How to Add Trusted Contacts on Facebook?
Posted on March 25, 2021 | by Khushboo Chhibber
Creating a Facebook account offers a lot of useful features and that’s the reason we all have got addicted to it. The ability to chat over text, audio calls, video calls, send GIFs, images, and so on has just made Facebook an inevitable part of our lives. Its security features are also so advanced that you can never get locked out of your Facebook account unless you have enabled all the security measures that it offers.
You can simply reset your FB password using your recovery information such as email address and phone number. But in case, you want to recover your Facebook account without an email address or phone number, you can do that as well using the trusted contacts option. To use trusted contacts to recover your Facebook account, you need to have added at least 3 to 5 friends as trusted whom you can contact when in need.
Here’s the step-by-step tutorial that you can watch:
Steps to Add Trusted Contacts on Facebook for Easy Recovery
Here is how you can add trusted contacts on Facebook:
- Firstly, log in to your Facebook account and click on the drop-down menu given in the top-right corner.
- Click on the ‘Settings and Privacy’ option
- Again click on the ‘Settings’ option
- Go to the ‘Security and Login’ section
- Scroll down and in the ‘Setting up extra security’ section, click on the ‘Edit’ option for ‘Trusted Contacts’.
- Click on ‘Choose friends’ to start adding your friends.
- Read all the information about the trusted contacts method and click on ‘Choose Trusted Contacts’
- Start typing the name of your Facebook friends that you want to add as trusted contacts; you have to add a minimum of 3 friends and a maximum of 5. Once done, click on ‘Confirm’.
- That’s all you have to do to activate the trusted contacts option for quick Facebook recovery. To remove the trusted contacts, you have to perform the same steps and click on ‘Remove All’
To use trusted contacts for Facebook recovery, you can go through this guide- Use Trusted Contacts for Facebook Recovery