Have you ever come across Outlook’s [pii_email_373158ef2aa66aa3250f] error? I am guessing you must have, that’s why you are here! 😅
Just so you know, the error is very dreadful! Dassie, my friend, had put her head day and night in it to get the error resolved. She told me it has been very difficult to find the solution to this [pii_email_321b4e494a3a7177403b] error as there are very fewer solutions on the internet regarding the same, and there is almost no forum talking about it.
Nevertheless, you do not have to worry, because I have put everything in this article that I gathered from the internet and from my friend’s experience. All the solutions are tried and tested, but what works for the one may not give the desired result for the other. Therefore, my advice to you is to go through as many solutions as you can till you find your lifesaver!
Update your Outlook Application
Before proceeding with the rest of the troubleshooting procedures, you should check if your Outlook application has been updated to the most recent version. Outdated versions might cause issues due to the revised settings and functionality incorporated in subsequent releases, because of which the support for earlier versions got discontinued.
Thus, the obsolete Outlook version has an incompatibility problem and is unable to execute specific operations and features, resulting in numerous glitches and errors, like Outlook’s [pii_email_3b798f0c822fd03c5365] error code.
If you do not know how to update Outlook, do not worry, because the steps listed below will guide you through it:
- To update Outlook, open the Microsoft store on your PC.
- Type Outlook in the search bar.
- Then, select the Outlook app you have downloaded, and click on the Update button.
- After the completion of the update process, restart your PC, visit the Outlook application and see if the [pii_email_3b798f0c822fd03c5365] error is still there.
|Tip: It is very tedious to keep track of every application’s update status, and to go to the Microsoft store and update each of them one by one is all the more time-consuming. Instead of doing this, you can enable the auto-update option within the Microsoft store, which will update all the apps automatically. To do so, open Microsoft Store > Profile Icon > App Settings > Enable Auto App Update option.|
Clear Cache from Desktop/Browser
In many cases, it has been seen that the Outlook [pii_email_373158ef2aa66aa3250f] email error occurs due to corrupted cache files. Here, the cache is not only referring to the browsing data stored in the browser, but also the cached data of your system.
Yes! Your system also stores some cache or temporary data to work faster. If this data gets damaged, then the difficulty of using different programs and software may arise, like the one you are facing with Outlook right now.
Additionally, if you use Outlook on your browser, then you have to clear the browsing data/ browser’s cookies and cache files, and if you are using Outlook desktop software, then you need to delete your laptop/desktop cache.
Listed further are the steps to clear damaged cache data:
Delete Only Outlook Cache:
- Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard at the same time.
- A small Run window will appear. In the text field of that window, type %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook and click on the OK button.
- This will open the Outlook application folder, within which a folder named Cache or Temporary data will be present. Locate that folder and delete it.
- After clearing the cache, open Outlook and see if the error persists.
Delete All Cache from Windows:
- To begin with, press Windows + R key from the keyboard at the same time.
- Type %temp% in the visible text field inside the window and click OK.
- Now, a folder will appear, where all the temporary and cache data of your system will be present. Inside the cache or temporary data folder, other folders and files will be present. Select all of them, and delete.
- Now, restart your system, open Outlook and see if the [pii_email_373158ef2aa66aa3250f] error code is gone.
Delete All Cache from Browser:
- First, open your browser and, from its home screen, click on the menu icon (three dots) in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the menu that appears, select Settings.
- Within Settings, go to the Security and Privacy tab.
- Inside Security and Privacy, you will see the Clear browsing data tab, click on it.
- Now, check the Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files options. You may also specify the time for which you want to delete the data, from the Time range option.
- Next, click on the Clear data button and your browser’s cache will be clear.
- Once, the cache clearing is done, open your Outlook and see if the [pii_email_321b4e494a3a7177403b] email error is still there.
|Note: The steps mentioned in the above process to clear browsing data are specifically for Google Chrome. To clear cache from Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser, you may refer to their respective documentation.|
Log Out of Multiple Email Accounts from Outlook
Microsoft Outlook may display errors as a result of a program malfunction or a software breakdown. If you have numerous email accounts on the same computer, this can cause a problem; to resolve this, log out of all your email accounts added in the Outlook and then log in to the one you were getting [pii_email_3b798f0c822fd03c5365] error code with. Re logging in may help to resolve the problem as the email settings will be reconfigured while adding and thus if the problem lies with those settings, it will be eliminated by itself.
