Update Java on Windows Using These Simple Methods
Posted on November 20, 2019 | by Freddie George
Java has become essential for so many applications that the
absence of Java might be refraining you from installing and using the
applications of your choice. Not only the absence of Java, but the outdated
Java version can be equally nerve-wracking. So get the latest version on your
Windows-based device so that you don’t have to miss anything.
Let’s first see how Java can be installed on your device:
- Use your Browser to open https://www.java.com/en/download/win10.jsp
- Click on “Agree and Start free download”
- Now, click Run
- Follow the on-screen
prompts to complete the installation.
Update Java on Windows 10:
- Open on the Start menu and open the Control Panel
- Now sort the icons as “large icons” from the view by option
- Click on Java and from the
upper-most tabs select “update”
- Select the “update now”
option from the lower-right corner
- Follow the on-screen
instructions to update Java
Update Java on
- From the Windows Start menu, select Control Panel
- Now change the size of icons to “large icons” using the View by option.
- Click Java from the
list of options
- Tap on Update tab from the top and then select Update Now
- Click Yes to make the changes effective
- Now, download the update
- Click Yes >> OK and then click Install.
- Do not forget to uncheck
the box for the Ask Toolbar option.
- Wait till the update is
Update Java using Internet Explorer:
- Open https://java.com/en/download/win10.jsp with your Internet Explorer
- It is required to update an
existing Java Installation requires to Internet explorer to run
- You can find this in the All Apps section from the Windows/Start menu
- Click “Agree and Continue”. It is a red button at the center.
- Click Run. Your current version of the site will be checked immediately.
- Tap on “download the Java now”
- Click on “agree and start free Download”
- Click Install to begin the installation to the default location.
- Choose the Java version you
are currently running and remove it by clicking on “Uninstall”
- Click “Next”
- Click “Close” and your Java is now up to date.
These are the simplest ways to install and update Java on
your device, but if you find anything keeping you from installing and updating
try the tricks given here below as they can fix your case and help you complete
- Check for the error-code and fix the issue immediately to complete the Java Installation.
- The online installation requires strong network connectivity. But if your internet is not so great, try using the offline installer for your Windows
- Use the 32-bit version rather than using the 64-bit version for a 32-bit operating system. Although, 64-bit version is a wise choice for 64-bit Windows
- Use the administrative rights to install Java on Windows 7 or Windows 8. For this, you need to download the office installer first, and then save it to an empty folder on the hard disk. Open the executable file by clicking-right and select Run as Administrator from the shortcut menu.
- User Account Control usually creates hindrance while installing Java on your Windows and hence temporarily disabling can do the trick.
- Antivirus usually interrupts the installation or update process, hence disabling it during the installation can be quite a helpful trick.