Facebook is one of the leading social media platforms with 2.6 billion monthly active users worldwide. With a lot of useful features, Facebook has become the need of the hour and as more and more people are using it, a lot of users are also facing issues in recovering their Facebook account due to lack of knowledge. Although Facebook offers you the easiest ways to reset the password i.e. using your recovery email address or phone number, still, there are some who don’t have access to their recovery information, hence, are not able to reset the password.
That’s why we have come up with one useful method to recover a Facebook account if you don’t have access to the email address or phone number linked to your FB account.
Trusted Contacts Option
Facebook lets you add 3 to 5 of your friends as trusted contacts whom you can contact if you are locked out of your Facebook account. This method doesn’t require you to have access to your phone number or email address, you just need to call or contact your friends to get the recovery code.
Note- To use this option, you must already have added your friends as trusted contacts otherwise you won’t be able to use this Facebook recovery option.
For a better understanding of how to use this method, you can watch this video:
Or you can consider the step-by-step instructions given further.
Recover Facebook Account with Trusted Contacts
Here is how to change the Facebook password with the help of your friends:
- Go to www.facebook.com and click on ‘Forgotten password?’
- Enter your email address or phone number to search for your Facebook account that you want to recover; click on ‘Search’.
- You will see some options to reset the password i.e. using your phone number or email; click on ‘No longer have access to these?’
- On the next page, you simply have to enter a new email address or phone number that you can access so that you can get messages related to account recovery, press ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- On the next page, you will get the option to ask your trusted contacts for help; click on ‘Reveal my Trusted Contacts’
- Enter the name of one of your trusted contacts to proceed, click ‘Confirm’.
- All your trusted contacts will be revealed, you just need to personally contact all of them and tell them to go to the link www.facebook.com/recover and ask them to provide you with the code they have received; you have to enter all the codes in the given space and then click on ‘Continue’.
- Finally, you will be allowed to set a new password for your Facebook account.
That was all about how to use trusted contacts as a Facebook account recovery option.