There are videos that we may find interesting enough to save on our phones in the social media world. But, not all platforms allow downloading the videos due to a number of reasons.
And so, we are here to solve this problem! There are tools via which you can download the videos from streaming platforms in whatever quality and format that you want. If you want to know how, read on!
In this article, we are going to talk about different tools which are also known as Video Downloaders. We will also explain in brief about them and make their comparison, so you can decide which tool works the best for you. So now let’s get started!
What are Video Downloaders?
Video downloader is a software using which videos can get downloaded and saved from social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and streaming platforms as well in different resolutions. These resolutions vary from 720p, 1040p to 4K, etc. Not only this, but with the help of a video downloader, you can also convert videos to MP3, M4A, MOV, AVI, and other formats.
You can download the videos using a video downloader per your requirement in different quality and formats. So if you are here to know all about video downloaders and planning to get one, this is just the right place for you.
Factors to Consider Before Getting Video Downloader
Now we are going to list some points that you should keep in mind before finalizing on getting a video downloader for downloading videos.
- Ease of Use
- Compatibility with many sites
- Good and solid performance
- Useful features like conversion of files and good quality downloading
- Cost-efficient and worth the money
So before you go ahead with getting any app for downloading videos, make sure you check all the points mentioned above. Now, we will be listing different video downloaders. This way, you can find out the best one that works for you.
List of Top Video Downloaders for PC Windows 10
Here are the top video downloaders for PC Windows 10 and information about them as well:
- By Click Downloader: By Click Downloader is one of the most convenient and popular video downloaders. It is well-designed with an interesting interface that has about 23 languages (German, English, Turkish, Spanish, etc.) and a thorough FAQ section. It is compatible with a number of sites including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Dailymotion, etc.
|It provides personal recommendations, which is rare in other tools.Has a built-in converter.Batch downloading.Available in 23 languages.||It doesn’t have editing tools.|
- iTubeGo: iTubeGo is a video downloading software that helps users to download videos from various platforms. It has a built-in YouTube converter and supports multiple audio and video formats like MP3, MP4, and HD MP4 quality. You can download dozens of SD and HD videos at a time using this video downloader. It also searches automatically and recommends TV series and movies online from subtitles when the users download any video.
|10 times faster download speed.Gives a 30-day money-back guarantee. Can download videos from up to 1000 video platforms.It supports downloading of 4K and 8K videos. iTubeGo’s desktop version supports batch downloads.It also supports various formats like MP3, MP4, M4A, etc. Allows downloading YouTube playlists as well.||Its free version doesn’t allow YouTube playlist download.|
- VideoProc: VideoProc is an all-in-one tool that has a good downloader as well. It provides a 7-day trial for those who want to try it before getting it. VideoProc is a paid software with reasonable pricing and is easy to use. It supports more than 1k video streaming websites including Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, etc. While most competitors still only support up to 1080p or 4K, this software supports 8K video. It also has a built-in video converter using which the users can easily convert their downloads to over 70 formats (AAC, MP3, MOV, and AVI). It doesn’t add extra apps to your device, either, which is great for a video downloader.
|It is a good start for beginners.It has a recorder, converter, and also editing tools.Supports many formats and streaming websites.A lot is covered in the cost, which makes it inexpensive.||There are a lot of features that are more than just for downloading and converting.|
- 4K Video Downloader: 4K Video Downloader works great for those who want to download videos mainly from YouTube. It is pretty easy to use despite its dated look and even lets the users download full playlists from YouTube. Apart from YouTube, it supports downloading from Facebook, TikTok, etc.
If you’re using the free version, you get to have a number of playlists, subtitles, and channels and in the paid version, it is unlimited. 4K Video Downloader supports 4K and 8K videos and has many cool features including downloading in bulk, private YouTube content, 3D, and 360° downloads with various supported formats (MP3, MP4, MKV, OGG, etc). It also has over a dozen languages available so you don’t have to worry about that factor!
|Easy to use.It offers good tools in the free version.Works smoothly for regular downloading.There are many languages that cut off the language barrier for many.||Looks a little dated.It is only more useful for YouTube and not really other sites.|
- YTD Video Downloader: YTD Video Downloader is another great video downloader with a limited free version and premium tool as well, which comes with a 7-day free trial. The app is very straightforward and lets the users download videos from many websites like Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, etc. The tool supports several formats including MP3, MP4, MOV, AVI, etc. The users with the premium version can download and convert many URLs all in one go.
|Ease of use.Has a built-in converter.It works with various platforms smoothly.There is quick batch downloading in the premium version.The basic version is free, which makes it easier for users to understand the use.||The free version and pro version are different, which gets complicated if someone is relying on the trial to buy the tool.The premium version is overly priced.|
- Freemake Video Downloader: Freemake Video Downloader is another popular software for downloading videos from various streaming websites. This downloader tool offers support for YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and more. It lets users get video clips from TV shows, movies, etc, and supports various formats, including AVI, MP3, MP4, and MPEG. There are other features including the option to curb bandwidth consumption (handy if your internet is already slow), cloud uploading, batch downloading, and parental controls.
|It is easy to use.Freemake has a simple interface that is easy to understand for a beginner.It works with many websites.The tool offers batch downloading.||At times, it suddenly stops working.The free version gives a big watermark in the files.|
- Allavsoft Video and Audio Downloader: Allavsoft is a pretty handy free video and audio downloader. Its layout is basic, and this tool is very easy to use. It lets users download files from more than 1,000 sites including YouTube, Facebook, Spotify, DailyMotion, SoundCloud, and more. In the free version, you can download a maximum of five videos and convert or merge videos of a maximum of five minutes in length. Allavsoft has a built-in converter that supports a variety of formats including MP3, MP4, M4A, WAV, MOV, Apple Lossless, and AVI. It also supports HD 1080p and 4K videos. The users can add multiple URLs to batch download and convert videos.