Ensure Correct Mail Server Settings
Incorrectly configured mail server settings are often the reason behind many of the Outlook related issues. Many users have known to work their way out of the [pii_email_1cf21730c5de8e3e27ea] error by reconfiguring the mail server settings and fixing Outlook’s SMTP error. This is so because, these settings include the email protocols, like IMAP/POP and SMTP, which govern the sending, receiving and other operations of email. If their receiving or outgoing servers or port numbers are altered, then various errors come into existence.
Therefore, make sure that these settings are correctly configured and if not so, then make changes according to the email service you are using.
Following are the steps to check mail server settings in Outlook:
- First, on your desktop, open the Outlook application.
- From Outlook’s home screen, click on the File option from the left side of the top menu bar.
- Thereafter, you will be directed to the Account Information menu. There, from the dropdown menu, select the email account with which you are facing the issue.
- Next, you have to click on the Account Settings option and from the expanded menu, select the Server Settings option.
- Then, from the dropdown menu inside the mail server settings page, select the Incoming mail and Outgoing mail to check IMAP/POP and SMTP server settings respectively.
- If the settings are correct, then do not change anything and if not, then set them to their correct configuration with reference to the email server settings of your email service provider.
- When you are done altering the settings, click on the Next button and then select Done.
If you have altered the settings, close the Outlook application, restart the computer; open Outlook and try sending email through the email account for which you have changed the server settings and see if you still get the Outlook [pii_email_647e431cb3bcb192253a] error code.
If you are facing other issues with Outlook mail server settings, then you can check out ‘Top Notch Trusted Fixes for Outlook Server Errors’
Delete and Again Download the Outlook Application
If you are still facing the [pii_email_48b2037260d5568d09f4] error, then there might be some issue with your Outlook application. This seldom happens when the application is not installed correctly or gets damaged during installation. So, give this method a shot, uninstall the Outlook application and download it again.
Also, deleting any software from the computer doesn’t work by just right-clicking on it and selecting the Delete option. There is a proper method to follow, do not worry if you don’t know that, the steps stated below will guide you through this:
- On your desktop search bar, type add and remove program and search.
- From the options that appear, select Add and Remove Program Settings.
- Then, the Settings window will open, where all the applications/software installed in your system will appear. Scroll through the list and locate Outlook.
- Beside Outlook, click on the three dots and select Uninstall from the expanded menu.
This will uninstall the Outlook application from your desktop. Again download it, add the email, if not added automatically, and try to send emails to check if the [pii_email_373158ef2aa66aa3250f] error is still there. If it remains, move on to the next method.
Do Not Use Pirated Outlook Software
Outlook’s [pii_email_321b4e494a3a7177403b] error code is occasionally noticed with people who were using duplicate or pirated Outlook software. If the Outlook version you’re using is pirated, and not the original one, then uninstall it right away, download the authentic application from the authorized source and add your email account to it.
Then, use the newly downloaded Microsoft Outlook to send emails to check if the error still persists. Also, remove the duplicate software that was installed on your system, since it can interfere with the other email clients that are installed on your device.
Run Windows Troubleshooter
If any of the above-stated approaches are not able to solve your [pii_email_3b798f0c822fd03c5365] Outlook error code, then this method most probably will.
Windows has a built-in troubleshooter for different purposes, that finds and repair the issue all by itself. The troubleshooter works only for some specified services, software and hardware of your system. But you need not worry, it works for all Microsoft apps, which obviously includes Outlook.
To get started using Troubleshooter, follow along the steps jotted down:
For Windows 10:
- First, go to the Start menu, click on the profile icon, and select Settings.
- Now, from the Settings window, select the Update and Security option.
- Within Update and Security, locate the Troubleshoot option and click on it.
