From chatting to video calls, WhatsApp is a go-to for 2 billion people. In fact, it seems like it is used even more than the normal messaging app. It can be a major issue for many if WhatsApp stops working since billions of people rely on it as not just a means of communication but also for their businesses. People use WhatsApp for sharing images, exchanging messages, location, voice notes, and now even making payments. Even though Apple has its own app for similar purposes known as iMessage, there are still many people who prefer to use WhatsApp despite owning an iPhone.
In this article we will explain in brief what are the causes that are leading to the issue of “WhatsApp is not working on iPhone”. We will also explain its fixes so that you can get rid of the issue for good!
Why is WhatsApp not Working on iPhone?
There can be many possible reasons leading to the cause of WhatsApp not working on your iPhone, and we have concluded some of those in our article. They are as follows:
- WhatsApp is down– If the servers of WhatsApp are down, this can be one of the reasons why it is not working on your iPhone.
- You are using an older version of the app– If you haven’t updated the app to its latest version available, then you won’t be able to use the app after a particular period of time. Leading to errors like problems with the functioning of the app.
- You don’t have notifications enabled for messages – Apart from the settings of your iPhone, the notifications have to be enabled from within the app itself. And if they are not, then this can be the reason for the cause.
- You aren’t up-to-date with your phone’s software – Apple continues to launch software updates for its devices on a frequent basis of time, introducing new features. And if you aren’t up-to-date with the latest software update, then this can possibly cause errors as well.
- Internet connection error – One of the most common reasons for most of the issues is poor connection or error in the network. To use WhatsApp, one needs to have a stable connection.
- Software crashes – Since Apple and WhatsApp are competitors, the software clashes between the two are common at this point. Due to such differences, iPhone users can face errors at times.
Fixes for “WhatsApp not Working on iPhone” Error
Restart your iPhone
- Press the lock button for 2-3 seconds and slide the bar to switch off the device.
- Wait for about 30 seconds and press the power button again to restart the phone until the Apple logo appears.
- Now, you can open your WhatsApp and check if the issue has been resolved.
Check internet connection
- Check that your Wi-Fi signal strength is good.
Delete WhatsApp and Reinstall it
- Press the WhatsApp icon for 2-3 seconds until options appear.
- Select the remove app option from the menu.
- Then a dialog box will appear, choose to delete the app.
- After that, go to the App Store and search for WhatsApp.
- When the results will appear, click on the cloud icon given on the right side of the screen as shown below.
- After the app is installed, you can relaunch it to know if the issue has been resolved.
Close WhatsApp on your device
- Open your WhatsApp and double-click the home button.
Note: If you have the iPhone X or later models, you can swipe up the bar given at the bottom of the screen and this will bring you to the opened apps in the background.
- Swipe up on WhatsApp from the bottom to the center of the screen.
- Now, the app is closed, and you can reopen it in some time.
Check for an Update on WhatsApp
- Open the App Store and press your Account icon in the right corner of the app.
- Then scroll down a bit and see the available updates for apps.
- If WhatsApp is one of those apps, tap on Update.
- After that, open WhatsApp, and it should be working smoothly.
WhatsApp vs iMessage – Which One is Better?
Let’s take a look at what a user has to say on Quora about the WhatsApp vs iMessage debate.
The person has expressed their personal opinion on what they feel about both applications and which one they prefer. Many factors have also been mentioned as reasons for why they made the choice that they made. Now, let’s have a look at what each has to offer to the users:
|SIM Card||Not Needed||Needed|
|User’s Last Time Active||Not Available||Available|
|Favorite Contacts||The only option is to pin your chats up to 6 contacts.||You can pin your favorite contacts at the top.|
|Screenshot Detection||Available||Not Available|
|Status and Stories||Not available||Users are allowed to show their availability status and post stories as well.|
In the above table, we have mentioned the features of both iMessage and WhatsApp. The choices made for the specifications vary from person to person and are totally up to them for what they choose or prefer. And now we leave it to your hands to decide which one would you prefer personally.
|Compared to WhatsApp, Apple clearly has more privacy and strict security measures. Hence, this leads to clashes between the software programs of the two, leading to the issue that WhatsApp is not working on iPhone. See what Forbes has to say about this.|
Q1. How do I connect to WhatsApp?
Ans. If you can’t connect to WhatsApp, then make sure that you follow the following given steps:
- Make sure your internet connection is on and stable.
- Restart your device and then relaunch the app.
- Turn off the low battery/power mode on your device.
Q2. How can I log in to WhatsApp Web?
Ans. To successfully log in to WhatsApp Web, follow the steps given below:
- Go to web.whatsapp.com
- Scan the QR code from your mobile.
- Tap on Link a Device and you will be good to go.