|Simple to use.Has a built-in converter and recorder.It supports all the known formats.It allows downloading from many websites.||It is expensive.There aren’t editing tools available.|
- Any Video Converter: Any Video Converter is a video converter software and has a built-in downloader. It comes with a free and a paid version. Both versions handle up to 4K resolution, but the Ultimate version is much faster for downloading and converting. AVC can work with more than a hundred video streaming sites, which include Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, and Metacafe. There are ample format options as well (17 in total), including AVI, MOV, and MP4. Apart from downloading, the free version enables you to perform basic edits, convert between video and audio formats, burn video to DVD, and play videos and DVDs with a built-in player. If you upgrade to the ultimate plan, you get a DVD converter, video and screen recorders, and DVD templates. There is more than a dozen languages available on the app (French, Korean, Thai, and Polish).
|Supports plenty of formats.It has a converter included.It can download from a lot of sites smoothly.||The free or trial version of the downloader is slow.The ultimate version is overly priced.|
- aTube Catcher: aTube Catcher has a lot of features and is free of cost. Even though it is free, the tool offers the option to the users to donate if they wish to. It also has other useful tools as well, which include a video converter, screen recorder, audio tool, and DVD creator. It is compatible and supported by many websites and offers many options to convert. The conversions can be slow, but the supported formats are MP3, MP4, GIF, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, XVID, etc. There are many options available for language as well, like English, French, Italian, etc.
|It is pocket-friendly.Supports many formats.It has multiple tools in one.||The conversion process is slow.Installs additional and unnecessary software and programs on your device.|
- Snap Downloader: SnapDownloader is one of the best video downloaders for Windows and macOS and lets you download videos at the best quality with ease. The best part about it is that it’s very simple to use and not complicated. SnapDownloader supports over 900 websites to download videos at a high speed. It lets users download videos in 8K, 4K, 1080p HD, 720p, and many more resolutions and convert them to MP4 or MP3 format without any hassle.
|There are no ads.It has a user-friendly UI.It can download up to 15 videos simultaneously.||There is only 48 hours of trial available.There are features that are not needed by the users.|
So these were some useful and popular video downloaders. If you want to compare them and get to know more about them specifically, continue reading.
Comparison of Top Video Downloaders
Now that you have got an idea of what type of video downloaders are available for you to choose from, make sure that you pay attention to their pros and cons. And not only that, but also to the specifications that we will be comparing in the table given below and see if they are matching your needs and requirements or not.
|Name||Supported Platforms||Supported File Formats||Download Source||Price|
|By Click Downloader||Windows||MP3, MP4, WMV, FLV, 3GP, etc.||YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.||Free, Premium version $4.99|
|iTubeGo||macOS, Windows, Android, and iPhone devices.||MP3, MP4, M4A, and other formats.||YouTube, Netflix, Facebook, Instagram, Dailymotion, Vimeo, BBC, and many 1000+ other platforms.||Basic: Free, Premium: $19.95 yearly license, $29.95 for a lifetime license for 1 PC, and a free trial.|
|VideoProc||Windows and macOS||MP3, FLV, AV1, WebM, m4a, MP4, WAV, iPhone, Android, and almost all formats.||Youtube, SoundCloud, Facebook, and many more.||$25.95 Annual Plan for PC|
|4K Video Downloader||Windows, Mac, Ubuntu.||MP4, MKV, FLV, 3GP, etc.||YouTube, Vimeo, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Flickr, SoundCloud, etc.||Free Limited version, Premium Software for $15 (maximum 3 simultaneous downloads)|
|YTD Video Downloader||Windows and macOS||MP3, MP4, 3GP, AVI, FLV, MOV, and WMV.||YouTube, Facebook, Bing Video, LiveLeak, etc.||Free Basic version, $9.99 per month, $71.76 for a two-year plan.|
|Freemake Video Downloader||Windows||MP3, MP4, AVI, and MPEG.||YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and over 10,000 sites.||$39.95 per year, and an Unlimited license is $59.95.|
|Allavsoft Video & Audio Downloader||Windows and macOS||MP3, M4A, WAV, MOV, MP4, Apple Lossless, and AVI.||YouTube, Spotify, Facebook, SoundCloud, Deezer, Tidal, and more.||Free trial.$59.99 for a Lifetime license, $19.99 for a 1-month license, and $29.99 for a 1-year license.|
|Any Video Converter||Windows and macOS||AVI, MOV, MP4, and 14 more.||Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, Metacafe, and many more.||Free, $49.95 for AVC Ultimate.|
|aTube Catcher||Windows||MP3, MP4, 3G2, 3GP, AVI, XVID, GIF, MOV, and many more.||YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.||Free (Donating is an option)|
|Snap Downloader||Windows and macOS||MP4, MP3.||900 websites including Facebook, Twitter, etc.||Free trial or lifetime license for $19.99.|
ANS: The video downloader apps are usually safe to use, however, some of them may contain malware. So before using any video downloader, make sure that it is reliable and malware-free.
ANS: Yes, videos and playlists can easily get saved on a video downloader. All you have to do is paste the URL of the video into the search bar that you want to download and save it. And that’s it. After that, the app will process the video, and you will be able to download the videos to the specified folder on your phone or PC.
ANS: Most of the video downloaders give the same quality and format of the video that you choose before hitting Download. So, if you have selected the quality and format of the video, you will most likely get it with the same changes applied.
ANS: Here’s a list of some video downloader apps:
- By Click Downloader
- YTD Video Downloader