- Next, from the Troubleshoot page, select the Windows Store App and then click on the Run the Troubleshooter option.
For Windows 11:
- To begin with, go to Start, click on the profile icon and select the Change Account Settings option.
- Now, from the left side pane of the Settings window, select System.
- Inside the System’s settings window, locate the Troubleshoot option and click on it.
- Next, click on the Other Troubleshooters option.
- On the visible screen, scroll to the bottom, find the Windows Store Apps and click on the Run button adjacent to it to start the troubleshooting.
- The troubleshooting process will start, if it finds any problem, then you have to select the Fix problem option to get the error fixed, otherwise, it will show, that no problem is found.
When the troubleshooting is done, restart your device and open outlook to check if the [pii_email_373158ef2aa66aa3250f] Outlook error is gone.
Fix Outlook Using Windows Repair Tool
The methods stated in the article so far are very well capable of fixing the [pii_email_1cf21730c5de8e3e27ea] error, however, if these don’t work for you, then you can try repairing it using Windows Repair Tool. You can use this tool to fix any of the issues while your Outlook is not working.
Following are the steps to carry the process out:
- First, right-click on the start button, and from the menu that appears, select Apps and Features, which is the very first option.
- Then, on the directed screen, scroll through the apps installed on your system and locate Outlook. Adjacent to it, click on the three dots and select Modify.
- Depending on the version of Office you are using, the following options will appear, and you have to proceed accordingly:
- Click-to-run: On the ‘How would you like to repair Office Programs’ window, select the Online Repair option and then select Repair.
- MSI-based: On the ‘Change your installation’ screen, click on the Repair option and then select Continue.
- Thereafter, you have to follow the instructions on the screen and complete the repairing process.
Repair Outlook Data Files (PST Files)
Outlook data files are the files that store your Outlook data on your computer. These files can be used to access the data stored on your Outlook even when you are not connected to the internet. Because the files are stored locally on your system, they can be used to export data from one computer to another.
However, you must be aware that saving and exporting data is always susceptible to corruption, which can lead to [pii_email_373158ef2aa66aa3250f] error in Outlook when you try to retrieve that data.
Nevertheless, there is a repairing tool using which you can repair these damaged PST files, following are the steps to take:
- First, close the Outlook, open the file explorer and enter the given path according to the Outlook version you are using:
- Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Once you reach the location, locate scanpst.exe and open it.
- Thereafter, click on the Browse option and select the data file (with .pst extension) you want to scan.
- After the file is loaded, click on the Start button to begin the scanning process.
- If the error is detected while scanning the file, click on the Repair button to start its fixing process.
- When the repair is finished, launch Outlook using the profile associated with the Outlook Data File that you just have fixed.
Temporary Disable Antivirus Program
Interference of antivirus with the working of Outlook is another crucial reason for the existence of Outlook’s [pii_email_321b4e494a3a7177403b] error. It is likely that the Microsoft Outlook error code is caused by the antivirus software installed on your system. An antivirus tool examines all of your computer’s incoming and outgoing emails for malware and other potentially hazardous stuff, and if it finds any email suspicious, it might prevent email from sending or receiving, because of which the Outlook may crash or freeze.
Therefore, examine your antivirus program’s settings to determine if there is any possibility for such interference to occur, if so, then disable it temporarily and contact its support service to find the permanent solution.
Suspicious Email Attachments
In rare circumstances, an email from an unknown source with attachments results in a [pii_email_48b2037260d5568d09f4 Outlook error code.
In this era of digitization, your email is known to a number of people you are unaware of, because of which you receive a lot of emails every day; some of them might contain files with malware, which Outlook may detect and show the error to prevent you from accessing it.
So, you must not download the attachments unless you are totally familiar with the sender. If you are still skeptical and want to explore the files, you should first run them via a reliable antivirus program before proceeding.
Hope the above-provided methods help you out of the situation. The above methods were mainly focused on Outlook installed on PC. However, if you have issues while using Outlook on Android phones, then you can refer to ‘Most Effective 10 Solutions to Fix Outlook App Not Working on Android Device’