In some cases, you may find that someone else’s Apple ID is logged in on your iPhone, and you can’t sign out of it because you don’t know the password. For example:
- Your ex-girlfriend’s Apple ID is logged in on your iPhone.
- Someone signed in his Apple ID on your iPhone without your knowledge.
- You got a used iPhone with the previous owner’s Apple ID logged in.
When you find that someone else’s Apple ID is logged in on your iPhone, you must log out of it as soon as possible, otherwise, your iPhone may be locked by that ID and cannot be used. So how do you sign out of someone else’s Apple ID on your iPhone without a password? This article will provide effective solutions.
- Solution 1: Use iSumsoft iLock Refixer
- Solution 2: Contact the Apple ID owner
- Solution 3: Restore iPhone using iTunes
Solution 1: Use iSumsoft iLock Refixer
iSumsoft iLock Refixer is a specialized iCloud removal tool that helps the user completely remove the iCloud account (Apple ID) on iPhone without a password. The tool works for iOS 9/10/11/12/13/14. This is the safest and most effective solution to help you get rid of someone else’s Apple ID from your iPhone.
You need to download and install iSumsoft iLock Refixer on your PC and then follow the steps below.
Step 1: Jailbreak the iPhone.
First, you need to jailbreak your iPhone. Don’t worry, jailbreaking is temporary. You can simply restart your iPhone after successfully logging out of the Apple ID to remove the jailbreak.
You can use the checkra1n program to quickly jailbreak your iPhone on a Mac if you have one.
If you use a Windows PC, you can create a jailbreak USB drive using iSumsoft iLock Refixer to jailbreak your iPhone. Here are the steps.
- Start iSumsoft iLock Refixer, click Burn, and then click Start to create a jailbreak USB drive.
- Make sure the iPhone is connected to the PC via an Apple Lightning USB cable.
- Boot your PC from the USB drive, and then follow the onscreen instructions to jailbreak your iPhone.
Step 2: Turn Off Network on the iPhone.
After the iPhone has been jailbroken, turn off the network on it, including WiFi and cellular data.
Step 3: Sign Out of Apple ID Without Password.
Make sure the iPhone is connected to your PC via Lightning to USB cable, and then tap Trust on the iPhone screen if prompted.
- Open iSumsoft iLock Refixer on your PC and choose the Turn off FMI option.
- Click Start and the tool will automatically detect the iPhone and start turning off Find My iPhone on the device without requiring an Apple ID password.
- When turning off Find My iPhone is complete, you will see the “Check the Status of Find My [device]” page. Leave the page there. Then, copy your iPhone’s serial number and paste it into this site to query your Find My iPhone status.
- If the query result shows that Find My iPhone is OFF, come back to the “Check the status of Find My [device]” page, select OFF from the drop-down menu, and then click Confirm.
- Click Yes when prompted, and the tool will immediately start removing the Apple ID from your iPhone without requiring a password. This process will also delete other user data on the iPhone, such as apps, photos, contacts, etc.
- When you receive a success prompt, your iPhone has successfully got rid of someone else’s Apple ID and you can sign in to iCloud with your own Apple ID.
Solution 2: Contact the Apple ID Owner
When you find that someone else’s Apple ID is logged in on your iPhone, you might try to contact the ID owner. If you can contact the owner of the Apple ID, you just need to ask him to enter the Apple ID password on your iPhone to sign out of iCloud.
If he can’t come to you, you can also ask him to remove the Apple ID remotely from your iPhone through the Find My iPhone app. He needs to follow these steps.
Step 1: On any computer or mobile phone, log in to the www.icloud website with the Apple ID that is logged in on your iPhone.
Step 2: After signing in, click the Find iPhone icon to log in to the “iCloud Find My iPhone” web app.
Step 3: On the iCloud Find My iPhone page, select the iPhone and click Erase iPhone to erase all data from the iPhone
Step 4: Once the iCloud Find My iPhone shows the iPhone has been erased, click Remove from account to completely remove the iPhone from the iCloud account.
Step 5: Once done, you can reset your iPhone with your own iCloud Apple ID.
Solution 3: Restore iPhone Using iTunes
Another way that might help sign out of someone else’s Apple ID without a password is to restore the iPhone to factory settings using iTunes. However, it is not recommended that you choose this method unless you are sure that the Apple ID has two-step authentication enabled.
Step 1: Make sure the iPhone has a lock screen passcode. If not, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Turn Passcode On to set up a passcode.
Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the PC via an Apple Lightning USB cable, and then put the iPhone in recovery mode.
Step 3: Open iTunes on the PC, choose Restore from the popup dialog and then follow the onscreen instructions to restore the iPhone to its factory settings.
Step 4: After your iPhone has been restored and restarted, you need to re-set it up. However, during the set-up process, you will see the Activation Lock screen asking for someone else’s Apple ID and password.
Step 5: On the Activation Lock screen, tap “Unlock with passcode” and enter the passcode used to unlock the iPhone. Then, the activation lock will be removed and you can set up your iPhone with your own Apple ID.
Note: The “Unlock with passcode” option appears on the Activation Lock screen only if the Apple ID linked to the iPhone has two-factor authentication enabled. Otherwise, there is no option to unlock the activation lock and your iPhone will be locked permanently by someone else’s Apple ID.
If your iPhone has someone else’s Apple ID (iCloud account) logged in and you don’t have a password, things can be tricky. If you can contact the owner of the Apple ID, that won’t be a problem. But what if you can’t get in touch with the owner of the Apple ID? Restoring the iPhone is an option, but it doesn’t work for all users. Fortunately, iSumsoft iLock Refixer is here to help. Thanks to this tool. It makes it possible to sign out of someone else’s Apple ID on iPhone without a password.