Then check if you are connected to the internet or not as if there will be no network, you will not be able to see the preview of Yahoo Mail attachment.
- Next, ensure that the browser you are using to log in to your Yahoo account is of the latest version. If the browser is outdated, the settings will not be properly configured and you will face issues in working with attachments.
- For PDF attachments, make sure to install Adobe Reader software and then try to open and view the file.
- The antivirus or firewall protection installed on your device can also create certain problems in downloading attachments. Make sure to add an exception to the security program to allow you to download and open email attachments.
- Disable the add-ons or plugins of your browser to ensure they are not interfering in the opening of an attachment.
- If you are facing the attachment problem with the Yahoo mail app, make sure that the app has been updated to its latest version.
Using all the above solutions, you can even look for the missing attachments that were not showing before and suddenly got disappeared from your Yahoo account.
Yahoo Mail not Working on Outlook
Forward Yahoo Email to Another Email
How do I set up Yahoo mail in Outlook?
Add Yahoo Email to iPhone
Unlock a Locked Yahoo Account